Well, Amazon screwed me.

ObtuseCircle

Once upon a time I had my CE ordered from Amazon since July 23rd.

Then I found out today I couldn't change my payment option without canceling my order.

What a sad day indeed. Now after countless hours of phone calls and live chat agents named "Queen" I have come to the conclusion that they don't care and won't/can't help.

Goodbye CE!

So, yeah I'm fairly angry at the fact that I have to cancel it, or it'll cancel itself rather. Then there's no other copies available at amazon. Even tried to ask if I could just get the same copy I pre-ordered after I canceled. They said NOPE.

So sad face and semi rant topic aside:

Are there any other retailers shipping before 12/20? Random thing I want to know.

Seems the only retailer with CE copies left is GameStop too. Man do I hate Amazon more than Gamestop now.

Should I just not bother and get the DDE?

Edited by ObtuseCircle

Why on Hutta did you wait to the LAST minute in order to rectify your payment information? If they didn't charge you today, they would of charged you Monday. Is a few days really the difference you needed to fix the problem?

I do believe the fault here is yours.

You can try to buy a giftcard for yourself with the new payment and use that on your order. Have done that in the past and it works.

Wish I'd have known that before messing with support. They eventually messed up my release date shipping as well. So at the end of the day I would have gotten on the 20th regardless.

I had some luck with Amazon today actually they changed my delivery option to Release Day Delivery for free and say I'll get my CE tomorrow. Only issue was for some odd reason they said my payment method was invalid and I had to update my payment method before tomorrow or the order would be cancelled.

your infamiliarity with a companys policies, and your lack of planning (why can't you use original payment method entered?) is NOT said company screwing you.

*moves on to next tread*

Very well I may be unfamiliar with their policies on such matters. Granted it should be very clear that this is how things are. I was never made aware of this when placing my order.

And I can't use the same payment option due to it being with a bank I no longer bank with due to moving across states.

Very well I may be unfamiliar with their policies on such matters. Granted it should be very clear that this is how things are. I was never made aware of this when placing my order.

And I can't use the same payment option due to it being with a bank I no longer bank with due to moving across states.

You can change your card, it's the billing address change that is the difficult thing as each card number is linked to an address back at their HQ.

So if you had a Chase card from Arizona that went to an Arizona residence and you then moved to Michigan and had a Flagstar card here, you would not be able to use your previous without using that Arizona residence as the billing, you could use that card and change the shipping though.

Make sure your billing address is correct.

I'm calling bull on that. I changed my pre-order delivery option day before yesterday. I received an email from amazon saying that my order was shipped today and would arrive tomorrow. So please stop trolling. What you say is not true.

Alrighty then, guess it was all in my head.

It happened believe it or not and I'm 100% certain.

I only created this thread to vent said frustration, see what others new about early ship dates, and then see if I should just go DDE. Though I've decided against the latter. So...yeah.

You can change your card, it's the billing address change that is the difficult thing as each card number is linked to an address back at their HQ.

So if you had a Chase card from Arizona that went to an Arizona residence and you then moved to Michigan and had a Flagstar card here, you would not be able to use your previous without using that Arizona residence as the billing, you could use that card and change the shipping though.

Make sure your billing address is correct.

I went through all that sadly. 3 costumer support agents later they all said they couldn't edit it either. They all were very apologetic saying I'd have to cancel or find a way to pay with the original payment option.