Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

It's not even healthy anymore

Deathrupter

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how is using stuns cheating? if a player charges a group of me and 3 other guys, yeah, we'll stunlock him and roflstomp him to the ground, if anything, it'd be cheating if the one guy killed all four of us.

If they charge a group of 4 guys then they should expect the whooping of a life-time.

But the current CC mess makes taking on even 2 guys a mess.

I'm a BH PowerTech and we put out some of the best damage in the game. If I go against 2 guys, even if I'm hitting high 3.5-4K, I'm only expecting to take one out and maybe do a bit of damage to the other. I'll get CC'd once, one that doesn't break on damage so I'll escape, medpac, shield up. Then I'll get CC'd again, another which doesn't break on damage because my resolve bar isn't filled...

2 stealth classes working in conjunction = insta-death. One takes you down for the 1.5 seconds which doesn't count as a CC so can't be broken and doesn't fill your resolve bar, then the other does it. 3s free. Then one will CC you ... resolve bar still isn't full, then another CC.

Makes me LOL when the stealth guys want their 7K crit back :)

I used to destroy people in Counterstrike. Tried my hand at Modern Warfare and was called noob and I got destroy so I stopped playing.

Same genre, different game mechanics, different set of rules. Adapt, or die.

I have seen enougth of your nonsense posts,go back to Counterstrike and welcome to ignore.

You are spending alot of effort on this,im on Ajunta Pall my server is Very Heavy alot and trust me ive done far too many Wz's and you are basicly telling me what i see is an illusion or that im lying or the i need to "L2P" or that im just bad.

Fact of the matter is,is that Resolve is not working right and stuns have become far too prevelant and chiefly among one faction that rolled the Darth Maul toon.

Now we can debate this til the cows come home and i myself can start saving screenshots that debunk you,but that would not have any point would it?

No sane person that has played in over 100 Wz's cannot tell me otherwise,its just a fact,and it has nothing to do with "L2P" or being bad.

Look at your class,do you think your class is even remotely hard?

I was and still am a 90 level illusionist in EQ2 for seven years, been in top raiding guilds,held the number one damage spot World wide for my class for three months til i gave up raiding recently,yah and i come to this game that is far and away easier on the curve and WoW for that matter than EQ2 and you tell me im bad?

Puhhlllzzz.

Resolve works 100% perfectly and is not broken.

Excuse my caps but I'm hoping it might reach your brain this way

THE CLASSES ARE MIRRIORED MEANING THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME IN EVERYWAY THERE IS NO DIFFERANCE BETWEEN SORC/INQ - KNIGHT/WARRIOR - TROOPER/BH - SMUG/OPERATIVE

FOR EXAMPLE AT LEVEL 14 I GET ELECTRO DART AS BH IT ELECTRICTUES SOMEONE FOR 4 SECONDS AT LEVEL 14 A TROOPER GETS A FREEZE GRENADE IT FREEZES SOMEONE FOR 4 SECONDS. NO CLASS IS DIFFERANT FROM ITS MIRRIOR IN ANY WAY SO INQUISITER OR THE "DARTH MAUL" CLASS HAS NO DIFFERANCE FROM THE REPUBLIC CONSULAR CLASS

^not gonna bother spell checking that stuffz rite thar

I'm telling you on your server the republic may be bad and out numbered but on my server they are not so when you say that my proof is wrong because on your server the republic is bad remember that my server is not bad like yours is.

My class is not hard *IF* you play arsenal. I play bodyguard healer which can be on the more difficult side. Especially when doing as well as I do at it. However in a game like this NO class is hard and I could play them all just as well blind folded.

I care not about your EQ2 stuff at all. If you were good you would know these basic things like class mirrors or how resolve works. But you don't. So you're not.

Take the time to learn CC and the resolve system and you will be less affected by cc. for example some CC pushes your resolve to full making you immune. trinket it right away and nothing can stop you. only slow you down. Learning the game and you will see this is one of the first games out there that built their system with CC balance from the start. it actually is a great system

Disagree.

You don't sound like a L50 player. When you're in the 50 bracket and everyone has their CCs it's a mess. Not always but usually.

Find the only people who think it's a good system are Sorcs/Sages and Ops who get CCs thrown at them from L6 (especially the former).

If they charge a group of 4 guys then they should expect the whooping of a life-time.

I'm a BH PowerTech and we put out some of the best damage in the game. If I go against 2 guys, even if I'm hitting high 3.5-4K, I'm only expecting to take one out and maybe do a bit of damage to the other. I'll get CC'd once, one that doesn't break on damage so I'll escape, medpac, shield up. Then I'll get CC'd again, another which doesn't break on damage because my resolve bar isn't filled...

2 stealth classes working in conjunction = insta-death. One takes you down for the 1.5 seconds which doesn't count as a CC so can't be broken and doesn't fill your resolve bar, then the other does it. 3s free. Then one will CC you ... resolve bar still isn't full, then another CC.

Makes me LOL when the stealth guys want their 7K crit back :)

so you're complaining you can't beat two people by yourself? I don't understand why you feel like you should. not only that, but two people communicating with each other? the only way that should be possible is if you're 10 levels higher and have the best pvp gear

In Starcraft, if you're 1v2, you're done. Just quit.

In Counterstrike, if you're 1v2 (and players are of equal skill), you're usually dead.

In Modern Warfare, same as Counterstrike (assuming equal skill).

In BF3, same as Counterstrike.

There is no decent PvP game out there, where one player can easily defeat two equally skilled players. None. And there shouldn't be.

Disagree.

You don't sound like a L50 player. When you're in the 50 bracket and everyone has their CCs it's a mess. Not always but usually.

Find the only people who think it's a good system are Sorcs/Sages and Ops who get CCs thrown at them from L6 (especially the former).

It's actually true. Learn how resolve works.

*Edit* I don't even use stuns and I think it's a great system.

Edited by TeH-DeVa

Resolve works 100% perfectly and is not broken.

Excuse my caps but I'm hoping it might reach your brain this way

THE CLASSES ARE MIRRIORED MEANING THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME IN EVERYWAY THERE IS NO DIFFERANCE BETWEEN SORC/INQ - KNIGHT/WARRIOR - TROOPER/BH - SMUG/OPERATIVE

FOR EXAMPLE AT LEVEL 14 I GET ELECTRO DART AS BH IT ELECTRICTUES SOMEONE FOR 4 SECONDS AT LEVEL 14 A TROOPER GETS A FREEZE GRENADE IT FREEZES SOMEONE FOR 4 SECONDS. NO CLASS IS DIFFERANT FROM ITS MIRRIOR IN ANY WAY SO INQUISITER OR THE "DARTH MAUL" CLASS HAS NO DIFFERANCE FROM THE REPUBLIC CONSULAR CLASS

^not gonna bother spell checking that stuffz rite thar

I'm telling you on your server the republic may be bad and out numbered but on my server they are not so when you say that my proof is wrong because on your server the republic is bad remember that my server is not bad like yours is.

My class is not hard *IF* you play arsenal. I play bodyguard healer which can be on the more difficult side. Especially when doing as well as I do at it. However in a game like this NO class is hard and I could play them all just as well blind folded.

I care not about your EQ2 stuff at all. If you were good you would know these basic things like class mirrors or how resolve works. But you don't. So you're not.

But from that logic, until L24 the PvP system promotes class imbalances, anyways. The Knights and Warriors get their first CC at L24 I believe.

Sorcs/ Sages have 2 by L12 and their first is at L6 (Force Lift and Whirlwind).

I just don't understand how people think that giving DPS classes so many CCs is in any way tactical? Or how a resolve bar 'works' when you can be stun-locked twice with CCs that don't break on damage. 8s is a HUGE amount of time in PvP.

But from that logic, until L24 the PvP system promotes class imbalances, anyways. The Knights and Warriors get their first CC at L24 I believe.

Sorcs/ Sages have 2 by L12 and their first is at L6 (Force Lift and Whirlwind).

I just don't understand how people think that giving DPS classes so many CCs is in any way tactical? Or how a resolve bar 'works' when you can be stun-locked twice with CCs that don't break on damage. 8s is a HUGE amount of time in PvP.

Well I don't think anyone is honestly planning the endgame PvP around warriors at level 24 lol so yea I would say that pvp is never balanced when you are going in before 50 because you are going in gimped with less gear armor etc then the rest. It's better than WoW though where people froze their levels used relic gear and then began to one hit everyone who didn't have ti everyday all day preventing anyone from getting good exp.

4 seconds actually. You use your CC break during the 2nd stun to make it go away instantly and then when your resolve bar is full (which it will be after the 2nd stun) you have about 10-12 seconds where you can't be stunned anymore at all.

Crowd control in general has become out of control in MMOs. The original RPG, D&D which was the template for todays MMOs had some crowd control, such the slow, haste and web spells etc but it had an very important difference . The characters had a saving throw against the spells or stuns and very often gear could be found which you made immune to some if not all of the cc. In my opinion, MMOs would be better off without any cc at all especially in PvP. It would make the game more fluid and more tactical.

Those of you which have done any martial arts knows once you are stunned the fight is effectively over, so this idea that you get stunned for 6 seconds while a guy is slicing you to bits with light sabre, but live through it, is a complete nonsense. Stun = death, hence stuns simply should be removed altogether.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.