Shift in downtime?

Theodophilusvie

So, when upon logging into SWTOR this afternoon, I read the warning of the Downtime for the emergency Patch and whatnot. Excellent, no problem, right? 2AM PST my time? I'll be going to bed around then anyway, so no problem. Haha!

I don't appreciate it when the downtime changes. Honestly, a Midnight downtime for the West Coast is seriously uncool, and no one I know appreciates it at all. I was even lucky to snag the Datacron I spent a whole hour trying to get to, JUST before the server went down. So please, do your loyal fan base a favor.. Don't change the Server Downtime.

err yeah you complain about a midnight downtime. i just finished dinner and was hoping to sit down and play tor for a few hours... walked a few metres and got server downtime in 10 minutes.

i'm looking forward to finally having aussie servers to play on but i seriously hope the downtimes dont still follow american times. the two timezones are NOT compatible

Oh no doubt that they're having fits about it. I would be in a worse state if servers went down during my awake time. I'd quit the game it that happened to me. Yet still, I only have a problem with it when they shift the times around during the day, promising one time, and giving another when the ball get's rollin'!

They bring the servers down too early across the board. And don't fix the bugs they posted they fixed after 'patch day' and do it all over again. I mean come on? Fixing "one little bug for four hours downtime"? They must think we're morons. Obviously all the bugs they supposedly repaired were not. This patch tonight is to fix the crap they claimed to fix Tues morning. If they even get it this time. I predict we're going to see yet another patch on yet another FRIDAY. Who the F patches on a WEEKEND?

I'm about to give up and say "Salutations, Star Wars: The ol' Re-patch.

They bring the servers down too early across the board. And don't fix the bugs they posted they fixed after 'patch day' and do it all over again. I mean come on? Fixing "one little bug for four hours downtime"? They must think we're morons. Obviously all the bugs they supposedly repaired were not. This patch tonight is to fix the crap they claimed to fix Tues morning. If they even get it this time. I predict we're going to see yet another patch on yet another FRIDAY. Who the F patches on a WEEKEND?

I'm about to give up and say "Salutations, Star Wars: The ol' Re-patch.

You should read my guide linked in my signature. A few tidbits:

Originally Posted by eGraced

Sometimes a bug is tied to other systems, so fixing one bug could create 3 more issues in previously stable parts of the game. Sometimes multiple issues can cause the same symptom. With the hundreds of thousands of lines of code in a game like this, tracking down and implementing a solid fix can be a HUGE process.

Originally Posted by Shiningriver

My point is, so yeah, a developer can be aware that this issue can happen, but it's hard to locate where the problem lies especially if you're searching on a colossal wall of text, numbers, and symbols that seems to be working but is strangely not.

Basically, just because it's in the patch doesn't mean they actually got to implement the fix. There could be a number of reasons for it, some of which being that there were other issues that didn't allow them to implement it, such as another bug they discovered. There's plenty of reason why they may not have been able to implement the fixes, though that does not have much to do with when maintenance is. At least, not that I know.

Just to lighten the mood:

Was having fun with this on the general forums. It was something to past the time.

Had some good laughs with a bunch of people, but the thread was closed. Someone at Bioware had to think it was funny.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=285363

----------

Savarous's Patch Night Theatre presents: The BioWare Theme Park

Bioware Employee: Welcome everyone! Welcome to the Bioware theme park! Enjoy your stay at the most fun place in the galaxy!

Visitor 1: Wow, this is great!

Visitor 2: Meh, I've been to better places.

Visitor 3: This is fun. A little rough, but it's still fun.

Bioware Employee: I assure everyone that Bioware is doing all that it can to quickly iron any possible problems and shortcomings. We all very much care for your concerns!

Visitor 2: One of your rides is broken.

Visitor 1: Oh what? That sucks!

Visitor 3: Shoot. Well, I guess I'll go on another ride. That one looks fun--

Bioware Employee: What?? It's broken! Quick! Everyone has to evacuate the park immediately! Code red!

Visitor 1: What? For how long?

Bioware Employee: Oh not that long, well, maybe about about a quarter of the work day.

Visitor 2: Ehh, that's fine. I'll go do something else.

Visitor 1: Aww! Didn't this park close down yesterday?

Visitor 3: Yeah, but that was when it's usually closed down for maintenance, right? Why does it need to shut down again?

Bioware Employee: Because!! This one ride is broken! Everyone out! We care about all of your concerns!

Visitor 3: But only a few people care about this ride. We'll go on other rides.

Visitor 2: Well, I care about this ride. No, I'd rather have them fix this now. The sooner the better. If you're upset or complaining, then you're a crybaby.

Visitor 1: But I thought I could spend the whole day at the park today!

Visitor 3: It's natural to be upset at such a short notice, but I understand if they need to fix something. Still, there's a LOT of people at this park--and a lot of them don't even know or care about this one ride. Can't you put it on the fix-it list for next Tuesday?

Bioware Employee: NO! We have an official schedule to fix things on a certain day! And yes, that was yesterday, but still! You can enjoy this park's two-hundred rides tomorrow, after we shut it down and fix this one ride! We must fix park breaking problems as they arise!!

Visitor 3: It's just one ride. The park as a whole is still operating pretty well--

Bioware Employee: SILENCE! We reserve the right to shut down everything on any other day we want!!

Visitor 1: But you just closed it down yesterday! This sucks! You suck!

Visitor 2: You're such a wuss, Visitor 1. Stop crying and get over it.

Bioware Employee: Thank you visitor 2. Your concerns are very important to us!

Visitor 3: Wait, hasn't this happened before?

Visitor 1: Yeah! You guys shut down this place multiple days in a row!

Bioware Employee: [Dialing] Hello, la Bioware parc à thème? Yes, that's right. That one ride--mm hmm. Shut it down, correct. Kick everyone out. Yes, we're doing it too. Shut everything down. Mm hmm, all at the same time. Merci!

Visitor 3: Well, I guess we'll try again tomorrow...

Visitor 2: Pfft, get a life you two.

Visitor 1: I hate you!

Bioware Employee: Yes... I can feel it... It gives you FOCUS... Makes you STRONGAH...!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.