Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If you are 50 and a PvPer, why are you still here?

darth_knine

I hate people with your "love it or shutup and get out" mentality. Really? does that add anything worthwhile to the thread? The game has serious issues and we WANT it to succeed but it has fallen way short. Don't YOU want the game to improve???

It was a simple question. If you canceled your subscription then why do you care what people feel about a game you no longer wish to be a part of? I never said love it or get out, I just asked why someone who made a point to say they had cancelled their subscription would wonder why people are still playing. If anything I would take more implied snobbery from the OP then my simple question. But since all I have is text I can't say one way or the other.

OP, if you are that much on the fence then keep playing, or even play outside your comfort zone and try some of the PvE stuff. You bought the time, might as well see what else there is. Might even settle that doubt that you seem to have about leaving the game.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth be told, I still got 9 days on my sub, and I am still hoping that BW would so something to improve PVP in that time. The Champ bag change was a step in the right direction so far!

In all honesty, I really want this game to be better and I would gladly resub if they:

1) Communicate with us. BW, just please talk to us and tell us what your intentions are fpr PVP!

2) Fix just a couple of the major core issues, like the BM bags and Illum.

I can wait on everything else. Heck, BW you don't even have to fix anything right away, if you just talk to us, tell us you acknowledge those issues and that you are working on them or something! Anything!

Edited by Treplos

It was a simple question. If you canceled your subscription then why do you care what people feel about a game you no longer wish to be a part of? I never said love it or get out, I just asked why someone who made a point to say they had cancelled their subscription would wonder why people are still playing. If anything I would take more implied snobbery from the OP then my simple question. But since all I have is text I can't say one way or the other.

OP, if you are that much on the fence then keep playing, or even play outside your comfort zone and try some of the PvE stuff. You bought the time, might as well see what else there is. Might even settle that doubt that you seem to have about leaving the game.

Well I have till June since that is when my sub runs out. I really am not into PvE, I played WoW in raid guild after SWG for 5 years so this PvE is same as WoW (except WoW is better so if I really wanted to PvE I would play that) and like I said burnt on that. GW2 PvE sounds refreshing though, we shall see. I was hoping for open world battles like in SWG and ground breaking pvp. Star Wars is perfect environment for PvP. Please let me know when you find it :)

Well I have till June since that is when my sub runs out. I really am not into PvE, I played WoW in raid guild after SWG for 5 years so this PvE is same as WoW (except WoW is better so if I really wanted to PvE I would play that) and like I said burnt on that. GW2 PvE sounds refreshing though, we shall see. I was hoping for open world battles like in SWG and ground breaking pvp. Star Wars is perfect environment for PvP. Please let me know when you find it :)

wow pve is better? sorry mate... dont think so. PVE here is great. Its got good stories to every single quest you get. It just depends on you to listen and watch them.

SWG(NGE) open world pvp was crap.. what ever you are smoking, please puff puff pass.

as for the rest of you GW2 lovers... have fun.. cya... Stop cluttering our forums with your negativity... you are ALL bringing nothing to the forums but negativity and not even saying anything constructive but bashing the people who say anything good about this game...

you bash bioware like crazy...

you bash the community if they love the game...

so just leave already.... you truly dont care about the game yet say you do... LOL yeah right....

you wont be missed. PVP will get better in the coming months here.

Oh and let me give you some background history on some of you so called Hardcore PVPers...

i love pvp and been pvping since the days of Asheron's Call... So just to let you know you dont have a clue what real pvp is till you step onto the pvp server on AC...anyway, lets move on...

DAOC... all the crappy talking just like here.. about how Horizons will be the next best thing..... bam same thing... that game fell hard... people went back to DAOC... Shadowbane was the next big thing...

SWG was the next big thing.... boy you should of read the forums on SWG when it was launched on all the problems... dying and you couldnt loot your skeleton body losing ALL OF YOUR STUFF... oh some of you might forget those days... 3 credit dupes and tons of item dupes within the first year. list can go ON AND ON....

next big thing was WOW... except it didnt really have much for PVP and it was quite buggy at the start..... some came back to SWG....

lineage 2 was the next big pvp MMO...

Age of CONAN was the next big MMO... we all know this didnt last long...

darkfall was the next big pvp MMO...

warhammer online was the next big PVP MMO...

Aion was the next big pvp MMO...

Rift was the next big pvp MMO

Dont even know if i need to mention final fantasy after its first debacle

are you starting to notice a pattern here?

whats the next BIG PVP MMO that will bury the last.... LOL

are we getting the picture here?

just leave already....enough said... you cant be patient for a 2 month old game to straighten a design that the so called "hard Core" pvpers exploited the crap out of... whichh you have yourselves to blame to begin with.

they give you the carrot all the pvpers want and thats all you do is everything under the sun to achieve then blame Bioware that they shouldnt LET YOU take the shortcuts you have taken.

you want PVP.. do what we did in SWG PRE CU... organize your pvp events... i bet you will find it more enjoyable.

the classes are done well in this game... the game is quite fun.. i love the pvp.. they need more stuff but some of us KNOW they will add more and fixes.

IF YOU DONT LIKE THE GAME>>> LEAVE

you will find most of the playerbase doesnt even come to the forums. Just you small minority of players...

oh and a BIG P.S. on the weekend... MOST SERVERS WERE HEAVY.... get off your high horses doomsayers.

On my way out waiting for my sub to tick over and im gone pvp is a mess but thats not why i bought the game tho it was a good filler till i figured out it was crap and with the last patch a clear and present *BW doesn't give a **** BW does what it wants* style of balancing has compelled me to walk away deleted my full champ set so i would not get delusions of trying it again and i shall walk yet another game ruined by the horrid dev team from warhammer if we were smart we would have stoped you jokers before you ruined another game going to wait for planetside 2 happy hunting guys :cool:

Like pve? no thanks. Go for Datacrons, I have almost all of them.

I play Online Games for pvp. And in this game the pvp suck, I REALLY HOPE BW CHANGE THIS **** OR THE GAME WILL DIE FAST.

I know alot of ppl that play cos they pay 6 month, maybe BW have 1.3 millon subscribers now but if the thing continue like this by July or june this game will be dead

You clearly missed it when they said this game was going to be story driven MMO... now that tells me alot about PvP.

I canceled but have a few months left, since I paid 6 month sub :(

What is your excuse?

Same here. Fortunatly I have payed only to march 20th, one pre paid key.

I just log in to hang out with guildmates for 2h before I go to sleep. Thats few warzones. I;m not even pushing to finish daily warzone quest, not ot mantion Illum :) I have 2/150 for third week now :)

You clearly missed it when they said this game was going to be story driven MMO... now that tells me alot about PvP.

The problems with Story Driven MMOs is that now you play through one class and if you're curious about another you just look it up on YouTube lol ... :p

whats the next BIG PVP MMO that will bury the last.... LOL

are we getting the picture here?.

Yup ... well I think I got it!

Lemme try an answer real quick! lol ... ...

Ok so it's the PvP players that are actually killing the gender 'cos of their enormous egos.

Gary: "We're reckless, arrogant, stupid *****. And the Film Actors Guild are *******. And Kim Jong Il is an bleephole. ******* don't like *****, because ******* get bleeped by *****. But ***** also bleep bleepholes, bleepholes who just wanna bleep on everything. ******* may think they can deal with bleepholes their way. But the only thing that can bleep an bleephole is a dick with some balls. The problem with ***** is that sometimes they bleep too much. Or bleep when it isn't appropriate."

Spottswoode: "Yes, Gary, yes."

Gary: "And it take a ***** to show 'em that. But sometimes ******* get so full of bleep that they become bleepholes themselves. Because ******* are only an inch and a half away from bleepholes. I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us bleep this bleephole we are gonna have our ***** and our ******* all covered in bleep."

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=gog&media=MP3S&type=Movies&movie=Team_America_World_Police&quote=weredicks.txt&file=weredicks.mp3

That's exactly what PvP players are... the vocals, the minority... these guys are ******es and we need to .... them otherwise, someday, we're no longer going to have great games to enjoy.

That's exactly what PvP players are... the vocals, the minority... these guys are ******es and we need to .... them otherwise, someday, we're no longer going to have great games to enjoy.

But the PvP is so POOR on this game from a variety PoV.

PvE, yeah ok it's not bad but if you prefer PvP then you're out of luck. If they gave you 3 Flashpoints all the way from L10-L50 then you'd be on here complaining as well. Or suppose I told you that you could only play the BT Flashpoint 10 times in a row and you'd have to do that on a very regular basis ...

This game could have been awesome from both sides and kept both sides happy. But the PvP element is excrutiatingly limited :p It's like they just threw in some competitive multiplayer as an after-thought assuming no one would play it that much. 8-12 hours per Valor level between 50-60 ... in 3 WZs ... yum :D

But the PvP is so POOR on this game from a variety PoV.

PvE, yeah ok it's not bad but if you prefer PvP then you're out of luck. If they gave you 3 Flashpoints all the way from L10-L50 then you'd be on here complaining as well. Or suppose I told you that you could only play the BT Flashpoint 10 times in a row and you'd have to do that on a very regular basis ...

This game could have been awesome from both sides and kept both sides happy. But the PvP element is excrutiatingly limited :p It's like they just threw in some competitive multiplayer as an after-thought assuming no one would play it that much. 8-12 hours per Valor level between 50-60 ... in 3 WZs ... yum :D

may I remind you that this is a story driven MMO and that PvP is only there 'cos you asked for it ?! Now ... you're not happy 'cos it's not what you asked for ?!

So far all I know about hardcore PvP dudes is "QQ, QQ, QQ & more *********** QQ" y'all whining 'cos the next game is so much not like the last one you played... you enjoy old stuff which worked fine back in the days but suddently fell in the "outdated" section which brought a need to play something newer but not necessarily "better" than your old one.

Just ask your old Devs to find the money to "update" your old stuff so you can stop bothering people which enjoy whichever games they're playing that you're slowing bringing down with all your *********** QQs.

Thx bye!.

Edited by NinjaScroll

Let these idiots rule the world and they'd all kill each other within a week. They want the same thing in every game. They're so pleased with WoW let them go back, or play GW2 and they will be bitcching about that too. WoW sucks, its stupid and incredibly generic - so are these whiners.

I am all over this! SWGemu is better in it's current state than this joke of a game

rofl ok sunshine then go instead of lingering around whining like a kid with no cake, 80% love the game and it can only get better, so take your OH BOOO HOO poor me attitude and just um go? k thanks...

Can't wait for the crying on the GW2 forums when you realize it isn't as you imagined it :D

But how can it NOT be better than this? I don't mind the cartoony graphics but the game looks beautiful there ...

And 3 factions?? If one faction is too big, team up with the other underdog. Betrayal, intrigue, maybe? Maybe not. Who knows?

But the World events also? The random World bosses that scale to how many people are fighting it? That sh*t sounds fckn awesome :p It's a world event if you run into any of the opposing faction on my Server's Ilum :D

GW2 is the kind of game that'll come out and need lots of tweaking, lots of balancing, patches for glitches, etc. But that's easier than creating loads of new content out of thin air and THEN having to go through said stages. These guys can't even get their lame-a** Ilum right :p

Also, the problem is that w/ a game like GW2 they can do pretty much ANYTHING. Taking on a franchise like SW is actually pretty difficult because Lucas Arts will want you to not go crazy with new things that don't 'fit' in with the movies, etc. The creative element is severely limited. Have we really seen anything that is THAT far removed from the movies? Lightning - CHECK. Light sabres - CHECK. Jawas - CHECK.

Let these idiots rule the world and they'd all kill each other within a week. They want the same thing in every game. They're so pleased with WoW let them go back, or play GW2 and they will be bitcching about that too. WoW sucks, its stupid and incredibly generic - so are these whiners.

The problem is ... "right now" they're in here whining that this game is not enough like this & that. Just while in the beta it was "This is yet another WoW clone" ... That sort of got me confused 'cos if these guys were calling this a WoW clone and now they're saying it's not enough like it ... geez, how *********** retarded are they ?!

They say "Stupid can't be fixed" ... makes me feel sorry for this community being stuck with so many of them.

rofl ok sunshine then go instead of lingering around whining like a kid with no cake, 80% love the game and it can only get better, so take your OH BOOO HOO poor me attitude and just um go? k thanks...

We all loved the game until you hit the realisation that there's nothing to do for PvPers @ end-game :)

But how can it NOT be better than this? I don't mind the cartoony graphics but the game looks beautiful there ...

And 3 factions?? If one faction is too big, team up with the other underdog. Betrayal, intrigue, maybe? Maybe not. Who knows?

But the World events also? The random World bosses that scale to how many people are fighting it? That sh*t sounds fckn awesome :p It's a world event if you run into any of the opposing faction on my Server's Ilum :D

GW2 is the kind of game that'll come out and need lots of tweaking, lots of balancing, patches for glitches, etc. But that's easier than creating loads of new content out of thin air and THEN having to go through said stages. These guys can't even get their lame-a** Ilum right :p

Also, the problem is that w/ a game like GW2 they can do pretty much ANYTHING. Taking on a franchise like SW is actually pretty difficult because Lucas Arts will want you to not go crazy with new things that don't 'fit' in with the movies, etc. The creative element is severely limited. Have we really seen anything that is THAT far removed from the movies? Lightning - CHECK. Light sabres - CHECK. Jawas - CHECK.

Dude... it's Star *********** Wars, what did you expect ?!

Hello Kitty maybe ?!

A *********** nude of Sylvia Saint perhaps ?!

Yet again, stupid... it just can't be fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.