Force Cloak: STILL BUGGY.

iAmRinzler

Perhaps others out there share my frustration when using force cloak to GTHO of some(any) situation while afflicted with an active dot. Here is the sequence of the event.

Dot ->

Enemy is gonna pwn me ->

Force cloak ->

GTHO (Away, out of aggro radius...behind an effin rock...w/e. ->

Dot does dmg and breaks cloak...fine. (You are behind a rock far away so nothing aggros.)

THIS is the issue. You are locked in combat with the first mob, even though that mob doesn't re-aggro on you after the dot breaks your cloak. If he's a patrol then he continues on his way like normal.

Force cloak breaks combat with that mob, the dot puts your character back into combat with him, although he won't run at you unless you try to use a medpack or something.

-cannot seeth

-cannot summon companion.

ONLY FIX FOR THIS CURRENTLY -1. Go let the original mob kill you. 2. Wait for another forcecloak CD to break the 'buggy' combat. 3. Or go kill the mob (which means 1 usually if you're low health.

Discuss. Does anyone else share my frustration that this IS STILL NOT FIXED?

Edited by iAmRinzler

Working properly, wait till you get force shroud. Force shroud + force cloak = exit combat perfectly 98% of the time.

It's clearly not working properly. If it drops you out of combat it should do so. If you remain in combat, the mob should still continue its attacks. Currently he goes back to his normal patrol or stationary spot and stops attacking while you're stuck in combat.

It's clearly not working properly. If it drops you out of combat it should do so. If you remain in combat, the mob should still continue its attacks. Currently he goes back to his normal patrol or stationary spot and stops attacking while you're stuck in combat.

When that happens to me they generally come running around the rock and beat my face in.

Force Shroud drops combat. Damage enters combat. So leave combat->enter combat results in being in combat. Problem?

Thats not my experience with it, the mobs usually came to attack me once I was popped back into combat. The only thing that would be "fixed" is that the mobs would always come and attack you. You should be happy they don't come and attack you.

Force cloak does not get rid of dots, so whenever your dotted, you will drop combat, DOT ticks, back into combat and mob should then attack you. Thats why they gave us force shroud, which removes dots.

Edited by DarthNorik

Thats not my experience with it, the mobs usually came to attack me once I was popped back into combat. The only thing that would be "fixed" is that the mobs would always come and attack you. You should be happy they don't come and attack you.

Force cloak does not get rid of dots, so whenever your dotted, you will drop combat, DOT ticks, back into combat and mob should then attack you. Thats why they gave us force shroud, which removes dots.

In every occasion a dot has persisted after cloaking and knocking me out the mobs reset, I'm locked in combat and can't regen health. I have to wait for the CD to finish for cloak to be able to drop combat.

In every occasion a dot has persisted after cloaking and knocking me out the mobs reset, I'm locked in combat and can't regen health. I have to wait for the CD to finish for cloak to be able to drop combat.

Again, thats not what happens to me. And again, the only thing that would change would be the mobs would attack you if they fixed it. Because being put back in combat after a DOT tick is essential for pvp. Which is why they give us force shroud. Force shroud + force cloak = exit combat.

Again, thats not what happens to me. And again, the only thing that would change would be the mobs would attack you if they fixed it. Because being put back in combat after a DOT tick is essential for pvp. Which is why they give us force shroud. Force shroud + force cloak = exit combat.

Which would be preferred. If I'm in combat, the mobs should be attacking me, not just going back to where they're programmed to stand.

Force Shroud will remove all negative debuffs, this is true. I do not have an issue with force shroud. The problem I have is that you are locked in combat with a mob as he continues on his regular patrol path....but whether or not he aggros on you is unpredictable.

I have had the mob run across the field at me from like 100m+ because of this. Also I've had it not aggro until the force cloak cd was over. This should not be the intended behavior....

Either he should come and kill me. Or I should not be in combat with him. Damage from the dots are fine...but it should not leave me in combat with the mob indefinitely.

Edited by iAmRinzler

what I normally do to get rid of this is either sit there and wait or just kill a single weak mob. Once you kill it you are entering combat again and then when you kill the mob you are fighting you will finally leave combat the right way.

Force Shroud drops combat. Damage enters combat. So leave combat->enter combat results in being in combat. Problem?

The problem, if you could read what I and the OP wrote, is that the mobs aren't attacking, they go back to where they stand or patrol. I have no problem with the dot popping me out of stealth and putting me in combat, BUT if it does so, the mob should go back to attacking me.

what I normally do to get rid of this is either sit there and wait or just kill a single weak mob. Once you kill it you are entering combat again and then when you kill the mob you are fighting you will finally leave combat the right way.

In some instances, especially in the later areas, you may not have the luxury of a weak mob, and it's not even guaranteed to work either. I've tried it and still been locked in combat with the mob, and in some wild cases, when I reentered combat that mob will come after me, but until I've engaged with a completely different mob(not grouped with that one).