The truth is beggining to dawn about sorcerers

Labradoraki

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my interrupt would actually stop their casting (all heals or all damage spells depending on cast) for a decent time I wouldn't be so mad about it.

Interrupting a casted heal just to have them use the channeled one with shield and still get to full in a couple tick only to turn around and facerape me... is annoying.

No class should need 3-4 people on just one to bring it down. Hell the tank spec tanks die faster 1v1 than these do.

I hate wellgeared Mercs/Commando healers MUCH more than wellgeared Sorc/Sage healers. The latter I can kill with enough disruption (interrupts/knockback/stuns).

This.

I play a Shadow/Assassin and find Sages/Sorcerers (healers or dps) can be tough (sometimes) but not overpowered in the least unless in mass (but what multiple of any class on you is not?).

I notice sages topping my dmg as a gunslinger in wz's. Maybe I'm just bad. As I started getting gear I was pleased to note I was getting (on occasion) upwards of 350k dmg in voidstars but I notice sages regularly topping that and even mercs getting over 500k lol I has heavy armor AND dps.

But maybe I'm just bad, and maybe the 1 other gunslinger who was online last night out of 68 republic players on the fleet is bad too.

I notice sages topping my dmg as a gunslinger in wz's. Maybe I'm just bad. As I started getting gear I was pleased to note I was getting (on occasion) upwards of 350k dmg in voidstars but I notice sages regularly topping that and even mercs getting over 500k lol I has heavy armor AND dps.

But maybe I'm just bad, and maybe the 1 other gunslinger who was online last night out of 68 republic players on the fleet is bad too.

Damage charts in Warzones are easy to pad because of AoE.

AoE and multi target doting anyone?

Edited by Vales

Damage charts in Warzones are easy to pad because of AoE.

+1, but

Its AoE in combination with, static objectives and a cooperative opposing team. That makes those "silly" numbers. If they increased the sizes of the maps or decreased the amount of players, this discussion would end.

If you are not a sage/sorc your base tactic is to avoid anything that stops your DPS/Tanking. Avoid our AoE, and stay upclose and personal and you will beat us down every time....

Dear Juggs/Maur/Sents/Guards,

The funny thing is we socs/sages don't really do anything well besides having quite a few AoE abilities. Most people on this post confuse variety for overpowered.

1. Yeah..... its great to stun a person, then insta-cast force lift (and stun on break), but how much HP have you lost because of that? VERY LITTLE!! Like 500HP...Not 5k, FIVE HUNDRED

2. Yeah... its great that my force wave/force quake/force in balance can make up for my shear lack of DPS ability and get my "TOTAL DAMAGE" on par in a PvP gameboard total, but in a 1v1 scenario DOES 2k crit = 5-7k crit? NOPE!

3. Yeah its great being at the 30m range with my spam TK throw with no CD(and auto-slow)..... Oh yeah I forgot, most classes have some sort of mitigation for that like Obliterate...so much for keeping that Jugg/Maurad at bay...

4. Yeah, its great to have light armor. Need I say more??????

5. Yeah, its great to throw out some Heals to teammates, but 2-3 sec cast and easily interrupted, not very useful unless no enemies are around...

6. Yeah, it's great being the annoying little brother who can make your life tough on the battlefield, but how much actual damage can I really cause? NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE IT WORTHY OF A NERF!!!

Sincerly,

High-Level Sages

AoE and multi target doting anyone?

Yea I ran the sab tree for a while for the aoe and the tab dot thing sounds nice on paper but when you realize one decent charged burst will do the same dmg /shrug. Not to mention when you start tabbing around on people and popping that dot off many of them seem to take offense and target you lol.

Yea I ran the sab tree for a while for the aoe and the tab dot thing sounds nice on paper but when you realize one decent charged burst will do the same dmg /shrug. Not to mention when you start tabbing around on people and popping that dot off many of them seem to take offense and target you lol.

Well then just pop bubble and force speed and outrun them so you can heal yourself.

Oh.. wait...

Well then just pop bubble and force speed and outrun them so you can heal yourself.

Oh.. wait...

J/k got another stun/root/slow on me right after popping Speed.

See I can make such claims too that an ability never works when I need it.

J/k got another stun/root/slow on me right after popping Speed.

See I can make such claims too that an ability never works when I need it.

Cleanse. Well, whatever that skill is called (cant remember the 6 versions) that removes roots/snares that every healing type class gets (and sorcs/sages are that).

Cleanse. Well, whatever that skill is called (cant remember the 6 versions) that removes roots/snares that every healing type class gets (and sorcs/sages are that).

So what do I do as hybrid sage which this thread is about when I get hit by a physical CC? Or how do I cleanse in a stun/mezz?

Yea sure, I've casted Force Sprint, so I'm on GCD (1.5 seconds). I've been rooted, now I need to cleanse (another 1.5 seconds). Oh look, Force Speed is off because it only lasts two seconds, and I've gone a total of maybe 5-10m.

Edited by TetraCleric

So what do I do as hybrid sage which this thread is about when I get hit by a physical CC? Or how do I cleanse in a stun/mezz?

Very well, no more theory-crafting then as we can go back and forth all day with it.

I will say this, perhaps one class should not have such an insane amount of utility.

Damage and healing and snares and cc and speed boost and shields.

Honestly, why not just group 8v8 sorc vs sage (its getting there if you look) and delete the rest of the classes?

When I play my sage I am #1 damage and #1 healing in the warzone on my team (at the same time), as a pure balance (shared tree) sage (with 10 points in other trees).

I will come out and say yes, the healing bonus may have been a bit much but developers do not listen to forums anyway so what the heck.

Very well, no more theory-crafting then as we can go back and forth all day with it.

I will say this, perhaps one class should not have such an insane amount of utility.

Honestly, why not just group 8v8 sorc vs sage (its getting there if you look) and delete the rest of the classes?

When I play my sage I am #1 damage and #1 healing in the warzone on my team (at the same time), as a pure balance (shared tree) sage (with 10 points in other trees).

I will come out and say yes, the healing bonus may have been a bit much but developers do not listen to forums anyway so what the heck.

So then maybe your other healers should do more than 120k healing? My healer regularly does over 300k, and that's pretty damn hard to get even close to as a DPS sorc.

Healing of Hybrids is ****.

Sorry its one 3 second cast which is super easy to interupt and a 1.5 second cast which heals for few amounts and drains our force pool fast.

Damage is good but burst is low most other DPS classes can provide more DPS/burst especially on single target. Our damage shines in AoE circumstances that is all.

CC and utility are fitting for the class with the least passive damage recuction.

Honestly why do you not start to L2P because there are more than enough classes which can destroy a Sorc/Sage 1v1 or in group environment.

By the way how you got 10 points in other trees? Level 60 already?

And you top damage/healing charts? You think other players on other classes cannot do that as well? Does the scoreboard prove a damn? Is it news that damage and healing get inflated due to our AoE nature and shields counted as healing? No? :rolleyes:

Edited by Vales

If my interrupt would actually stop their casting (all heals or all damage spells depending on cast) for a decent time I wouldn't be so mad about it.

Interrupting a casted heal just to have them use the channeled one with shield and still get to full in a couple tick only to turn around and facerape me... is annoying.

No class should need 3-4 people on just one to bring it down. Hell the tank spec tanks die faster 1v1 than these do.

The only Sorcs getting a channeled heal are the one's specced for healing.

If you're getting wrecked by heal specc'ed sorcs....

Need I say more?

So then maybe your other healers should do more than 120k healing? My healer regularly does over 300k, and that's pretty damn hard to get even close to as a DPS sorc.

So do you deny killing players 1v1 no challenge, 2v1 minimal challenge?

I am not a god-mode pvp'er, personally I think I'm awful, however, with instant force lift, stun, snare, force speed, omg aoe damage with bonus to dot damage, 3 dots, bubble, project, spammable pebbles... Lets just say I can 2v1 most.

Open world is even more fun as I can regularly kill emperials 3 levels higher than me as long as I have my healing companion out, doesnt matter who they have as I can force lift and stun their companion.

Just admit it, they may be a tad excessive on being jack of all trades.

Healing of Hybrids is ****.

Sorry its one 3 second cast which is super easy to interupt and a 1.5 second cast which heals for few amounts and drains our force pool fast.

Damage is good but burst is low most other DPS classes can provide more DPS/burst especially on single target. Our damage shines in AoE circumstances that is all.

CC and utility are fitting for the class with the least passive damage recuction.

Honestly why do you not start to L2P because there are more than enough classes which can destroy a Sorc/Sage 1v1 or in group environment.

By the way how you got 10 points in other trees? Level 60 already?

And you top damage/healing charts? You think other players on other classes cannot do that as well? Does the scoreboard prove a damn? Is it news that damage and healing get inflated due to our AoE nature and shields counted as healing? No? :rolleyes:

10 points total, two trees, 5 each.

Stop picking apart silly **** with diversionary tactics.

We as sages/sorcs have more utility, escapability, damage, and healing at one time than ANY other class.

EDIT: Also I may add to your attempt at distraction that yes, spamming that heal will burn too much force, which is why you run off and hit it maybe once. I was talking in regards to healing received from balance aoe and dots.

Stop trying to distract on nit picky stuff and avoiding the legitimate points everyone is making.

Edited by Mudou

I am not a god-mode pvp'er, personally I think I'm awful, however, with instant force lift, stun, snare, force speed, omg aoe damage with bonus to dot damage, 3 dots, bubble, project, spammable pebbles... Lets just say I can 2v1 most.

Open world is even more fun as I can regularly kill emperials 3 levels higher than me as long as I have my healing companion out, doesnt matter who they have as I can force lift and stun their companion.

Oh you're not even at the level cap. Yea, balance doesn't really matter below the level cap.

No they are not and I am pretty sure you exaggerate a lot.

Other classes have more DPS, more burst and more survivability like Marauders/Sents or Powertechs/Vanguards and any decent player of these classes will destroy you if if they are properly geared and specced.

Beating extremly unskilled badly geared players in 2v1 is something anyone can do.

10 points total, two trees, 5 each.

Stop picking apart silly **** with diversionary tactics.

We as sages/sorcs have more utility, escapability, damage, and healing at one time than ANY other class.

Bull.

We have the one of lowest single target burst among the DPS classes, we have decent DPS but Sents/Mara and Gunslinger/Snipers can easily outdo us so can properly DPS specced Juggs/Guards.

Thye utility and CC we have is compensation for us wearing light armor only and being forced to kite 24/7 against any decent opponent who does not run around in greens and blues.

Edited by Vales