Cooldowns

nodq

Just adding my own complaints to the many that have already been laid out. It's hard to imagine how this "fix" managed to make its way into implementation. If I'm in a situation that requires any sort of strict timing, I'm now working based on the clock in my head and nothing else. The toolbar cooldown indicator is plainly useless after this latest patch. I would ask for an improvement, but after seeing how it was "improved" this time, I wish it would just be rolled back to the way it was before (and it was just fine the way it was, by the way).

I am basically new to MMO's having barely played a couple in the 90's (UO/EQ). So, because of my love of KOTOR 1/2 I took the plunge. I do enjoy the game but unlike these "elite" players I like to (need to) look at my UI and plan what to use. But, with this new patch the dev team covered the UI up and made it flash when ready and like so many others have said this is very distracting, not needed and a step in the wrong direction. My vote is simply (or not so simply) to implement a setting option in the preferences. Maybe have a slider bar for transparancy with a choice of colors for the cooldown shader and maybe a button for those that like sparkley flashes. I hate to hold money over the devs but that is whats at stake. I would like to keep playing TOR but there are just too many games out there and believe me I would forget all about TOR.

I have to add, that some of my spells are flickering like crazy, some kind of graphics bug, if they are on cooldown and are pressed, then the button starts flickering like crazy and doesnt stop until its off of cooldown.

seriously.... thats a shame. I don't get why they do not test their **** before putting it on live servers. so unprofessional.

Edited by nodq

Anyone who is saying they're cancelling their acct or, this truly affects their gameplay negatively... Just leave. I'm so sick of illegitimate gripes from people who have no skill and blame it on devs because they can't remeber games of banging -head-on-wall-yesteryear. Cooldown graphics... Really? Grow up

Anyone who is saying they're cancelling their acct or, this truly affects their gameplay negatively... Just leave. I'm so sick of illegitimate gripes from people who have no skill and blame it on devs because they can't remeber games of banging -head-on-wall-yesteryear. Cooldown graphics... Really? Grow up

You're so right. I mean here I am acting like a little kid when when I have to stare at my bar trying to figure out which ability is ready because everything is greyed out. I feel that when I spam my abilities so I can use them it so improves the quality of my game play experience. :cool:

said the BH 1 button player? Troll somewhere else moron. it has nothing to do with "skill" especially not in a MMO, you think its skill to press 1 button every 1,5 seconds? :) ohhh baby boy. you've to learn what a real "skill" based game is actually.

it is annoying, nothing else and not much fun (read! not skill... FUN, moron!) its your choice if you like to play with ALT+Y/Z ui disabled, i don't like it. and if its enabled, it annoys the crap out of me... so what mr. troll?!

btw. get a hobby, or tell your parents to teach you something better than trolling other people in the internet.

You telling others to grow up? best joke ive seen today. :)

so... you already screwed yourself. if you are a kid, and tell others to grow up. yeah....

if you are not a kid, and write something stupid like this post, yeah....

Edited by nodq