We copied Wow But not quite and now we've got ourselves into trouble.....

icecoldone

Ok i want to talk about the recent hybrid assassin nerf.

it all boils down to stance dancing.

It is very true that the core of most classes are based on wow. Everyone knows that.

So when it comes to stance dancing. Wow got away if this cos they had no light armour tanks.

Any class that could turn into a tank had Heavy armour. However The assassin which is Swtor's new tank has to get the darkcharge buff to keep it's armour at tanking levels.

Here's why they is so much cry over this nerf.

As a vanguard i can switch to dps stance and do massive dps but still be tough as nails. The assassin when he switchs to dps stance becomes paper.

This wasn't a problem for sins before cos they could stance dance very relently easily and had other op moves to use. However now that you've effictively locked us into a stance. you've locked yourself into a nice little imbalance.

Other tank classes can and will stance dance with little of no penalty.

Vanguard is a classic example of this. Look at the class bioware and you'll see i'm not wrong.

Even Bounty hunters agree that vanguards in berserker stance can do as much damage as mercs yet are almost as tough as normal tanks. This must scream imbalanced to you.

My point is that you tried to recreate some of the classes seen in wow and add some of you own unique twists to it. However the overall game balance of wow worked with stances cos all tanks wore heavy armour. In your case one of these tanks actually wears the lightest armour.

To balance this you have to either buff sins armour overall or simply penalise those tank classes that switch to dps stance. a 75% armour debuff seems fair. So people can have their cake and eat it. Until you correct this overall problem in your tank armour rating your always going to have sins coming last

If bioware copies anything else axcept PVE(and that only in small scale) their game will fail.

wow stands were it stands cause NO ONE tried hard to make a good pvp game and keep it for years.

they think that pve is the key and they are tottaly wrong.

EXAMPLE: everyone leaves WOW after a game is released and when they see that their PVP is fail they return to wow cause they know what theyll get at least. an unballanced pvp game with tons of easy mode pvp gear and tons of PVE that kills their real life.

and yes they prefer it cause they made patient.and there is ZERO patient for other games..

simple as that.

Agree with the op 200%.

Assassin DPS specs have average damage burst and really low survivability.

So any assassin that doesnt have a pocket healer all the time is specked Darkness (tanking) to get some survivability.

Even the ones that have a healer should/propably go Darkness due to the fact that can guard your healer and still the loss in DPS burst is not that high.

Its a broken tree system right now..

Edited by LordSete