New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

That is not my point. Of course it effects both scenarios. The point is there are several people in this thread spouting bogus claims like bioware only cares about the pvp community and could give two ***** about the pve players, which is a complete and utter farce. That is what my post is directed towards.

Was your entire rant really necessary? You ranted on about PvP versus PvE which has nothing to do with this thread.

You then mention that there are probalby different teams assigned to the Ilum and UI fixes, which was already mentioned.

And you then state that is would be pointless for anybody to sue, which is probably valid.

The point is if you wanted to express these ideas you did it in a very poor way.

Edited by Thesseract

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically this is going to be similar to the other MMOs, the player community spoke, loudly, and the developers basically said too bad, we don't want to change it back. So in about a month when they are looking at subscriptions and see a huge drop, they will come back and say...there's always another player to take the place of those that left. Otherwise they would have rolled back the cooldown stupid effect yesterday. And given the lack of any Dev chiming in acknowledging our feedback, I think it is obvious they really don't care what any of us think.

Let's hope the fix isn't just about the flashing that makes some people sick. Because most of us have a problem with how bad it is to play.

SR has said they plan on implementing code to allow these features to be toggled so players can chose different effects for their bars in a few weeks.

No idea how good these options will be though...

SR has said they plan on implementing code to allow these features to be toggled so players can chose different effects for their bars in a few weeks.

No idea how good these options will be though...

In a couple of weeks is just fine for me, but what of these people that have bleeding eyes?

In a couple of weeks is just fine for me, but what of these people that have bleeding eyes?

I'm actually one of the people having real vision issues with the new UI. I'm probably going to be forced to play less or in much shorter stints.

Which sucks because between work and school, I'd rather come home and vedge in front of ToR. Now I can't :(

Sorry that just made me chuckle. The UI does make me I'll though, so I'm allowed to laugh at that. Bleeding eyes though? Wooho. Stigmata of the ocularly sockets!

I'm actually one of the people having real vision issues with the new UI. I'm probably going to be forced to play less or in much shorter stints.

Which sucks because between work and school, I'd rather come home and vedge in front of ToR. Now I can't :(

Terribly sorry to hear that, as for myself I found the new UI changes to be thoroughly to my liking, and I'm actually experience a complete 100% opposite of the majority, I see abilities on cooldown easier, it doesn't strain my eyes and it's all around just probably made for me :/

Options shouldn't be a luxury!

Terribly sorry to hear that, as for myself I found the new UI changes to be thoroughly to my liking, and I'm actually experience a complete 100% opposite of the majority, I see abilities on cooldown easier, it doesn't strain my eyes and it's all around just probably made for me :/

Options shouldn't be a luxury!

I agree.

I miss my old WoW UI. It was so simple and fluid and happy and did NOT make my eyeballs feel like they're going to explode.

Oh sure, when I complain about the horrible electric after noise of combat on an assassin that nearly made my ears bleed I get laughed at, but when there's a slight brightness change on the hotbars it's a legitimate problem.

Well. I'm sorry for your ears. Honestly.

But in the same respect there was a LARGE outcry from A LOT of people that are having problems playing the game at all because this new UI is so bad.

Auto correct on tablets ftw. They determine that every single iteration of ill has to mean I'll. No matter how many times I tell it to not do that. Sort of like explaining something to your cat.

Cat would understand better imo.

>.>

I like it better now then before. But I don't understand why they changed it the first time?

Apparently it wasn't "Clear enough" to people to tell *** was going on.

Not really sure how the flashing and completely covering every button was a viable fix...

Oh sure, when I complain about the horrible electric after noise of combat on an assassin that nearly made my ears bleed I get laughed at, but when there's a slight brightness change on the hotbars it's a legitimate problem.

Just because your concern wasn't taken seriously don't troll ours.

Oh well.. my sub goes poof on the 19th so.. back to wow it seems. Considering this game as is is nothing more then a wow reskin thats laggyer, with less content, less choice of anything other then ls/ds points in a story line that ends at 50, and a hell a ton more bugs and just fail mistakes with their live testing I just dont even feel bad anymore.

No less being lied to with the release of this game saying they would have at least color choices based on chest armor which still hasnt been re added since being removed from beta leaving me stuck looking like a walking hobo until lvl 30 on any toon i roll. A lack of social armor for anything but Sorcs/Consulars and now a strobe light for a tool bar.

My one regret at this point is buying the game at all. I should of saved my cash for panda land. Wont be much different then running around with Tulz anyway.. Good luck and enjoy the game those of you who can and do bother to stay. It was nice while it lasted.

Apparently it wasn't "Clear enough" to people to tell *** was going on.

Not really sure how the flashing and completely covering every button was a viable fix...

My Opinion on this is really that they believe that ability delay is all a matter of perception by the player base. That’s why they are trying to "fix" the issue of abilities looking like they are ready to cast but they are not avail. You'll notice every time that "fix" is in patch notes, the UI has changes to the GCD.

My Opinion on this is really that they believe that ability delay is all a matter of perception by the player base. That’s why they are trying to "fix" the issue of abilities looking like they are ready to cast but they are not avail. You'll notice every time that "fix" is in patch notes, the UI has changes to the GCD.

The problem is not the UI but the game itself.

Some classes feel horribly sluggish in combat where others not so much.

They're trying to fix a problem that has nothing to do with what they're actually fixing.

...did that last bit make sense...? I'm heavily medicated...

You might be on to something there.

The problem is not the UI but the game itself.

Some classes feel horribly sluggish in combat where others not so much.

They're trying to fix a problem that has nothing to do with what they're actually fixing.

...did that last bit make sense...? I'm heavily medicated...

It did - and really made my point too

The issue is not the UI - it’s the game, but they are not willing to admit this so they look to placate the player base with changes that are labeled as a fix but are really just a change to the way things look.

Honestly all forum rage aside the fall out follow up has been way less than stellar.

They honestly need to get one person with a bit of PR spin and social grace to field these issues as they arise... The first mmo company to do so without being demeaning nor insulting to the player will win over loyal customers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.