Clone Wars TV series

DuffAlmighty

It started horribly. First season and a half or so were unbearably kiddy. But it's definitely picked up since then.

I genuinely like Anakin in this series. In fact it's hard to believe he becomes Vader considering how professional of a Jedi he is in this.

Nothing like the hesistant, constipated whiner in the prequels..

I like it. I think I like Cad Bane better than Jango. That's not to say that Jango isn't an awesome character, but the show does a better job with Bane than the movie did with Jango, if that makes any sense.

Bah! He got all those jobs only because Jango lost his head. With Jango around Cad Bane wasn't even #2.

Bah! He got all those jobs only because Jango lost his head. With Jango around Cad Bane wasn't even #2.

No, Cad was still number 1... it's just the Sith wanted a human warrior to be the template for the clone army! ;)

Cad's a lot of fun; wish Duros was a playable species, but I suppose making a Body Type 1 male Chiss bounty hunter would be the closest you could get (sadly, he'd need Smuggler armor to properly look the part...I'm not sure there's any non-class-specific Smuggler-type hats and coats that could be worn by a BH--despite being Medium--without switching to some Empire-only skin)

Mostly minor stuff in the grand scheme of things. IE, Ryloth doesn't have that signature standstill rotation (or if it does, it's not mentioned) and is more like a desert planet. IT was originally gonna be more Mustafar-like, though, when designed but was scrapped for well, looking too much like Mustafar.

Really, the inconsistancies are low enough that while definitely bugging, you can overlook it in the end of the day and just shrug it off.

The early series is definitely hit-or-miss. Hit? **** the Force awesome. Miss? "Oooh, splat goes a frog-dog; get a cleaner droid!"

But by season 4, it's really managed to mature into a great series that's thrown a lot of the annoying (but in some places fine and understandable) kiddie stuff. Actually, one of the episodes I really liked (aside from the idiot-plot set up), 'Lightsaber Lost', had a serious kid vibe to it but also served as a great chance to work on one of the TCW characters, in this case Ahsoka

I have been meaning to start watching it but I heard there were some serious canon inconsistencies. Anyone know what they are?

In addition to Ryloth's apparently-dumped unique elements (aside from being the home of the Twi'lek species), there's been a lot of fan backlash over Mandalore, though much of it can easily be explained away and blended in with existing EU without too much trouble.

It can't. Its G-Canon.

The fact that the Clone Wars is G-Canon means that it's the highest level of the Canon Heirarchy. Specifically, any contradiction between it and other parts of EU it is automatically assumed that the Clone Wars is the correct canon and that previous events have been altered or Retconned to fit what the Clone Wars says.

It started horribly. First season and a half or so were unbearably kiddy. But it's definitely picked up since then.

I genuinely like Anakin in this series. In fact it's hard to believe he becomes Vader considering how professional of a Jedi he is in this.

Nothing like the hesistant, constipated whiner in the prequels..

except for the fact that he often looses his shirt when he gets upset, often followed by the raising of Obi-Wans eyebrow to him.

I have been meaning to start watching it but I heard there were some serious canon inconsistencies. Anyone know what they are?

It is a production overseen directly by George Lucas; Therefore it IS cannon. Any inconsistencies with cannon from other sources become wiped from the universe because George Lucas' Star Wars, is the ONLY Star Wars.

It is a production overseen directly by George Lucas; Therefore it IS cannon. Any inconsistencies with cannon from other sources become wiped from the universe because George Lucas' Star Wars, is the ONLY Star Wars.

Yes, it's certainly canon. It's responsible for the addition of T-Canon to the canon hierarchy.

T-Canon is for TCW, and is second only to G-Canon, and is therefore not G-Canon.

Lucas may have a (large) hand involved in TCW, but he's not the one at the helm.

Lucas didn't invent the canon hierarchy used by Leland Chee and The Holocron. Nor does he care about it beyond it keeping everything else from contradicting him or the movies.

They made T-Canon for TCW, and that ensures that anything from C-Canon (the EU) is incapable of overriding TCW. Even Traviss' Uber-Mandos.