The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Alternative for the Valor Grind Please!

belthazaar

Before I begin I just want to say Im putting this here instead of in the PvP forum because the gear grind for BM gear effects everyone including hardcore raiders.

The grind was completely acceptable up until about valor 51 or so. If I remember right the requirement for getting to 51 was around 9-10k valor, now 5 valor later the requirement has skyrocketted trippling in value up to around 30k per lvl. I believe that by lvl 60 the required valor to lvl is around 60k valor. I understand the need to make some aspects of the game grindy and require large ammounts of time to aquire, but lets face it the GRIND to get up to lvl 60 valor is absolutly rediculous, and it gets worse beyond 60.

Lets to the math on this. Assuming you get roughly 1k valor per wz(roughly the same per ammount of time spent on illum), it takes 30 wz games to get to the next lvl of valor. that would be for somewhere around lvl 53-54 I think. The next lvl is around 35k meaning 35 wzs played etc. etc. Given that lets take a rough sample of 10 minutes per wzs as that seems about average. 10x30 is 300 and 300 minutes is 5 hours of grinding Warzones for that one lvl. The next level being about another hour added on to that at around an additional 6 hours needed for the next lvl. This constant increase means getting through just the lvl 50-60 range brings us to somewhere around 100 hours give or take of play time just to get through that lvl range. For me, this is unacceptable.

I know there are those who have allready ground out this rediculous grind and I understand the whole " I had to do it why shouldnt you" sentiment, but consider your alts, and your alts alts. I have a suggestion the qwell that arguement anyway wich I'll go into in a minute when I get there.

Either Give us an alternative way to farm out the valor needed without having to change the current numbers needed per lvl.

Reduce the valor requirements per lvl. In doing this, either hand out something aesthetic like a title reserved for those who previously reached x valor rank by the time something like this goes into effect, or apply the extra valor they have farmed into the new total and increase the lvl further. Or both.

Or, Increase the valor gained per Kill/Wz as long as x requirement is met. I.e. Ranking system that per killing x rank gives x more valor per kill. Something along those lines.

*EDIT*

:( my post wound up in the suggestion box where no one goes :(

Edited by belthazaar

/signed

This grind will result in many people finding ways to short cut it as most gamers will become burnt out prior to reaching valor 60. At the point of burn out they will look for ways to afk bot the rest.

Character leveling grind was addressed well with cut scenes and changes of scenery and varying quest mechanics which hide the grind. In pvp however, its the same 3 maps from level 10 to 50 and only then does the true grind begin with getting valor from 50 to 60.

I was planning to level my alt with pvp and class quests but now that I am level 34 with valor level 33 I am already burnt out and find myself casually wandering about the map or 'guarding' a seldom attacked tower as it's more relaxing after the 30th game that night.

If it is indeed another 100 hours of playing these 3 maps AFTER I ding 50 just to get my valor to 60 then I can very well see myself caring very little between wins and losses and simply die to sit back in the respawn point as much as I can.

Edited by Twolow

News flash: MMO has incredibly long progression system requiring players to keep paying. Film at 11.

Yes we know this and I personally dont have a problem with the actual grind itself, but for the love of god if I'm going to be forced to spend that much time before I get to the good gear then give me something entertaining instead of doing the same thing repeatedly for over 100 hours of a game. That is not how you get someone to resub. Not to mention the people that I know who are lvl 60 valor just hop on do there daily and poof. Mostly because the grind was sooo frustrating that they dont care anymore for pvp as a whole.

Yes we know this and I personally dont have a problem with the actual grind itself, but for the love of god if I'm going to be forced to spend that much time before I get to the good gear then give me something entertaining instead of doing the same thing repeatedly for over 100 hours of a game. That is not how you get someone to resub. Not to mention the people that I know who are lvl 60 valor just hop on do there daily and poof. Mostly because the grind was sooo frustrating that they dont care anymore for pvp as a whole.

They have a definition for this:

POOR DESIGN.

Vote with your wallet - close it. Continuing to pay just feeds EA/Bioware the idea that what they're doing is right.