Insta-knockback skill?

jcyrus

Hey Troopers!

I'm hoping one of you can tell me the name of your auto-knockback ability, or is it a talent ability?

The ability in question is an automatic knockback that occurs (I assume) when either a shield drops, or you're rooted, or something like that.

I know you get an activatable knockback, but that's not the one I'm talking about. My current character is a Marauder, and quite a few times I've Force Charged onto a Trooper only to be immediately knocked back before the charge animation even lands near them.

My hope is someone can/will identify this ability for me, so I can keep an eye out for it in the future. If I see it on a player, I can sneak up and attack instead of Force Charging, so I don't waste that Charge :)

Thanks!

Its called concussion charge, or something like that. I forget. Its the only thing we have going for us in PvP, I'm afraid, as you *********** are constantly rooting us in spot and killing us poor troopers, haha.

Not sure what to make of this.... Vanguard utility in PVP iS ALMOST unmatched (powertech) i know.

*shrug* try and re-map your keyboard?

Concussion charge isn't automatic though, it is activated.
Yeah, the one I'm talking about is definitely automatic. It's virtually insta-cast, goes off far too quickly after I Force Charge. I bounce back mid-leap, don't even have time to land.

I know Sorcerers get a stun on bubble pop, perhaps Troopers get something similar?

Yeah, the one I'm talking about is definitely automatic. It's virtually insta-cast, goes off far too quickly after I Force Charge. I bounce back mid-leap, don't even have time to land.

I know Sorcerers get a stun on bubble pop, perhaps Troopers get something similar?

There is no such automatic Commando ability. We have 2 knockbacks. Concusion charge and Stockstrike has a knockback that you have to spec for. Neither of which is automatic. Don't know about Vanguards though, but I seriously doubt they have anthing either, as they want you up close. I don't know what you are could be referring too, but I wish I did, would love to see some melee classes get off my back when mine knockbacks are on cooldown.

Vanguards have no knockbacks. Commandos get two knockbacks, one of which is via skills. Neither are automatic, you've just charged commandos with quick fingers.

There is no automatic instant knockback.

Marauders have a serious disadvantage if they force charge to open a fight against a gunnery commando. First thing I do is use concussion charge to get range, after that it's alternating between pure damage attacks, the slow from FA, the little kb from stockstrike. With no force charge ready their DPS is almost nothing for half the fight if they insist on running back at me.

Your def talking about concussion charge. I do it to force leapers all the time. As soon as I get rooted I know a leaper has... lept, right as they are about to land i use it and they are flung right back and I unload hell on them.

I also do it to Juggs however and more often than not they never get knocked back because of the skill they can get that makes them immune, the bastards.

Your def talking about concussion charge. I do it to force leapers all the time. As soon as I get rooted I know a leaper has... lept, right as they are about to land i use it and they are flung right back and I unload hell on them.

I also do it to Juggs however and more often than not they never get knocked back because of the skill they can get that makes them immune, the bastards.

It is still not automatic, you are just really good at timing it.

Aha! So it is insta-cast on root, just not automatically ;)

Thanks all (except for the trolliing accusation) for identifying the ability. As a Marauder, let me tell you this is a great tactic for dealing with us. It can make us have to use our stealth (stealth+%30speed boost) right off the bat to avoid being kited, which limits our ability to escape if things go bad.

Any Commandos with Marauder trouble should steal Vaspyre's tactic!