The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weapon Cells

Slowmojo

I feel that both High Energy Cell and Plasma Cell are lacking. Especially for PvP.

Assault Spec for example, in addition to doing more damage and having more versatile ranged also has access to Ion Cell for PvP without sacrificing much damage and gaining Guard aswell.

Tactics however falls behind on both damage and survivability in such a situation. Using Ion Cell while specced for Tactics significantly lowers your mobility and ammo regeneration.

It would be nice if HECell gained a small heal on damage dealt.

Take the Talent "Kolto Recharge", lets face it, its rubbish.

"While High Energy Cell is active, your Elemental attacks have 50% chance to heal you for 1% of your maximum health."

"Whenever one of your Cells recharge, it has a 50% chance to restore 1% of your maximum health. Only occurs when High Energy Cell is active"

Or something along those lines.

I really think HECell needs a boost like such to make Tactics viable to use, in PvP especially.

I agree, but I don't need a heal on HECell to be happy. Just something to make it synergize with the tree more. So far it lacks in that department by a lot.

What do you mean synergize with the tree more?

You can't be tactics without HECell, if anything, they're in complete synergy with eachother, HECell alone is useless, and Tactics without HECell loses to much of its potential.

For PvP Ion Cell is the must have tool, As AS for example, you lose very little damage to gain access to Ion Cell, wich provides not only a large amount of damage reduction, but also grants you the ability to use Guard.

Wich is a problem for Tactics just because of its synergy with HECell.

Currently there is no compensation for it.

Edited by Slowmojo

You can't be tactics without HECell, if anything, they're in complete synergy with eachother, HECell alone is useless, and Tactics without HECell loses to much of its potential.

For PvP Ion Cell is the must have tool, As AS for example, you lose very little damage to gain access to Ion Cell, wich provides not only a large amount of damage reduction, but also grants you the ability to use Guard.

If you look at the talents in comparison to other Cell's, it is lacking in that department. Its synergistic effects are increased movement speed, ammo regen and just a bit more damage (But this can be applied to ALL cells, that being the Blaster Augs talent.).

Plasma Cell gets Extra damage, a Guarenteed proc on hit with Ion Pulse, Guranteed Slow for 2 seconds, Increased Critical Damage, and Increased DoT Damage on targets below 30% HP from the Assault Tree.

Ion Cell gets extra Flat Mitigation ONTOP of its normal Mitigation, Extra Damage, Increased Shock Duration, a 2 Second Slow with a Proc, Guranteed Proc with Stock Strike. And don't forget it's flat bonuses.

Either they need to make more talents for HECell to have and spec' into. Or they need to buff it just slightly. Right now it feels quite underwhelming in PvP and PvE to me. Why I went from an almost pure Tactics (had points here and there) build to Assault/Shield.

I'm not trying to offend Tactics player's, I just feel that the Tactics Tree and HECell needs some love.

BTW: You can go deep into the Tactics Tree without spending ANY Talent points into HECell abilities. Like you can with Shield as well. Personally the Tree is not as effective WITHTOUT HECell, but you can put some points into Shield and get better results then running HECell. And even Plasma if your spamming IP.

Edited by VragonBral

Synergize and require are not the same thing.

Synergize would be things like "with HEC active HiB will apply additional internal damage as a dot" or "when you gain ammo from HEC has a 50% chance to finish the cd on HiB (or SS)" or a talent like "while HEC is active SS and HiB have a 40% chance to immediately apply all remaining damage on guts bleed and reduce the cost of your next gut by 1 ammo".

A opposed to now where the only reason you need HEC is so that you don't run out of ammo. It doesn't enhance tree at all. Look at the assault talents that interact with plasma cell. They weave all the tools together. There no weave or skill interplay in tactics.

Synergize and require are not the same thing.

Synergize would be things like "with HEC active HiB will apply additional internal damage as a dot" or "when you gain ammo from HEC has a 50% chance to finish the cd on HiB (or SS)" or a talent like "while HEC is active SS and HiB have a 40% chance to immediately apply all remaining damage on guts bleed and reduce the cost of your next gut by 1 ammo".

A opposed to now where the only reason you need HEC is so that you don't run out of ammo. It doesn't enhance tree at all. Look at the assault talents that interact with plasma cell. They weave all the tools together. There no weave or skill interplay in tactics.

Actually, synergize means that one can't run without the other, wich in this case is true.

Tactics loses ammo regeneration and 15% movement speed when not using HECell, providing you don't gain any ammo and your so heavily melee based that mobility matters those are 2 very important talents.

On the same note, HECell is useless in any other situation then being specced in Tactics.

It has nothing to do with wether the talents are reactive or passive.

But that wasn't even the point of thread.

Tactics still lacks bigtime. I've tried the class, and its fun. But the fun ends when you realize you're gimping yourself to much.

Actually, synergize means that one can't run without the other, wich in this case is true.

Tactics loses ammo regeneration and 15% movement speed when not using HECell, providing you don't gain any ammo and your so heavily melee based that mobility matters those are 2 very important talents.

On the same note, HECell is useless in any other situation then being specced in Tactics.

Tactics still lacks bigtime. I've tried the class, and its fun. But the fun ends when you realize you're gimping yourself to much.

Like I said, Tactics and HECell needs some love. Simple.

Synergize indicates skills work together. Tactics tree has 2 talents that effect HEC (3 if you count augs). In no way does it enhance skill usage. All the vanguard trees are melee to a degree yet they don't need the speed or ammo regen cause their trees synergize.

Let me put it this way.

Things that synergize are required to be together.

Things that are required together dont have to synergize but can.

Anyway. We both agree tactics needs some lurvin.

There is just no reason to not use Ion cell over HECell in PVP

Ion Cell

60% Armor bonus

5% flat dmg reduction (amazing in PVP with expertise)

15% Shield Bonus

Guard

Dmg Proc

HECell

5% more elemental dmg (really this doesn't even work with 50% of your abilities)

HEcell was basically designed to maximize DPS in PVE and even then its hardly going to make a difference, HECell should retain some of the defensive benefits of Ion cell so something like,

HECell

20-30% Armor bonus

5% flat dmg reduction

5% flat dmg bonus