Biochem- best reusable pack to amke early on?

ThePirateMD

As you biochem people know, "alien blood samples" are sometimes FRIGGIN HARD to get.

so I want to know how to best use my early supply. should I make re-usable med pack? or....reusable stims?

funny enough, the most advanced re-usable noob med pack doesnt require a ton of rare materials (http://www.torhead.com/schematic/65EhgEE/reusable-surgical-medpac) ...Im guessing the schematic is hard to find? (big crafting noob here)

Edited by ThePirateMD

The re-usable stims are a MUST. Man I've probably saved a million credits while leveling having those re-usable stims.

You could probably get away with just the prototype ones, they last 2 hours and dying doesn't cause you to lose the effect.

The adrenals I make up to re-usable also. (At level 25 +150 power for 15 seconds is devastating.) I also make the medpaks reusable because you are going to be using them for quite a while.

tl;dr - Reusable is good. (sorry for the rambling)

The re-usable stims are a MUST. Man I've probably saved a million credits while leveling having those re-usable stims.

You could probably get away with just the prototype ones, they last 2 hours and dying doesn't cause you to lose the effect.

The adrenals I make up to re-usable also. (At level 25 +150 power for 15 seconds is devastating.) I also make the medpaks reusable because you are going to be using them for quite a while.

tl;dr - Reusable is good. (sorry for the rambling)

lmao I KNOW the resuable anythins are good (thanks tho)

i just want to know early on, if a reusable med pack would be better than a resuable "cunning" stim (i am an agent)

I thought presence was only a PVP thing....

Im talking mainly about leveling ATM

Presence increases your Companion's health. I prefer to buff myself instead cause it

helps much, much, more.

Ok now to your question. (Sorry! lol.) You only change medpaks about every 10 levels. You are gonna need to level them up anyhow, so yes, it does help to get the re-usable ones. You are gonna save more in the long run and it's gonna make leveling easier because you'll have far more advanced medpaks and stims than you would just buying off the stims vendor.

Presence buffs your companions. Expertise is the pvp stat.

I personally go for the medpacks first if I'm on a non-healing character, then I go for the stims. But if you're playing a healer it might work better to go for the stims first.

Adrenals seems to me to be pvp things, so I'm not going to worry too much about them while levelling anyway.

My first goal for reusables is usually the one that heals me AND my companion. That is really the only one I bother to go for in each tier of crafting. At teh higher levels, I will likely grind out the ones that just heal me, as well... a "free" heal on myself allows me to save my heals for party members.

TBH, I don't bother with stims at all, leveling up. I use one occasionally for tougher fights in my class arc, thats about it. If I get wtfpwned in a fight, I will make one up real quick and use it--why buy em?

Once I hit level cap on my biochem toon, I will likely grind out the reusables on all of that stuff, that way I have it.

My first goal for reusables is usually the one that heals me AND my companion. That is really the only one I bother to go for in each tier of crafting. At teh higher levels, I will likely grind out the ones that just heal me, as well... a "free" heal on myself allows me to save my heals for party members.

TBH, I don't bother with stims at all, leveling up. I use one occasionally for tougher fights in my class arc, thats about it. If I get wtfpwned in a fight, I will make one up real quick and use it--why buy em?

Once I hit level cap on my biochem toon, I will likely grind out the reusables on all of that stuff, that way I have it.

theres one...that heals you...AND your companion...?

O.O

theres one...that heals you...AND your companion...?

O.O

Yes. They are really good if your companion is tanking for you. They used to battle rez your companion too. Too bad they killed that in 1.1.

If you are taking most of the damage, the regular medpacs are fine.

Edited by Knewt

Presence buffs your companions. Expertise is the pvp stat.

I personally go for the medpacks first if I'm on a non-healing character, then I go for the stims. But if you're playing a healer it might work better to go for the stims first.

Adrenals seems to me to be pvp things, so I'm not going to worry too much about them while levelling anyway.

For the Adrenals... if you're any kind of front line person... the Power (I think) is a must. It's one that buffs up Power AND reduces damge by a good % (I think 50%?) for the duration. It's pretty much the same thing as the Melee Tank talent. (actualy superior because it buffs you up as well as reducing damage). So I'd go with that adrenal before going for the Stim.

For the Adrenals... if you're any kind of front line person... the Power (I think) is a must. It's one that buffs up Power AND reduces damge by a good % (I think 50%?) for the duration. It's pretty much the same thing as the Melee Tank talent. (actualy superior because it buffs you up as well as reducing damage). So I'd go with that adrenal before going for the Stim.

That adrenal ("Triage") reduces the damge you DEAL, not the damage DONE to you. It's designed for healers, but it doesn't give any more power than the "Attack" one so it's not very useful.

IMO,

The only ones I take to purple (i.e. reuseable) are the medpacks that heal myself and my companion.

Adrenals are generally unneeded overkill. I actually crafted a few to test the market, they didn't sell so I RE'd them... got lucky and learned the schematic and made the purple. Haven't actually bothered using it though. They *would* be a contender for taking to purple, as if you use them you'd go through 'em FAST.

As a biochem, I don't find stims to be worth taking to blue, much less purple. I don't die often enough that blues lasting past death is relevant, and you level so quickly that odds are you'll trash more greens mats RE'ing to blue than you'd save by using blues between now and the next levels version. Not to mention the additional cost of of the blue mats. And taking them to purple? TOTALLY not worth it. Especially since you can typically just make greens make in the field with the parts you've been harvesting. Don't even need to send out for a discovery mission. I only ever learn the blue stim schems for alts, as it's more inconvenient for them to restock.

Naturally though, that all changes at lvl 50 when you aren't going to be outleveling your stims.

That adrenal ("Triage") reduces the damge you DEAL, not the damage DONE to you. It's designed for healers, but it doesn't give any more power than the "Attack" one so it's not very useful.

Ouch :(

I thought it was too good to be true...

And thank you for pointing it out.

I just checked in game and submited a /bug report... when I pop off the adrenal my Hammer Shot delve went from 148-214 to 37-54... it debuffed it by 75% instead of 50%