Empire - Republic Ratio : Cmon guys, dont make the faction fiasco happen again.

Mizarus

I think the whole "Empire has mature players while Republic has the kiddies" is totally false.

It is not about kids or mature players, you will find both of them on either side.

Empire has a much much higher quality of players though, a more "hardcore" player base on top of that accentuating their superior playerskilll and dedication by also dominating the numbers with a higher average level and gear quality and more premades.

On my server (Iron Citadel) Republic chat is generally pretty laid back and helpful while Empire chat is full of trolling. It's like /b/ all decided to roll up Sith on my server. They're also pretty obnoxious in Warzones with /spitting on everyone and spamming insults in /say.

Of course, Republic is for 'social' players, Star Wars fans who just want to have a good time and enjoy the nice colors and voiceovers. And carebears who 'accidentally' rolled on a PvP server. Empire is all about blowing **** up and teabagging your enemies.

Naturally they are the ones spitting and spamming insults. Republic won't do that - because you can't emote when you're dead :-)

Edited by mufutiz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its too late. the notion in most ppl's minds is "if i want easy wins, ill roll sith because thats where everyone is." It just gets worse and worse.

on the flip side, sith are now being known for going for the easy win and republic, if thery win one, are seen as skilled players.

maybe that will coax those who roll sith and feel they deserve recogition to take up the challenge instead of the easy road, but i doubt it. Few will turn down the easy creds and exp and gear.

the only way to fix it is to give some special incentive for rolling repub in pvp, but then sith will cry foul -despite them getting the gear faster via easy wins.

is there really an answer?

This is why I am against factions which are implemented this way. I think it could have been far more fun for you to start out as a 'force sensitive', for example, and then depending on your light/darkside points you open up trees for sith and jedi abilities. With this in mind the factions could have been in-game choices where you can decide who to join after say level 10, and people can easily switch between as in real life where motives and loyalties change. Of course this would have worked better with a skill based system in order for the same idea to collate with the BH, smuggler and other non-force using classes.

I got a Republic Trooper to lvl 11 yesterday, but had to delete her (and her awful Thundercat companion:(). The community seemed perfectly fine, but everything else just seemed to lack an edge and feel terribly generic. The flowery guild names made me wretch too. ;)

Other than the revered Jennifer Hale, I wasn't that keen on the Republic voice acting either.

For the Empire!