Advanced classes are dumb as hell

Tonstaz

You dramatically missed his point there. Reread the part where he says "Just let us pick at level 1 ffs" You see, unlike other poster's, he's not asking for an advanced class change, he's asking that core classes like Trooper, Knight, Guardian and Smuggler be removed, in favor of rolling your advanced class at level 1.

Now, he wouldn't rage against other games because other games don't have this 'advanced class' system and they do let your choose your class and level as your class from level 1.

Hope that clears things up.

lol so out of all the comments you pick one to seize on and add back-story to?

I think it is you who added your own point. While he later states in mid post 'ffs they should let it be at lvl 1', that is a side comment, apart from the whine of wasting time because of a wrong choice.

Now suppose you picked at level 1 and didn't like the play-style or skills at level 10... oops, a reroll... or more whining. Or both.

In this case, the AC is the same as other 'classes' in other MMOs. You make a choice and see if it pans out. If you spend a few hours after the creation of level one either way, what's the diff?

None, except you pick at level 1 and test a while vs playing till 10 then testing a little while. Time is about the same no matter how you cut it.

So question stands. Does the OP make a fuss in their forums?

Edited by skinthinner

Okay, lets take this point by point.

lol so out of all the comments you pick one to seize on and add back-story to?

Yes, I picked the comment where you actually responded to him AND showed how you missed the point to respond to. Anything beyond that is clearly a case of projection on your part.

I think it is you who added your own point.

This would be incorrect as I do not share the view that core classes should be removed.

While he later states in mid post 'ffs they should let it be at lvl 1', that is a side comment, apart from the whine of wasting time because of a wrong choice.

"Later" being a sentence imbedded into his main argument by ellipses. So, you're wrong about it being later, it was 'during.' However, he did also say, actually later, "I don't get why we wait until level 10."

As before, I've ignored every other point you've made because you're begging the question.

I hope that, once more, helps you understand the point you're arguing against.

I don't understand why I had to spend the time grinding out to lvl 10 with my friend, just to REDO the entire procedure because I cannot respect my Advanced class and realized it wasn't for me. Yea, I understand you can't go from a rouge to a mage in any other MMO, but seriously... Just let us pick at level 1 ffs.... Literally 0 benefit from doing it this way since you don't get a REAL feel for your class untill much later ANYWAY, I don't get why we wait untill 10.

Another 5-6 hours of my life wasted on an MMO because of some stupid implementation that made no sense. Glad I spent 65$ on this yesterday... (50+sub)

Bold emphasis mine.

That's one of the unfortunate drawbacks of an impulse buy, which I assume this was for you, as there doesn't seem to have been any research done prior to your investment.

That mistake of yours aside, what exactly are you looking for in a Jedi build, I'm sure someone here can give you a bit of learned advice before you make your next move.

Edited by Vastori

I don't understand why I had to spend the time grinding out to lvl 10 with my friend, just to REDO the entire procedure because I cannot respect my Advanced class and realized it wasn't for me. Yea, I understand you can't go from a rouge to a mage in any other MMO, but seriously... Just let us pick at level 1 ffs.... Literally 0 benefit from doing it this way since you don't get a REAL feel for your class untill much later ANYWAY, I don't get why we wait untill 10.

Another 5-6 hours of my life wasted on an MMO because of some stupid implementation that made no sense. Glad I spent 65$ on this yesterday... (50+sub)

I just want to make sure I understand. Let's say you leveled a character, say... Jedi Knight, and you chose Sentinel Advance Class and decided you didn't like it and wished you could respec into Guardian. You are complaining that you cannot do this and wish you just chose your class at level 1?

Wait... So what if you leveled Sentinel and then decided later you didn't like it... wouldn't you be starting over at level 1 leveling the Guardian anyways?