Nerfing biochem changes nothing.

Hypernetic

I really wish Bioware could understand this. Nerfing Biochem does absolutely nothing. No matter how much they nerf it, it will still be better than anything else.

This is not because Biochem is too good, it's because the other crew skills are WORTHLESS.

It's not better than anything else right now if you're looking for raw stats as you can get better stats using the BoEs made by Biochem.

You're better off trying for crits on the othe professions rakata made gear and getting far more stats that way.

It's not better than anything else right now if you're looking for raw stats as you can get better stats using the BoEs made by Biochem.

You're better off trying for crits on the othe professions rakata made gear and getting far more stats that way.

It's not even close to practical to make those adrenals and use them as often as you'd use a rakata one.

The rakata gear with the exception of the relics isn't even that good even with the augment slots.

Besides all that you can still level a crew skill, make the BoPs with augment slots, and switch back to biochem.

Biochem is still better and it always will be.

I really wish Bioware could understand this. Nerfing Biochem does absolutely nothing. No matter how much they nerf it, it will still be better than anything else.

This is not because Biochem is too good, it's because the other crew skills are WORTHLESS.

One more person who has figured out the real issue with professions. Scary hu? Instead of improving others they just keep tearing one down, perhaps the design is to make them all useless.

No matter what lies you tell yourself the reason BC outdoes the rest....reusable. Think of the credits you save not having to buy Stims/Adrenals when you have reusable ones.

Now assuming you have unlimited funds or a BC alt that can produce everything you need in the amounts you need, then perhaps you could sit and grind Rakata BOPs from your other profs to get the crit gear. But how many people are in that situation? Its an extreme situation where another proff will out perform Biochem...at least one exists now.

The thing i see when i look at these discussions is that everyone makes the other professions out to be time sinks where you just hope to get lucky once in a while... where biochem is basically instant gratification.

I am thinking about switching both my characters to biochem simply for the "instant gratification" that making my own consumables would bring. Its something i can always use and i dont have to put a massive amount of work into it, or hope to get lucky.

If i take another profession it appears from the posts im reading i will spend most of my time and money crafting items just hoping for a "critical success" ... and even if i had the time for something like that, i cant imagine that being fun.

Perhaps i am wrong, which is really why im posting, but this how it appears to me right now.

Please correct me...

Perhaps i am wrong, which is really why im posting, but this how it appears to me right now.

Please correct me...

That is one way to see the issue.

Biochem gives you reusable adrenals, stims and medpacks. Which arguably you can use everything they are off CD and have 100% up time on stims once you make the initial investment which is VERY low beyond getting the drop from a hard mode.

Biochem can also make, once they get the pattern, from drops or RE consumables of comparable value to sell to others. Like wise you can buy them and use them yourself. In short BC's advantage is that theirs are reusable.

The other professions have some BOP items that are very good, say Armormech a belt and bracers. However they are not blow your mind awesome but you do have a chance to crit when crafting them to add an augment slot. There is room for profit with the epic levels of the 49 gear. But you need to crit the craft for an aug slot as well as do a ton of RE'ing to get the right mix of stats from the possible combos. On top of that the crafted gear is only going to be comparable to the lowest tiers of gear.

The level of effort vs. reward for Biochem is MUCH higher than the other professions. To the point where to make the two even takes an effort only the hardest core players will reach it for none Biochem professions.

Least that is my take on it with a max level BC and Armormech, ymmv.

Edit this is just from an endgame PVE perspective. While leveling as an Armormech it was very handy to keep myself geared in blues and my companions too. However it seems that the chance to RE a green to a blue gets much lower the higher you get in the crafting skill. By the time I was in my late 30s I was out leveling gear and crafting points by the time I would get a blue. I also had a full set of orange I cold just get mods from comms for. I keep my companions in a nice set of greens though!

Edited by pipda

Welcome to the BW nerfing, BW has really shown they have no idea how to run a mmo, They have all the numbers and yet to stupid to comprehend what they actually mean. I expect for people to get tired of this nerf that nerf and very improvement in the game.

Wouldn't surprise me if it went F2P by the end of the year

See i am not interested in doing all of that work for crafting in a video game. No offense to anyone who enjoys that activity, i simply find it tedious and much to job-like.

That pretty makes my mind up about switching to biochem. Being able to use stims, health packs, and so on without having to worry about losing money over it is much more appealing to me than telling me im going to have spend forever trying to get lucky so i can make a little profit.. just to have to go spend the money buying consumables...

perhaps to someone who wants to turn their game time into a job where they graph out their income and so on can makes lots of game money with it somehow.... but honestly this is a video game im paying to play, and i dont see how on earth that could be considered fun. If i want a job ill go to work...