Synthweaving - missing recipes on purpose, or bug?

Liarablade

I am doing synthweaving because it makes Inquis gear and I am an inquis. But I noticed a few things that seem a bit odd and curious if it's an on purpose thing or a bug:

Level 13 armor - I have leggings for heavy AND medium, but none for light. Recipe is not available at all. First available crafted light armor pants is level 23. Seems a bit weird that heavy/medium get theirs 10 levels earlier than light armor.

Level 17 - Belts available again for medium and heavy, but none for light. The belts for heavy/medium go 9, 17, 25 but for light it just goes 9, 25 ... 16 levels seems a bit of a long wait for an upgrade that is craftable.

Not a big deal, I am sure I will get plenty of pants and belts via questing / flash points.

I thought Synthweaving description says only for light armor stuffs... why do we get medium and heavy in there? :|

Regardless of armor class:

Synthweaving = Force Armor

Armormech = Tech Armor

;)

On Topic: Have you been reverse engineering anything yet? (I don't know the system, I'm just asking because that could be the problem).

Edited by Zoroth

With Synthweaving as you level it you get different recipes, reverse engineering will get you those recipes. Don't forget you need rocks to make the items though.

One more thing, if you level Underworld Diplomacy you;ll eventually get rare items need to make other synthweaving items.

Edited by Shemal

There are definently missing recipes. My light armor goes from 15 to 21 where medium and heavy have 2 tiers. You dont get brand new recipes from re, you get better versions of what u re. Im missing the light equivelants to recipes i got from the trainer for medium and heavy.

You buy recipes from the trainer for the regular stuff - I have the recipes for medium and heavy, but light is missing two so far that I have medium/heavy equivalents for. The level 13 belt legs and the level 17 belt. Wouldn't make sense to make you have to "find" a recipe just for light, when you get medium/heavy for a few credits at your trainer.

RE makes it so that you have a better chance making a better quality item. And you get some of the materials back off the item (IE: I RE a forearms piece and get 1 rubat crystal back).

Heavy is for warriors as well as companions - Khem Val wears heavy with the stats Synth can make for example. :D

Edited by Liarablade