Vanguard Dps Viable in ops/hms?

jasonkendle

I'm currently 5/5 nightmare EV and Karraga's and can tell you that vanguard is certainly viable in ops. I actually kill my add faster 100% of the time in the EV council fight, and the utility i provde as an emergency offtank is invaluable. I've tried most specs, including hybrids, pure assault, and tactics, and find that a hybrid assault is currently what works best for me, although other specs are certainly "viable". If you're an amazing player, generally you can make any class competitive.

I'm currently 5/5 nightmare EV and Karraga's and can tell you that vanguard is certainly viable in ops. I actually kill my add faster 100% of the time in the EV council fight, and the utility i provde as an emergency offtank is invaluable. I've tried most specs, including hybrids, pure assault, and tactics, and find that a hybrid assault is currently what works best for me, although other specs are certainly "viable". If you're an amazing player, generally you can make any class competitive.

Agree 100%. My Vanguard is specced 8/8/25 and he kicks *** in operations.

I suspect 31 points in assault is only a good return for pvp. Hard to tell without a combat log, though.

AP is a damage spike ability, true- but for some things, being able to spike is useful.

I'm more in the 25-28 point boat for Assault, myself. Some abilities like Burnout just don't make me jump up and down to get, and I PvE so AP isn't as useful as it might be in PvP.