Sign petition for changes, See if BW will actually respond

Keyran-Halcyon

So I know 99% of people won't read this entire post, cuz they are simply looking to troll. But oh well. A few days ago I made a thread making fun of all the QQ and rage quitters. It got closed by a mod basically telling me since I was inciting arguments they were closing the thread. Here is the full post if you want to read it ( http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=267292&page=6 )

So I figured I would post a thread with some legitimate constructive comments, see if I can get tons of people to +1 or like or even post and see if they will respond to a constructive thread.

Here are my suggestions for changes, please post whichever changes you like. If you dislike or disagree with anything, simply don't post that particular one.

1) PvP Gear System.

-Remove or change the Bag system. The bags honestly should only be given as rewards or purchased for people wanting to gamble at getting a piece of BM gear.

-Make gear commendations purchasable by Warzone comes, allowing for a steady and completely predicable progression of gear. Example would be 30 warzone comms for 5 centurion, 3 champion or 1 BM comms.

-Make it so that you cannot buy a piece of champion gear without turning in the equivalent centurion piece. Example would be Champion gloves cost 5 champion comms and the Centurion gloves.

-Adjust the stat difference between gear tiers to allow for more balanced combat. Honestly having the difference be so drastic between Centurion and Bm is stupid. The difference should only be a slight increase. So that hypothetically if a centurion geared sorc went against a BM geared sorc, if they had identical skill and used identical rotations, the BM sorc would only win the fight because of the little extra the BM gear gave. If the gear tiers are too drastic it limits PvP. The whole reason for getting the top gear should be for that little extra boost, the cool title, and to look the best in the bad as gear. Thas what you earn. BM's who think because they grinded to BM they should butt **** any other level of gear are pretty much unskilled players wanting that leg up so their lack of skill doesn't show. If you play like that and just want to be able to roll players left and right, then hit 50 and go pvp on Tatooine. Then you can kill players and it won't take any skill on your part. Personally for me the whole purpose of PvP is the challenge of killing someone who can think and do things NPC's can't.

2) Illium... Well that probably needs to be completely redesigned. And honestly I don't have any suggestions for it.

3) Add a deserter penalty for leaving a Warzone. Every MMO's has this, so why did BW decide not to??? Not sure, but this needs a fix. And I am sure it won't take that much effort to put into place.

4) Improve some class balance. Not saying jump aboard the nerf train bound for gimpsville. But address some issue like tracer missile for mercs and the Commando equivalent, and not sure all the fuss about sorcs/sages, but I think some possible balance issuese could be addressed. Overall though I think classes are fairly equal, and I am saying this as a scoundrel after they reduced our stun and damage.

On a side note, and I am sure plenty of trolls will try and hit me for this one. I don't have a level 50 yet. I played Sniper to level 47, decided to switch republic to help with faction imbalance and also so I have more people to fight and kill. All of my suggestions or simply that, MY suggestions. So don't bother trolling. I am trying to do what the Mod suggestion when they closed my previous thread by creating a constructive thread. If you do troll or flame, your post will get flagged.

Edited by Keyran-Halcyon

tracer missiles do way too little damage and there is a serious issue with how much damage sages are putting out, way, way too much. I could go on and on about how jedis can constantly be on the run and hitting for 5k while bounty hunters are stuck in place with every high damage move they can use as mercs and only do 1.2k with a missile they have to channel. PvP is SERIOUSLY flawed.

/signed

I agree. Not a big fan of nerf everything tho.

How to fix Ilum:

Limit 50 imps 50 reps per channel and make PVE channels available

Keep kill quests

Make valor gained based on the node your factions owns not the whole map

bring back the flip the tank quest

give a bag of choice for every 5 wz wins.

They've closed/merged/deleted threads with petitions before. I recall a recent post in which a moderator basically said that petition threads are non-productive and should be avoided, so I wouldn't expect a response to this.

So what the heck does BW and the moderators consider a "constructive" thread??? I wonder....

So what the heck does BW and the moderators consider a "constructive" thread??? I wonder....

Anything that's not viewed as being negative, abusive, harassing, etc.

It's my opinion that threads are at times wrongfully removed and often, the moderators take things out of context and don't really use good judgement on these things.

The forums seem to cater to the mindset of a child and less to adults.

Again, this is just from my personal experience.

Or you just make the best items craftable. Why do you grind for the best gear. It's an MMO. I loved the SWG system. I had an armor and weapons guy I used to go put out harvesters and harvest the things he needed to make me pvp gear. That's a system an MMO should have.

Take the gear out of the equation and let us battle for control of the planets. There is no civil war here. Just pointless pvp. Why control Illum. Why can't we control entire planets.

The below 50 pvp s a blast.

Really if you fixed the level 50 pvp, to me this game would be perfect.

Agree on the bag issue bigtime most players do.

Agree on Ilum(who doesnt planet is a joke)

Agree on the deserter issue.

Do not agree on the nerf you want to troopers/bounty hunters.

Play the class first at lvl 50 in full battle/champ gear against a imp player in equal gear before you scream nerf.

Or you just make the best items craftable. Why do you grind for the best gear. It's an MMO. I loved the SWG system. I had an armor and weapons guy I used to go put out harvesters and harvest the things he needed to make me pvp gear. That's a system an MMO should have.

Take the gear out of the equation and let us battle for control of the planets. There is no civil war here. Just pointless pvp. Why control Illum. Why can't we control entire planets.

The below 50 pvp s a blast.

Really if you fixed the level 50 pvp, to me this game would be perfect.

I like earning the gear, just not the way you have to get it right now. random chance on something I worked hard to do is just dumb. Its like saying "hey work all day and then spin a wheel to see if you actually get your paycheck." Just stupid

So I know 99% of people won't read this entire post, cuz they are simply looking to troll. But oh well. A few days ago I made a thread making fun of all the QQ and rage quitters. It got closed by a mod basically telling me since I was inciting arguments they were closing the thread. Here is the full post if you want to read it ( http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=267292&page=6 )

So I figured I would post a thread with some legitimate constructive comments, see if I can get tons of people to +1 or like or even post and see if they will respond to a constructive thread.

Here are my suggestions for changes, please post whichever changes you like. If you dislike or disagree with anything, simply don't post that particular one.

1) PvP Gear System.

-Remove or change the Bag system. The bags honestly should only be given as rewards or purchased for people wanting to gamble at getting a piece of BM gear.

-Make gear commendations purchasable by Warzone comes, allowing for a steady and completely predicable progression of gear. Example would be 30 warzone comms for 5 centurion, 3 champion or 1 BM comms.

-Make it so that you cannot buy a piece of champion gear without turning in the equivalent centurion piece. Example would be Champion gloves cost 5 champion comms and the Centurion gloves.

-Adjust the stat difference between gear tiers to allow for more balanced combat. Honestly having the difference be so drastic between Centurion and Bm is stupid. The difference should only be a slight increase. So that hypothetically if a centurion geared sorc went against a BM geared sorc, if they had identical skill and used identical rotations, the BM sorc would only win the fight because of the little extra the BM gear gave. If the gear tiers are too drastic it limits PvP. The whole reason for getting the top gear should be for that little extra boost, the cool title, and to look the best in the bad as gear. Thas what you earn. BM's who think because they grinded to BM they should butt **** any other level of gear are pretty much unskilled players wanting that leg up so their lack of skill doesn't show. If you play like that and just want to be able to roll players left and right, then hit 50 and go pvp on Tatooine. Then you can kill players and it won't take any skill on your part. Personally for me the whole purpose of PvP is the challenge of killing someone who can think and do things NPC's can't.

2) Illium... Well that probably needs to be completely redesigned. And honestly I don't have any suggestions for it.

3) Add a deserter penalty for leaving a Warzone. Every MMO's has this, so why did BW decide not to??? Not sure, but this needs a fix. And I am sure it won't take that much effort to put into place.

4) Improve some class balance. Not saying jump aboard the nerf train bound for gimpsville. But address some issue like tracer missile for mercs and the Commando equivalent, and not sure all the fuss about sorcs/sages, but I think some possible balance issuese could be addressed. Overall though I think classes are fairly equal, and I am saying this as a scoundrel after they reduced our stun and damage.

On a side note, and I am sure plenty of trolls will try and hit me for this one. I don't have a level 50 yet. I played Sniper to level 47, decided to switch republic to help with faction imbalance and also so I have more people to fight and kill. All of my suggestions or simply that, MY suggestions. So don't bother trolling. I am trying to do what the Mod suggestion when they closed my previous thread by creating a constructive thread. If you do troll or flame, your post will get flagged.

Not to hate but this post and thread is pretty useless. It would do well for a moderator deletion.

1) They're already doing this with the bag changes. The bag changes also negate a lot of the "gear disparities" by allowing under geared to gear faster thus eliminating the duration of said disparities. If you win soley because of gear, does it matter how much you win by?

2) Just saying it needs to be redesigned and offering no suggestions is completely pointless and not constructive.

3) I agree with this, but it's been stated 80,000 times, and by itself you offer no reasoning or suggestions or anything to back your claim.

4) Same as 2, it is pointless it's just you QQing and offering your personal opinion and stating no suggestions or examples or any data per se to make your opinion worth considering.

TL;DR

This thread is completely pointless and should be deleted.

Not to hate but this post and thread is pretty useless. It would do well for a moderator deletion.

1) They're already doing this with the bag changes. The bag changes also negate a lot of the "gear disparities" by allowing under geared to gear faster thus eliminating the duration of said disparities. If you win soley because of gear, does it matter how much you win by?

2) Just saying it needs to be redesigned and offering no suggestions is completely pointless and not constructive.

3) I agree with this, but it's been stated 80,000 times, and by itself you offer no reasoning or suggestions or anything to back your claim.

4) Same as 2, it is pointless it's just you QQing and offering your personal opinion and stating no suggestions or examples or any data per se to make your opinion worth considering.

TL;DR

This thread is completely pointless and should be deleted.

My point for the gear is to actually increase the time it takes to get the gear. It Should be a grind, not something that is just given to people. As for the Illium point, I was merely asking people to agree that it needs work. I'm not a developer so I shouldn't have to completely give them help. As for your #4, were did you get that I was QQ'ing?? I never complained about the classes. I simply agreed that some adjusting needed to be done. QQ'ing is saying they needed to be nerfed or I need to be buffed. Which I never said.

So thanks for a lovely troll post, but I already sated in my op that is WAS my opinion.

So thanks for a lovely troll post, but I already sated in my op that is WAS my opinion.

It's not a troll post, it's clearly telling you why your thread is flawed and useless. And it is.

Further, more than your opinion, you packaged this as a "petition" of all things...lol.