Not a Troll but...

Kdense

Ok, I am wondering how much knowing the 'background' helps the play for this game. I come here not as a troll but to honestly say that the only Star Wars movie I have ever seen is Star Wars Episode I. So, I feel I have literally no knowledge of the story line and lore behind this game. Does knowing the story line enhance game play significantly? Should I be going out to rent these movies to have a better playing experience?

you don't HAVE to... but ya if you go read some of the book, check out Wookiepedia, watch all the movies you will recognize more things and I'd assume enjoy it more... not to mention the enjoyment fro reading and watching said movies/novels...

some are more relevant than others tho...

KotoR 1 and 2, the Revan, Deceived and Fatal alliance novels for example are pretty much direct background for this game

TOR and the movies are pretty far from each other.

You won't miss out on anything. The only area where some of the plot will seem mysterious to you is because you missed out on KOTOR 1 and 2 which happened before this game in the timeline.

If you played those games you'll have a better understanding on some of the characters involved. If you want to catch up on lore on this site there is the holonet timeline. It talks about important conflicts and situations leading up to what is currently happening within the game.

The movies happen very very very far into the future.

Ok, I am wondering how much knowing the 'background' helps the play for this game. I come here not as a troll but to honestly say that the only Star Wars movie I have ever seen is Star Wars Episode I.

Please drink a bottle of bleach to get that out of your brain. Never look at any of the prequels again.

That done, go watch Episodes 4, 5 and 6. They're truly some of the great films of all time.

Game is fun, if you've never seen any of the movies the story stands on its own. if you've never played any of the KOTOR games, the story not only stands on its own, but gives you the back story without throwing it in your face.

Gameplay is fun, and still being tweaked, but you don't have to see the movies or play the games to enjoy it.

However, knowing the story helps you get the easter eggs as you go

Edited by yoshua

Please drink a bottle of bleach to get that out of your brain. Never look at any of the prequels again.

That done, go watch Episodes 4, 5 and 6. They're truly some of the great films of all time.

Lol i only went to see it because someone begged me to go and i had nothing better to do on a saturday when I was like 13.