Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Probably not the smartest thing to do

Ituhata

I am leveling two republic characters simultaneously. A smuggler out front at level 32, just hit Balmorra (ugh!) that I solo level and a Trooper I am leveling with a friend who is also a trooper and we are both at level 20 on Taris.

I think I burnt myself out, I don't want to log in anymore. :rolleyes:

I love the storyline, and I recommend rerolling alts, but in hindsight, I'm going to recommend that no one do what I've done and have an alt following in your main's footsteps by mere days.

You has been warned.

what the hell did i just read?

Probably some nonsense about how we're building dinosaurs on the moon and planning to invade mother russia for her precious honey badgers.

But seriously, just a friendly public reminder not to burn yourself out with too many alts on the heels of your main. I think I my have to take a week off to get back in the zone.

I am leveling two republic characters simultaneously. A smuggler out front at level 32, just hit Balmorra (ugh!) that I solo level and a Trooper I am leveling with a friend who is also a trooper and we are both at level 20 on Taris.

I think I burnt myself out, I don't want to log in anymore. :rolleyes:

I love the storyline, and I recommend rerolling alts, but in hindsight, I'm going to recommend that no one do what I've done and have an alt following in your main's footsteps by mere days.

You has been warned.

The only working alt strategy is :

Run your main until you get sick.

Roll an alt on the other side, run him until you get sick.

Roll an alt on the first side, about halfway through to where your first main is.

Repeat for the other side.

Level your main some more.

Level your alt main some more.

Add a new alt , one to each side.

Level your mids, then your new alts, then your main, then make new alts again.

Also, it helps if you play opposite AC's

Play a Mara , then a Guardian.

The quests are still mostly the same, I always skip a few so I can let another alt run them. Also, going back and doing Heroics and FP when you are high level to see them and helping lowbies run them is also useful.

Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind, but its actually kind of nice for a speed run as long as we know whats coming and coordinate. If its a class story entrance, we make our own and go in, if its a showdown type class story we take turns and mow through it.

But no doubt that is playing into it.

I have 7 alts, 4 republic and 3 imperial. I enjoy 6 of them a lot. Just can't get into the JC. Anyway, I level republic for a couple weeks and then go do empire for a the same. That way I'm not going through the same planet back to back. Works for me.

Love the game but I am a questing, leveling junkie. Really no interest in end game or PVP. I have fun so that is all that matters. Hopefully by the time I get all these to 50 there will be an expansion.

Being casual, maybe a couple hours play, 2 nights a week. it will be the fall before I need the expansion.

lol..

Jedi Sent (35)

Jedi Sage (35)

Scoundrel (35)

Vanguard (17) * Currently leveling.

I can't win. When I level the Vanguard, I feel like I'm wasting time. When I'm leveling one of the mains, I feel like I should be leveling the Vanguard, mostly because of crafting (Cybertech).

I find myself confused a lot. Like I'll be playing Sent and think I'm Sage etc.

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. I haven't burnt myself out though.

Though, I don't want to be one of those guys who hit 50 in the first couple of days, then spent the rest of their time in-game complaining about the lack of content. I like to enjoy it.

I'll probably get Cybertech to 400 (With Biochem and Artifice) and then just hit 50 with each one rather than level at the same time.

50 Shadow

39 Marauder

27 Commando

26 Gunslinger

19 Operative

19 Powertech

14 Sage

I'm not burnt out quite yet, was doing my Commando with a friend but I got bored. I think the slight challenge while soloing is what I like about the leveling here.

I don't recommend doing the same sub class on the same side, though I will be for Consular as I like Sage more than Sorceror.

Edited by ckoneful

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.