The Galactic Market - Improvements?

imperetor

Hello everybody! I've been doing some thinking: Why does playing the game make me get the feeling that crafting items to sell, or looting items to sell to players isn't worth it? Why does the player to player market have so little activity?

So I ask you: What Do YOU think would make the trade system better? What wouldn't? Why do you think that?

Discuss & debate about the Galactic Market.

Hello everybody! I've been doing some thinking: Why does playing the game make me get the feeling that crafting items to sell, or looting items to sell to players isn't worth it? Why does the player to player market have so little activity?

So I ask you: What Do YOU think would make the trade system better? What wouldn't? Why do you think that?

Discuss & debate about the Galactic Market.

There is a suggestions page.

Couple of quick things come to mind.

1. Make GM *remember* your last search setting. It's rather annoying that you have to re-do your search parameters every single time you close the window, especially since you can only open 2 windows at one time. Frankly, the whole UI needs some tweaking in this respect. Make the windows draggable and overlappable. Dump the auto-close feature entirely.

2. Introduce more search parameters such as being able to search for specific slots under each armor type category. That and the options to search for specific stat modifications.

3. Add a "last sold" history. There could be an issue with this however since there are so many randomly named green/blue items even though their stats may be similar, even graphically. I think an overall item consolidation is in order.

4. Introduce more high level recipes into the game that is at the minimum, competitive with the PVE/PVP gear. Right now there is little reason for cybertech/armstech/artifice/synthweaving/armormech to craft anything other than to outfit your alts/companions. The current volume drop off between level 10-40 and 41-50 gears/mods/etc on the GM is quite significant.

I'm sure there are more things I can think off but these will do for now.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

1. Let us search items by name with out having to use the pull down menu.

2. Let us search for helmets, gloves etc. when looking at armor.

3. Add a GTN history which shows your last 10 items sold and bought.

4. How about letting us bid? An auction house let's people you know place a bid, how do you mess this up?

5. Allow people to post requests and a payout. Example I want to craft something in bulk so say I need 200 Primeval artifacts. Since I can't que Crew Skill missions and won't be able to access TOR I post a a crew skill request and a reward in credits once its done. I really think crew skills need some loving.

6. Allow players to buy stacked individually. Having to seperate 5 stacks of 99 mats is a pain I'd rather price my mats individually for say 3000 for some iron and let buyers choose how much they want.

I knew that the whole trade system was a little "off", but the UI is bad too? Wow.

Umm have you been to the Crew Skill subforum? It's terrible frankly.

Edited by Chromiie