New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter? Really?

At the end of the day its just pixels on a screen

yes it really matters all games are just pixels on a screen for that matter if you have the ability to have read this you are just viewing pixels on a screen. I like to choose which pixels I look at and how they are arranged some are more fun than others.

Does it really matter? Really?

At the end of the day its just pixels on a screen

It does matter when it makes combat boring.

And in a game where you're going to be in combat quite a lot it makes the game boring.

Edited by demotivator

Just going to throw in my opinion,

I was able to use the last one and now they changed it I can still use it. I look down at the toolbar and seen a cd with a few secs left, so it works and it tells me what I need,

I dont get an epileptic fit when it flashes.

I do not get a fit but a raging headache and eye strain along with motion sickness. Say what you will but the strobe effect has got to go.

Nope just checked this retarded monkey coding is still in place. Yet nothing but scraps from bioware and only half assed canned responses.

Even the poll said do not want... yet they would rather piss off more player base close threads and sweep this under the rug and tell us wait for another month and MAYBE we will fix it... IF you freaking clowns have a player base left at that point.

HEY BW stop taking EA's lack of CS and go back doing something slightly fresh and new...Oh ya NEVERMIND!! I should have learned my lesson from the neverwinter series and having end files or corrupt files missing from my game disks... even after patching would NOT allow me to continue... When support was contacted about it was told OH sorry some shipped that way... your bad luck..

I am now 100% comfortable you are not going to see another sub from me... Do I feel ripped off... you freaking betcha.

I don't even know what they were trying to do here? All i know is I can't play the game properly because i can't see what abilities i can use. I found myself clicking on random abilities hoping they would do something. I have never died so many times while playing this game as i did last night!

CHANGE IT BACK!

I think the global flash - on the cool down could be just toned down a little. There are more glaring problems than just that though. Once a button has been pressed and a spell has been casted, once the CD has completely, on my screen some of the buttons appear very dark, as if they are not yet available. Yet I know they are. I click on them anyway, more often than not I am right and it activates the ability again. Overall the combat menu/system is actually better, but for some as I say problems I found. It is more responsive, and not much delay on using combat buttons, as there was before the patch. If they tone down the bright CD animations and fix this dark buttons problem - fooling people into thinking the ability is not available when it should be, (Like I say I tested this a few times) then I think they could be closer to fixing this problem with the ability bar.

I personally hate the hot bar change. It's too dark and clouded now I feel like I can't really tell when the action becomes available now. For something that was suppose to make it easier to tell, for me it made it worse.

Talking to others about it, it seems mixed. I don't think I have found someone who actually thinks it is better than it was. They either hate it or they are like, "Meh.... it still works."

I vote for change it again, or change it back.

I think the global flash - on the cool down could be just toned down a little. There are more glaring problems than just that though. Once a button has been pressed and a spell has been casted, once the CD has completely, on my screen some of the buttons appear very dark, as if they are not yet available. Yet I know they are. I click on them anyway, more often than not I am right and it activates the ability again. Overall the combat menu/system is actually better, but for some as I say problems I found. It is more responsive, and not much delay on using combat buttons, as there was before the patch. If they tone down the bright CD animations and fix this dark buttons problem - fooling people into thinking the ability is not available when it should be, (Like I say I tested this a few times) then I think they could be closer to fixing this problem with the ability bar.

It is beyond toning it down, they have also broke reactionary skills with this crap.

The ui color in the strobe is also causing issues with people who are getting motion sickness like affects, headaches and eye strain.. They were also given the feedback but ignored it and pushed it anyways.

Now that they have been called on it and a vocal group has spoken out they have been met with silence and qq much from the fanboys.

My GF's SWTOR induced migraine tells me that it actually matters a lot - at least to us.

Mine mattered a great deal to me along with the added motion sickness effect... I had to go lay down in a dark room and sleep it off.

I made an attempt at it just a bit ago and did not last 3 minutes before feeling the queasy guts and seeing the added aura flashes in my vision.

So why there has been no change in UI in today patch ? How long do we have to wait to play ?? Something that can be solved in few hours isl asting 3 days!!!

What is more outrages is there has been no answer from BW , just few meanigless things on dev. trackr.

BW this is how u want adress serious issues in the game ?? just beeing quiet , telling us that is fault on PTS ? no timeline , no official appologize ?

Heh and I thought blizz customer service sucks but now I see how great it was , I really want to play this game but you are trying to force lot of ppl to cancel. Interesting managment and strategy.

I actually quite like the new UI changes (one of the few it seems) however, I suspect it may be because I play on a larger screen/resolution (26" @ 1920x1200) than many of those it affects. This means my action bars are more in my periphery vision than directly "in my face" when concentrating on my character.

Whilst I fully understand the difficulties in creating/exposing an addon API, this particular issue would perhaps best be solved by adding some additional options within the preferences screen for GCD and Action ready flashes.

PS. I fully sympathise with all those affected, being a suffer of migraines myself.

Actually a smaller screen would be better if the stuff on the monitor caused migraines.

Flashing lights on the sides often are a cause of migraines, for example when you're driving along an alley with sun shining trough the trees onto the street every 50m or so.

Well, not in SWTOR, since a lot of the lower resolutions come in awfully blurry, and the mods in the CSR forum telling you that it is your monitor being broken or malfunctioning.

Avoiding the common causes by a professional UI team would be the best option overall. But you know, people with basic UI design knowledgedo not work for sheep.

Edit:

Oh, and @Mods: How about mentioning the migraine caused by the UI in the title of the thread?

Edited by Mikkeos

Actually a smaller screen would be better if the stuff on the monitor caused migraines.

Flashing lights on the sides often are a cause of migraines, for example when you're driving along an alley with sun shining trough the trees onto the street every 50m or so.

Well, not in SWTOR, since a lot of the lower resolutions come in awfully blurry, and the mods in the CSR forum telling you that it is your monitor being broken or malfunctioning.

Avoiding the common causes by a professional UI team would be the best option overall. But you know, people with basic UI design knowledgedo not work for sheep.

Edit:

Oh, and @Mods: How about mentioning the migraine caused by the UI in the title of the thread?

I started getting them at work a few years ago, I was subjected to x5 the level allowed by ohsa in lums on a flickering set of florescent lights. It got corrected but had to move from that area to being under a wobbling set of halogens, between the wobble effect and the glare off my anti static mat I was getting them constantly.

I corrected the issue but still get them from the flickering mainly off of white CFG bulbs. I have switched my house lights to full spectrum normal bulbs.

I actually quite like the new UI changes (one of the few it seems) however, I suspect it may be because I play on a larger screen/resolution (26" @ 1920x1200) than many of those it affects. This means my action bars are more in my periphery vision than directly "in my face" when concentrating on my character.

Whilst I fully understand the difficulties in creating/exposing an addon API, this particular issue would perhaps best be solved by adding some additional options within the preferences screen for GCD and Action ready flashes.

PS. I fully sympathise with all those affected, being a suffer of migraines myself.

You might think that a larger screen would lessen this but this is not the case. I use a 27" Apple Thunderbolt Display at 2560x1440. It doesn't matter the size the constant flashing induces the effect.

Additionally, I have tried to alter the contrast and brightness as well. This too does not matter, as long as there is uniform flashing from around the screen it will produce the same effect to one susceptible to it.

Yup my thoughts exactly more or less.

Edited by Devako

well, i deleted my sub today, why pay when they forced me to quit by introducing disco floor at center of my screen. migraine every 10-15 min, no ty

i wish u all gl with this game, i been patient long enough, and they dare ignore the problem completely.

my health is important to me.

if they made this game for half blind people who r fine with light works, guess i have no choice but to quit

Considering how many people are complaining of physical symptons, I'm actually rather shocked that this wasn't removed immediately for further testing.

Whether one likes it or not, if it is making previously unaffected people sick, it needs to go. Now.

Considering how many people are complaining of physical symptons, I'm actually rather shocked that this wasn't removed immediately for further testing.

Whether one likes it or not, if it is making previously unaffected people sick, it needs to go. Now.

Yes it does but their minds are stuck on Illium as the thinking appears to be that everyone wants to PvP. I agree with others who said make a client side patch available so those who want to can pick the look they want.

I can say from experience that if you do not personally suffer from the effects described now by hundreds of different players in relation to the new Global CoolDown Effects, then there is no way for you to understand what is happening. You will most likely dismiss this as exaggeration. Given that this horrid UI "improvement" made it to the live servers, I can only assume that none of the pertinent development staff could possibly suffer from said symptoms.

If you follow the logic, you will see there is only one possible outcome: This will never be taken seriously and will not be changed. I was worried that Bioware would not have the experience to do an MMO properly. I was right.

This really reminds of the "Ilum disaster" in patch 1.1, people were crying for valor rollback, for good reason even if it would affect those who did it the legit way (aka war zones), just to cure pvp situation. Ofcourse it didn't happen, now the same thing is going on, majority calls out for fix to bring it back to style before this patch and again Bioware will show us middle finger with stuff like "we are looking into it for out patch 1.2". And that patch is not going live for next month and a half. So yeah get used to the new UI till march or quit is the only option.

This really reminds of the "Ilum disaster" in patch 1.1, people were crying for valor rollback, for good reason even if it would affect those who did it the legit way (aka war zones), just to cure pvp situation. Ofcourse it didn't happen, now the same thing is going on, majority calls out for fix to bring it back to style before this patch and again Bioware will show us middle finger with stuff like "we are looking into it for out patch 1.2". And that patch is not going live for next month and a half. So yeah get used to the new UI till march or quit is the only option.

Except you know actually people feeling ill. Its not imaginary numbers in a game its that people are getting dizzy, getting headaches, and getting nausea from playing a game when it is not typical of them to have these problems. The company has completely ignored that its product is making people sick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.