Sedatives question

NRieh

I'm pretty certain it applies in either case, otherwise it'd be a near-useless ability. I know my old Scoundrel tended to tranq solo opponents before attacking, purely to apply Sedatives, and it certainly seemed to affect how hard they hit in the initial part of the fight.

Just know that if you do take Sedatives, you can no longer use Tranq to skip past mob packs in solo PvE.

Now why is that? Afair tranq shot does not bring you into combat state. Which means that by the time someone is struck by sedatives I'm either already far from range or already left location\instance. It's if you mean that sedatives effect turns aggro on. Also since its only takes one target at time - it has hardly anything to do with skiping packs.

I'm skiping a lot in stealth, and almost never do "kill x" bonuses. And I dont really see any use for tranq while doing this, actually. Most of detectors are seem to be droids, anyway. Either we sneak by, or (in case that chance of stealthing is not that big) do our usual cc+harpoon+dirty kicks+flash grenades nasty things. :o

And today I just checked - yes, sedatives effect is shown on target even if cc is broken, and not just ended in a natural way. And it may really bring some nice dmg reduction while pulling single and tranqable elites both in solo and group PvE. When I took that talent I didn't really think it may be useful for pve purposes, I just needed to spend some points, yet - looks like it is.

Could be useful to someone else, I guess.