Annoying assassin issues. please post yours

direblaze

well.. i see what u mean.. and yes 300 k as deception is possible. But it doesn't take away the meaning of hes post. Deception feels realy underpowerd. Try dueling with your buddies/guild.. if ur playing deception.. get used to force slow and low slash as much as possible( as far as it goes for the resolve bar) U are sooo squishy u are hardly a challange ..

I am BM geared and trying to do my best at this class.. but without some nice stuns.. im getting sliced.. like a fresh baked cake! yes u hear me! it's that easy..

As for upcoming patches.. everytime i look at them i feel dissapointed not seeing anything for assasins.. not even a minor thing..

PS: With shockwater nerfed u are even in more problems in Huttball then before.

Edited by Maldy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTB Alacrity reducing the GCD and thus speeding up our attack animations.

WTS every attack being so slow, clunky, and telegraphed.

WTB Tumult being useable in PvP (treating player characters as Strong).

WTB Shields actually working worth a damn.

I am in battlemaster gear as well, i play in deception or darkness (both actually pve specs, i switch depending on what's needed for the raid)

I often do over 300k dmg in deception spec (in voidstar much more than in huttball for obvious reasons).

Not a direct quote, just removed all the uneccessary trolling.

Doing over 300k damage is relative to the time played. What are other dps classes pushing out in those very same matches? Less ? More? Or the Same?

Without stealth (Time it takes to get out of combat, cooldown of Force cloak/Force Shroud) We are at our most vulnerable and under those circumstance it feels as if we are the weakest least survivable than anyother class. Especially in a pvp environment that favours multiple vs multiple combat.

Force cloak does not grant the "virtual undetectability" its tool tip suggests. Thats my biggest issue with assassin issues. Which it seems you have no issue with assassins at all?

Contribute instead of just trolling please.

Couldn't agree more. Sins still just feel like a stealth class for the sake of stealth. We need some sort of opener that gives an advantage to being in stealth, other than being invisible and getting force regen. It needs to be high up the deception tree too, to give the spec SOME sort of reason d'etre...

I'm a big fan of Expose Weakness being active at all times while Stealthed. Then follow that up with adding a line to Deceptive Power that makes the first ability used out of Stealth a 100% Crit. With two minor changes, we have an actual opener that also makes Maul absolutely devastating once MAYBE twice a fight.

I've also seen a lot of people complaining about constantly being out of force and some guy counter with saying other classes get weak as well if they run out of their resource. To fix the first issue, I believe that lowering the effect limit of Saber Conduit to every 3 seconds would nearly erase this issue and give us Force Regen very similar to what Darkness gets with Blood of Sith.

As for other classes being crap when they run out of their resource...you're kidding right? First off, every other single class in the game can, and most likely WILL do more damage before they run out. We use 3-4 skills and we're dry. Those classes also have faster animating Free Cast skills with may or may not lead to more dps while empty.

My biggest personal problem with being a Deception assassin is (as stated) how utterly dependant we are on every single little thing lining up perfectly. Sure, I can lay down some damage IF the following are true:

Dark Embrace is up

Expose Weakness is up, the enemy is not facing me and Exploitive Strikes is up.

Recklessness is Up

I have 2 Stacks of Voltaic Slash and Chain Shock procs

I have 5 stacks of Static Charges

The enemy is below 30% health and Exploitive Strikes is still up.

If all the abilities in the perfect situations (Maul, Shock, Discharge, and Assassinate) crit, I can lay down damage similar to the other dps classes in the same amount of time. Problem is, Mercs and Ops can do the same damage as that long combo in a shorter period of time if everything goes right for them, and they BOTH wear HEAVIER armor.

Exactly what benefit other than flavor do we get for wearing light armor? Subpar dps, skirts (heavy and medium Warriors get orange pants before they get switched to skirts), and very low survivability unless you go Darkness or become a "hope my various dots crit" Madness spec.

The Sith Assassin could be so much...MORE without being OP if Bioware would only take the time to stop and look at the class...minus Darkness cause it is nearly perfect (minus a few ability hiccups) in what it is supposed to do.

Khem Val's retarted Tank AI. Its infuriating to be behind a target only to have him keep moving mobs around cause he has to stop what hes doing, run and stand next to me before he taunts.

I've never noticed this. My Khem must be programmed better. Then again, I lead any given battle with a Maul from Stealth, so I am already in the midst of the enemies. He then proceeds to Consume Essence and all the enemies face him while he wails on his chosen foe. I then run around and Maul stuff to death.

I've never noticed this. My Khem must be programmed better. Then again, I lead any given battle with a Maul from Stealth, so I am already in the midst of the enemies. He then proceeds to Consume Essence and all the enemies face him while he wails on his chosen foe. I then run around and Maul stuff to death.

I should've clarified when fighting elites or a group of strongs. lol Normally I do the same things and everything is ok.

So many pages and not 1 mention of the sound effect of Lightning Charge lingering VERY loudly for 5-15sec after combat? That sound effect is not connected to any proc and is utterly pointless, but is very loud and annoying.

Also, the longass time we are "in combat" even after not PVPing with anyone for 10+ seconds. Combat breaks for all classes should only take ~6-8 seconds.

I'm a big fan of Expose Weakness being active at all times while Stealthed.

THIS is the best solution ive read so far. Its actually simple, not game breaking, solves some of the survivability and gives deception some sort of identity to its role.

You Sir are a genius!

My only real gripe is using force cloak and the invis buff but the mob still holding aggro.

It wont attack or even follow you but the F*&^%$(*&% thing is highlighted on the minimap and I cannot heal or summon my companion etc etc. I have to run a silly distance in slow mode before I exit "fighting".

Also my animations getting stuck at the most inoppertune moments.