Carnage Spec

Zerousteve

I am currently a level 44 Sith Marauder. And I have been lurking these forums for a while and don't understand all the hate I hear for the Marauder. They are not "broken". I have been using Carnage spec since I first hit 10 and I have not been unhappy with it since. Although, I have yet to spec anything else, so I have nothing to compare it to, but Carnage is a great spec for PVE to say the least. As a level 44 I regularly crit 1600-1900k+ force screams.

This is my current spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000zZhGbrddMorsZh.1

And this is what I use as my rotation during combat.

Battering Assault > Gore > Massacre > Force Scream > Rupture(If any extra rage is left) > Ravage and then repeat. I also through in some extra force chokes and Assaults through my second rotation since ravage is on cool down.

This spec works great for me, and I have awesome survivability while questing and using Quinn. PvP isn't bad with this spec. I always come out with more kills than deaths and at least 5 medals. Marauders are not broken, and I'm not claiming this is the best spec, but when this spec is used correctly it is awesome.

I just looked at your guide. Does that rotation give you enough time to get all the buffs you need for force scream. I made mine that so I have the 6 seconds of gore and hopefully proc blood frenzy and execute to make my force scream do big damage.

I just looked at your guide. Does that rotation give you enough time to get all the buffs you need for force scream. I made mine that so I have the 6 seconds of gore and hopefully proc blood frenzy and execute to make my force scream do big damage.

Massacre's damage is insignificant next to the power of Scream/Ravage.

Massacre -> Gore -> Ravage -> Scream is superior to anything else from my experience. If Blood Frenzy runs off during the rotation at all you have 4 hits (Gore + 3 Ravage) buffed with Massacre to get another Ataru proc.

Not once have I not had Blood Frenzy up for Scream.

I am currently a level 44 Sith Marauder. And I have been lurking these forums for a while and don't understand all the hate I hear for the Marauder. They are not "broken". I have been using Carnage spec since I first hit 10 and I have not been unhappy with it since. Although, I have yet to spec anything else, so I have nothing to compare it to, but Carnage is a great spec for PVE to say the least. As a level 44 I regularly crit 1600-1900k+ force screams.

This is my current spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000zZhGbrddMorsZh.1

And this is what I use as my rotation during combat.

Battering Assault > Gore > Massacre > Force Scream > Rupture(If any extra rage is left) > Ravage and then repeat. I also through in some extra force chokes and Assaults through my second rotation since ravage is on cool down.

This spec works great for me, and I have awesome survivability while questing and using Quinn. PvP isn't bad with this spec. I always come out with more kills than deaths and at least 5 medals. Marauders are not broken, and I'm not claiming this is the best spec, but when this spec is used correctly it is awesome.

Dont use Rupture....ever.

Would take Enraged Slash too, instead of extra crit, cuz your main burst dmg comes from force scream and it normally got 100% crit, so its better to spam massacre instead of 6% more crit.

aaaand Carnage is fine, just choose what you like. Played carnage from 10-till now.

I only use it if I have extra rage leftover. And that's it. But thanks for the recommendations I'll take them into consideration. And I am definitely putting 3 points into enraged slash. It's just how I have my points now. I will probably end up like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhGbrddMorsZG.1

Edited by Zerousteve

I only use tt if I have extra rage leftover. And that's it. But thanks for the recommendations I'll take them into consideration.

Never use it. If you arent specced into it, dont use it. Use massacre instead, It does more damage and gives you the potential to do more damage with its buff. It costs the same rage.

Massacre > Rupture

Agreed. Rupture is a complete waste on carnage. However, using abilities you are not necessarily spec'd for isn't always a bad idea.

For instance, now that I'm annihilation I sometimes find that if I'm killing someone and they are at low health, and the majority of my primary abilties are on cooldown, I can use force scream to throw in another ~1k damage. Sometimes smash works nice too if you're surrounded because that will throw out a bunch of damage too.

But for the most part it does hold true... don't use abilities that don't get benefits from your spec.

How does this look for a spec at 50? http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZhGrrddrorsZR.1

Looks good.

But ERUPTING FURY...man, why do you want that so bad. It's crap. Can have a decent use for levelling (not really) but at 50 and especially PVP it's like throwing away those 2 points.

Lets wait what others maras thinks about the 3% accuracy in pvp...Im quite ignorant about accuracy use in pvp, I have to say.

Edited by atreyuz

Looks good.

But ERUPTING FURY...man, why do you want that so bad. It's crap. Can have a decent use for levelling (not really) but at 50 and even PVP it's like throwing away those 2 points.

Lets wait what others maras have to say about the 3% accuracy in pvp...

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhRrbddrRrsZh.1

Try that instead.

Erupting fury is pointless.

Ravager talent isnt worth it atm as Ravage can bug out too often.

Malice effect ataru strikes, and we have a talent that increases the critical damage ataru strikes do.

Accuracy, i beleive we need no more than 98% melee, 108 special(force) so anyone with centurian or champion gear already has too much even with that spec.

Quick Recovey is for Fury generation. Use sweeping strikes after combat has ended to build up your fury by spending that rage that will be degrading anyway.

Massacre's damage is insignificant next to the power of Scream/Ravage.

Massacre -> Gore -> Ravage -> Scream is superior to anything else from my experience. If Blood Frenzy runs off during the rotation at all you have 4 hits (Gore + 3 Ravage) buffed with Massacre to get another Ataru proc.

Not once have I not had Blood Frenzy up for Scream.

Well, Force Scream is superior becaue it crits for sure. But Ravage? If I get a lucky Massacre (MH crit, OH crit, 2 Atatu crits) in a Gore, it nets to over 5,2k (per second if Berserk).

Well, Force Scream is superior becaue it crits for sure. But Ravage? If I get a lucky Massacre (MH crit, OH crit, 2 Atatu crits) in a Gore, it nets to over 5,2k (per second if Berserk).

You said, it, if you get lucky. Gore + Ravage is def going to be 5k, not much luck involved with that....unless your setup for Ravage wasnt ideal.

Ravager talent isnt worth it atm as Ravage can bug out too often.

I have played as carnage a lot these days, I can count on 1 hand(well maybe a little more then that) the amount of times it bugged.

Edited by atreyuz

You said, it, if you get lucky. Gore + Ravage is def going to be 5k, not much luck involved with that....unless your setup for Ravage wasnt ideal.

Gore + 2 Massacre are also at least 5k. Ravage has to crit too and needs 2 GCDs. The main reason I use it is because it has no rage. If I could, I would only spam Force Scream and Massacre.

Gore + 2 Massacre are also at least 5k. Ravage has to crit too and needs 2 GCDs. The main reason I use it is because it has no rage. If I could, I would only spam Force Scream and Massacre.

3 Rage vs 7 rage is a big difference for the same amount of damage and time. Also with relics and power adrenals it hits really really hard.

3 Rage vs 7 rage is a big difference for the same amount of damage and time. Also with relics and power adrenals it hits really really hard.

Well Massacre too :p

But yes, the rage thing is the most important part. Without ravage, you would neet to use Assault more often...

I usually start a raid boss with Bloodthirst and Ravage+power relic. But later on, Berserk+Bloodthirst+cirt/surge relic... :D