New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us an option to turn this "feature" off at least. I stopped playing on my Juggernaught after about 15 minutes of frustration. I can't tell what is comming off cd and what isn't. Then there is that annoying very bright flash of light going every 2 seconds. Please fix this so I can enjoy playing again.

Give us an option to turn this "feature" off at least. I stopped playing on my Juggernaught after about 15 minutes of frustration. I can't tell what is comming off cd and what isn't. Then there is that annoying very bright flash of light going every 2 seconds. Please fix this so I can enjoy playing again.

After clearing EV and KP, then doing my WZ weekly last night - i can safely say ive gotten used to it. I was having massive issues at first, and like most came here to explode in frustration.

I still think they need to give people the option to turn it off, or remove the white borders as an example. But i think ill stick with the current setup .... im liking it.

After clearing EV and KP, then doing my WZ weekly last night - i can safely say ive gotten used to it. I was having massive issues at first, and like most came here to explode in frustration.

I still think they need to give people the option to turn it off, or remove the white borders as an example. But i think ill stick with the current setup .... im liking it.

It's changing. The question is how. Some of us don't have the option of getting used to it, it makes us ill.

So you can sit and stare at spell effects going off on your screens all day long but a little light on your hot bars causes epileptic seizures?

Do some of you even read what you write before you hit Submit Reply?

Yeh, im calling BS on half of them .... some might have a problem, but i dont think its as widespread as some are claiming.

I have to pitch in and agree: this new display is making it extremely hard to see what is actually comming off CD and what is not.

That being said, if you are getting a headache/nausea because of it... dude, toughen up ffs!

Toughen up?

Because I am TOTALLY going to subject myself to an activity that causes legitimate migraines and nausea.

Yup. Sounds like a whole bag of fun, that....

(Seriously Stonedsoul, why tell me and all the other people who have the migraines/motion sickness to toughen up? Can't you see where that would be pretty rude?) Please. Be a bit nicer. As an IRL Medic, I wouldn't ever tell anyone experiencing ANY level of discomfort to "Toughen up"...

So you can sit and stare at spell effects going off on your screens all day long but a little light on your hot bars causes epileptic seizures?

I'm not having any physical problems with the new ability bar effects but I can easily see this being the case.

I don't know of any spells that have such a strong strobe effect to them.

Do one of two things:

1. Keep ability greyed out until it's on CD & add a flash when it does come off CD.

2. Add a timer on the button similar to what is on the tooltip when you mouse over the used ability.

Either/or will put the issue to rest.

Why is this even an issue at this juncture? The everyday mod maker can do this and make it available for mass download in "other" games.

Yes, I DO read what I write, sir.

In rebuttal, do you not read into the core issue and why it is happening before you post?

First, it isn't about epileptic seizures with the vast vast majority of us.

The problem is with how the UI flashes in the right, left, and bottom peripheral fields of vision, which causes a motion-sickness effect in a few people on the forums.

That is what is going on in a nutshell, anyways. There is more detailed information a few pages back.

Please don't jump to conclusions, even though it does sound odd at first and I understand why you would. Fair? :)

Edited by StrikeOfLight

So far no update if there is going to be a change for UI in tommorow patch.If there is none , it just show how BW is dealing with paying custimers.

PVP issue is huge bug as well don´t get me wrong I am bloody happy they are solving that but it´s not as much gamebreaking issue as this one.And there are far more threads about UI as well. ( sry If I missed some big thread so feel free to correct me ).

Toughen up?

Because I am TOTALLY going to subject myself to an activity that causes legitimate migraines and nausea.

Yup. Sounds like a whole bag of fun, that....

(Seriously Stonedsoul, why tell me and all the other people who have the migraines/motion sickness to toughen up? Can't you see where that would be pretty rude?) Please. Be a bit nicer. As an IRL Medic, I wouldn't ever tell anyone experiencing ANY level of discomfort to "Toughen up"...

84-04 naval corpsman here... in the same boat and the only time I would tell someone to rub dirt in it and carry on would be in a firefight.

Now I have found out what is causing this issue in myself I eliminated it... no motion sickness no migraine today the only difference is I did not play today.

yeah its probably the worst handling of a game breaking issue in mmo history. i knew EA would be horrible customer support but i did not think in a million years they would see people getting ill off a product and shrug it off as ********.

yeah its probably the worst handling of a game breaking issue in mmo history. i knew EA would be horrible customer support but i did not think in a million years they would see people getting ill off a product and shrug it off as ********.

until there is a class action lawsuit, it IS ********

not that i don't *********** hate playing the game right now.

Edited by Bazouk

Such whining. The GCD effect is awesome. It helps my periphery vision i im now able to hit all my abiltys on CD. I play both PVE and PVP as a jedi knight and this effect has not affected my playstyle in a negative way.

Though i do not click on a single abilty, have all binded.

I can understand that clickers and ppl who havent learned their class has a problem with this.

Such whining. The GCD effect is awesome. It helps my periphery vision i im now able to hit all my abiltys on CD. I play both PVE and PVP as a jedi knight and this effect has not affected my playstyle in a negative way.

I can understand that clickers and ppl who havent learned their class has a problem with this.

So how do you recognize and queue proc affects while the GCD animation is up. Which is nearly 100% of the time. I imagine you just button mash or don't discriminate/prioritize your abilities.

And to be clear I have all my abilities binded as well.

Edited by Thesseract

I would like to thank Bioware for the new UI graphics. For you see, I have been playing this game almost every day since X-mas and I'm hooked. So, I logged in last night for my daily fix, got patched and just couldn't adapt to the new UI scheme for all the reasons that have been stated on this thread. I hung out at fleet for a while then logged off. But, I will jump back into the fight and give it another try because I like the game. If I can't wrap my head around the changes then I guess I'm free from the crack addiction! Thanks for saving my life Bioware!

Unfortunately I can't call you what I have in my mind. Either you are sarcastic or you simply have no clue.

Check this video and you know where the problem is...or you simply don't want to see it.

Edited by Tanyala