Freakish and weird eye bug in conversations- anyone else had this?

RowanThursday

Not going to put this in customer service yet, since I don't quite know what to make of it- looking to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Occasionally, when I go into conversation mode, character eyes go *weird*! I mean, very weird.

Rarely, but I've seen it, completely black and not rendered at all- but the more frequent one has a strange, glassy, shiny surface rather than the eye textures, which took me a while to identify, and now I sort of wish I hadn't-

When this happens, the game is rendering the eye *not* with an eyeball texture on each eye... but instead with the middle part of the eye, iris and pupil, texture spaced as if it's covering a bounding box defined by the two eyes- the weird surface I'm seeing is an extreme close up of the eye's surface, with the curved shape visibly scaled as if... the character's face is an eyeless mask, with a giant eyeball behind it.

*shivers* :eek:

Now, it's fairly easy to fix, just escaping out and restarting the conversation will *normally* fix it, once or twice I've had to relog... but I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's had this effect?

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's had this effect?

Yes!

Well, except for me and everyone else who's had this effect, which, based on previous posts I've seen regarding this effect, is at least several people.

In addition to the eye wackiness, sometimes in conversations my character, or my characters' companions, or NPCs - or just parts of them - are sort of a charcoal gray.

I've never seen that. Kinda glad, too, sounds freaky >.>

In beta I had some weirdness with my characters teeth showing up slightly outside her face, and also some npcs would do performance art if I skipped dialogue but it hasn't happened recently at all.

Never seen this... pics?

Hmm, don't seem to have any screenies with just the wonky eyes - Print Screen doesn't always work, evidently, especially during cutscenes - but here's one with the silvery/glassy eyes and the discoloration I mentioned:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8366/screenshot2012010416570.jpg

Edited by Katharis

Glad it's not just me! Oddly enough, the only 'all black' character rendition in conversation I ever had was a Jawa chief I was talking to on Tatooine, it kept flickering in and out as he weaselled about trying to persuade me not to murder his tribe, I almost wondered if it was supposed to represent some kind of stealth ability before concluding it was a bug.

Hopefully time will fix it- as a Second Life veteran I get just a little nervous when avatar faces start to go wrong, given some of the gory nightmares that world's defective avatar skeleton can produce when things load wrong!