What Planets Do You Want to See in Expansions?

TheCoug

Kashyyk

Manaan

Bespin

Felucia

Mustafar

Dathomir

Lok

Dantoone

A non-Dagobah swamp planet would also be nice. Really dark and claustrophobic please.

And I have to disagree with those wanting to avoid movie planets. I mean, I get their point, and it's a fair one. But if realism had anything to do with anything our toons would be using clubs and spears and be stuck on one planet for the whole game. 3000 years in the past and technology is essentially unchanged...hardly realistic. But it's there because people want to play Star Wars and I think the iconic planets very much add to the SW flavor.

Edited by Jmannseelo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol as if IGN were reading our post:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218261p1.html

^ Yup, that's pretty much what led me here.

Still, interesting ideas.... my favorites so far:

Kashyyk

Onderon

Geonosis

Ryloth

Felucia

Dantooine

No Endor or Yavin IV moons please... they don't fit the timeline (Endor hasn't been discovered yet, Yavin IV could have a storyline but it is supposed to be forgotten I think... though fighting Massassi through old Sith ruins would be cool I admit.)

Edited by fortunetek

If Kashyyk wasn't in an expansion I'd be highly surprised.

However what I want to see is Dathomir. That was my favorite in SWG and even before that the lore behind it, I think is amazing.

However I think what they NEED to do is add more 'spaceports' to some planets. Korriban i think, for example should have a zone detached from the starting area thats for higher level players. The story, I can't tell you. I do think this would be great for many many planets and would add more depth to them.

I would like to see a social point on Nar Shaddaa as well, that has no real quests. Mostly for when they add more minigames besides space, like sabaac or swoop racing (or podracing, whatever) Places like that cantina way back in KOTOR where you could bet on gladiators, etc etc... I think this would be amazingly fun :)

However I think what they NEED to do is add more 'spaceports' to some planets. Korriban i think, for example should have a zone detached from the starting area thats for higher level players. The story, I can't tell you. I do think this would be great for many many planets and would add more depth to them.

Agreed 100%.

A couple of my guildies and I were talking about what planets we'd like to see in any upcoming expansions. At the moment there are already a lot of planets unfamiliar to the casual Star Wars fan, so we were hoping they'd add some more familiar ones. Particularly ones with the potential for a great story line.

Kashyyk Maybe. I would like to see it done better then it was in SWG.

Naboo Yea but again it was so big and well done in SWG.

Endor Pretty much kashyyk but with ewoks. I am down for force choaking ewoks.

Dantooine Yes this should be ingame now and the one below this these were huge hubs of force activeity for this time fram they should be ingame.

Yavin IV see above

Mustafar Meh I dont know

Geonosis No but only because it will like be so close to a cross between korraban and hutta.

Bespin As much as I like corrasaint and NAr Shadda I dont liek the idea of little islands in huge cities that let you explore very little of the map.

Kashyyyk

Ryloth

Yavin IV

Sebaddon (as opposed to Mustafar. From the Fatal Allance lead-in book)

Utupau (not sure how it fits, but seeing as SWTOR has a penchant for elevations)

Nathema (not sure. It's supposed to be a dead world)

And make the existing worlds bigger.

Please, please, not this.

Capital worlds, yeah maybe. But Tatooine? Alderaan? These planets are a pain to get through as it is, nevermind doing it for the 5th or 6th time.

There is no reason they can't put in various shortcuts to the different parts. Someone else already mentioned using other space ports. It's hard to think of these worlds as "worlds" and not some little theme park, my peeve against mono-climatic worlds aside.

And speaking of Tatooine, what's the state of Fort Tusken in this time period?

Edited by Cwyn

If Kashyyk wasn't in an expansion I'd be highly surprised.

However what I want to see is Dathomir. That was my favorite in SWG and even before that the lore behind it, I think is amazing.

I would like to see a social point on Nar Shaddaa as well, that has no real quests. Mostly for when they add more minigames besides space, like sabaac or swoop racing (or podracing, whatever) Places like that cantina way back in KOTOR where you could bet on gladiators, etc etc... I think this would be amazingly fun :)

Yeah what is the deal with all the airlocks? Its so freakin' annoying to fly to a planet then have to go through three different zones to get to the planet surface. Just give us spaceports.

I totally agree with the Nar Shaddaa suggestion. How cool would it be to play pazaak or swoop race with other players for credits? Or watch other players duel in gladiator style combat. I'd be surprised if BioWare didn't implement some of these KOTOR elements in future expansions.

Also, not a lot of people have suggested it but I still stick by wanting to have Utapau as a planet. Very cool terrain / city design and interesting inhabitants.

Mirial might be interesting. I'd like to see where my two Jedi are from. And it's from Mirial that the Mandalorian Blockade of the Hydian Way was broken. Potential plot fallout from that too be sure.

Also a very good idea, since it is only TOR race where is nearly no material about it.

Kamino, Dantooine, Endor and last but not least Malachor V :cool:

Um Malachor V was blown up....

I would like to see how Canderous Ordo ( Mandalore the Preserver)`s Madalorian colony on Dxun turned out, and maybe to travel to the Mandalorian homeworld afterwords to see how they`re holding up.

Kashyyyk

Ryloth

Yavin IV

Sebaddon (as opposed to Mustafar. From the Fatal Allance lead-in book)

Utupau (not sure how it fits, but seeing as SWTOR has a penchant for elevations)

Nathema (not sure. It's supposed to be a dead world)

And make the existing worlds bigger.

About Sebbadon

I think Sebbadon was exploded when the Hexs burrowed their way into its core... or I might be completely wrong :p

There is no reason they can't put in various shortcuts to the different parts. Someone else already mentioned using other space ports. It's hard to think of these worlds as "worlds" and not some little theme park, my peeve against mono-climatic worlds aside.

And speaking of Tatooine, what's the state of Fort Tusken in this time period?

It should be built in aprox 3,000 years. [100 BBY]

About Sebbadon

I think Sebbadon was exploded when the Hexs burrowed their way into its core... or I might be completely wrong :p

No, Eldon Ax ordered the Hexes to destroy the habitat and then burrow down the geothermal vents in order to destroy themselves. Whatever the magma didn't destroy (of the Hexes), the planetary core would.

In any event, I suppose there's nothing left to see there anyway. That is unless the writers/developers take license to leave some kind of ruins in that hostile climate.

Dantooine

Yavin IV (Seeing as we're only a few hundred years removed from it, tying this into the history of the Exar Kun War would be a no-brainer, and potentially interesting)

Telos (It'd be interesting to see how the Restoration Project's work has gone and what's happened since then)

Dathomir

Chad (My Sentinel's homeworld. It's a watery planet, mostly featured in a couple of New Republic era novels, but has been colonized by space-faring types at least as far back as the Mandalorian Wars)

Ralltiir

Dantooine

Yavin IV (Seeing as we're only a few hundred years removed from it, tying this into the history of the Exar Kun War would be a no-brainer, and potentially interesting)

Telos (It'd be interesting to see how the Restoration Project's work has gone and what's happened since then)

Dathomir

Chad (My Sentinel's homeworld. It's a watery planet, mostly featured in a couple of New Republic era novels, but has been colonized by space-faring types at least as far back as the Mandalorian Wars)

Ralltiir

Totally forgot about Telos. I'd love to see that as an expansion planet! For some reason I was confusing Taris and Telos

-___-

Edited by TheCoug

chiss homeworld. seriously, such an important part of tor and star wars lore in general to a lesser extent, and i know jack about it.

as for kashyyk, i think itd make a better, and potentially really great fp (idea of a crazy wookie boss with bowcaster has already got me excited) than planet. the whole city in the trees thing could make for some great linear movement, but open world thing could be tricky and annoying.

Edited by LilTsar

the planets i would say are

Yavin 4 as a world that end with a raid ( for those who have seen the Timeline trailers knows who is stil there)

Kashyyyk. basicly more of a neutral planet with a lot of involvement of the slave traders

Mandalore. Realy who doesn't want the mandalorian home world?

Geonosis. We have seen them outside which is rare, so its time 2 bring the fight too them.

planets i think we never see

kamino. As a big water planet and later rediscoverd before the clone wars. I don't think we realy go there

Naboo. its just a small colony now