Crafting/gathering while offline?

Spomo

OK, so its not that I can queue up a bunch of missions or gathering and have them just constantly go, it's just that if the mission/gathering goes longer than I am online, they will finish that one mission?

Correct. But you can queue up to 5 crafting missions for your companions before you log off as well, and those will be completed while offline.

OK, so its not that I can queue up a bunch of missions or gathering and have them just constantly go, it's just that if the mission/gathering goes longer than I am online, they will finish that one mission?

Correct. And at higher levels the times it takes can be longer than the super short times in the beginning.

Anyone with high level beta experience know how many "long" missions there are available at the end game? I'm guessing that you can't send out all five companions on 12 - 24 hour missions with only one mission skill and call it a day.

From my beta experience, i could only send a maximum of 2 companions out at any one time.

This actually has to do with your player level. Every 10 levels you can have a companion out (so level 10,20,30,40,50) for up to five out at a time.