23-0-18 (24-0-17) still viable

matyo

concerning PVP:

so i got the point, due to patch we lose force strike when using combat technique. but why does everyone abandon this spec?

it has still containment, force in balance, mental potency and adjudication.

4 very useful talents for combat-technique DPS and CC

with 31-0-10 we lose those 4 talents and gain force break, slow time and HS. is it actuelly that much more dmg in comparison to buffed force in balance + adjudication? and keep in mind you lose containment, a very good pvp talent (instant focus CC healer for example)

since you lose force strike its 24-0-17 for pvp i guess:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rcrokrskZZf0cRrM.1

tell me what i seem to miss, why you abandon this hybrid pvp spec?

24/0/17 is still decent, but there's just so much synergy at the top of the Kinetic tree, now.

Slow Time does pretty good damage, applies AoE SNARE, applies AoE damage debuff, applies a HS stack, and does it on half the cooldown of FiB. That's a lot of win in one button.

A single tick of TK provides as much healing as FiB hitting 3 targets, without requiring multiple targets clumped up.

tell me what i seem to miss, why you abandon this hybrid pvp spec?

As of 1.1.2 Harnessed Shadows is now a beast of a talent because it procs off Slow Time and Project.

Slow Time versus FiB:

- Slow Time snares your target, no need to cast Force Slow and waste a GCD.

- Slow Time makes them deal 5% less damage.

- 7.5s CD

- Deals damage to up to 5 targets.

- Adds a Harnessed Shadows proc.

FiB is a 15s CD, and deals internal damage (avoiding DR from armor), however you will still take more damage and still need to snare your target, wasting GCD's on snares instead of damage.

The buff in 1.1.2 to Slow Time proc'ing Harnessed Shadows makes it even more worthwhile. You can pretty much guarantee a full stack of Harnessed Shadows every 15 seconds and it is the hardest hitting ability you will get as Kinetic Shadow doing anywhere between 3.5k to 6k damage depending on what you use for gear/trinkets/adrenals.

Don't get me wrong, I think Containment is amazing, but its simply the only thing worth going that deep into Balance for as a Kinetic. Slow Time and Harnessed Shadows are too good to not have anymore.

just reading the facts - the hybrid spec definitely pulls out more dmg to single targets whereas the deep combat specc gives you aoe dmg.

i am playing a 31/0/10 spec myself, and i do excursively play a role as survivor and delivering utilities, such as slow time, mind control, mass mind control, etc.

but if you are after single target DPS, then stick to the hybrid spec

just reading the facts - the hybrid spec definitely pulls out more dmg to single targets whereas the deep combat specc gives you aoe dmg.

i am playing a 31/0/10 spec myself, and i do excursively play a role as survivor and delivering utilities, such as slow time, mind control, mass mind control, etc.

but if you are after single target DPS, then stick to the hybrid spec

That's the thing, its doesn't do more damage anymore. Even in single target.

Havent played a hybrid spec yet, that's why i can just guess.

but tweaking the spec a bit, still having force strike and force focus, might give a boost dealing with single target.

25/0/16

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_consular/shadow/#::f19e4fe5fefefe3f2ef2e4f6ef2efe:

hard to imagine that the above spec does less dmg than a classic 31/0/10

you wont get force strike proccs unless you use force technique so force strike is pointless now

(since switching techniques costs 100 energy)

containment is one of the best PVP talents of the jedi consular class, must have when going 15+ balance

back to topic: thanks for your answers, i guess im gona check 31-0-10 but

if i wont notice a huge difference in DPS then im gona stick with FiB and containment for CC

Edited by matyo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.