Medic ready for HM?

ChronicZA

hi

i am a combat medic and would like to start doing some HM fp's but not sure if my healing is good enough yet. What sort of healing should i be doing to succesfully heal the easiest HM and the hardest?

At the moment my HP is 14k , my hammer shot heals are roughly 160 and crit around 280-300 , my advanced medical probe and medical probe heals are 2k-3k and crit at around 5k+.

normal directive 7 is quite easy to heal through and find myself doing dps most of the time.

Your input would be appreciated.

cheers

About trauma probe...

I am combat medic for the begining and I think that better to use trauma probe on YOURSELF.

Reasons:

1) You ll see when it's gone. Thanks captain.

2) Not so obvious. When you heal for 2k-5k every 1-1.5 secons little 300-600 healing over 3 seconds looks really poor. So, better to prevent yourself from stupid death then to heal tank with 25k hp for 500 hp.

But... thats just my opinion))

Trauma Probe on tank helps reduce spikiness. It may not tick for a lot, but it's free healing for the cost of 1 GCD and there is no reason to permanently keep it on yourself because you will not be consistently taking damage.

You can obviously put it on someone else if they are taking heavy unavoidable damage, such as a focused attack (untauntable) or an undispellable DoT. You can also put it on yourself if you're taking unavoidable damage while having to move, since you can't HS yourself.

Monitoring it isn't an issue, since you're not running multiples.

About trauma probe...

I am combat medic for the begining and I think that better to use trauma probe on YOURSELF.

Reasons:

1) You ll see when it's gone. Thanks captain.

2) Not so obvious. When you heal for 2k-5k every 1-1.5 secons little 300-600 healing over 3 seconds looks really poor. So, better to prevent yourself from stupid death then to heal tank with 25k hp for 500 hp.

But... thats just my opinion))

I usually use Traumba Probe on myself, but only when PvPing.

In a FP or Ops, you should use it on the tank, because he will be the one getting hit constantly . Even if you are DPSing, you still will target the tank eventually and you can quickly check how many charges he has left, the just multiply by 3 and you will know when to check again.... or you can just recast it... it's free.

Agree that it may not be that much compared to a full critted MP, but still can keep the tank on almost full health, giving you plenty of time to dps. You can also look at it as 10 charges of 800 shield absorption.