Vindicator VS War Leader Armor

Sterlling

I dont see it as two different armor sets.

I only see the set effects being different.

The locked armor mod on both sets is the same. The mod and enchancement you can swap out to get the stats you want (from doubles).

So it's simply a matter of what set effects you prefer for your playstyle and which of the available stats suit you.

I personally have 2 vind. and 3 war leader pieces on me (although i keep thinking that perhaps the 4 vind. set effect might be more worth it) and have swapped out the mods/enhanc. so many times, I cant even remeber what the original armor pieces had in them :D

When I was at lower levels, 25-ish, i bought the level 40 Vindicator set. After, I hit level 40 and all the way up to 50, I crafted purple mods while collecting the champion def set.

The 40 Vindicator set (now level 50 cause I modded it out) is built with all crit/surg and it slays in mini games. When it crits, you can burn folks down pretty fast.

If I get into a tough match (or main tank with friends), I switch to Champion Defense gear and can kick *** by not dying.

I even have both Champion swords... DPS and Defense one. Switch only when I have too. It works for me and I don't have to waste time on the centurion gear.

Edited by Bambbamb

Rocket Science + Brain Surgery = Rocket Surgery

That is correct. Feel free to use this phrase in your everyday life. In fact, I encourage it!

Well then now my question becomes how many of you are modding for endurance and defense versus damage?

Personally I have now modded for endurance but im just curious to see how many of you have taken each route.

You really cant go wrong with endurance. On top of the Jugg's nice armor stack (Soresu form) you can really ignore defense if you want and focus on Power/Crit/Surge. This means you have alot of HP (intimidation factor when people target you and see 20k hp) without totally gimping your other stats. Be warned though, Endurance focus mods generally have less of the other stats.

You really only want to go heavy Defense if you TRULY want to be a brick wall with legs. This will cost you most of your Offensive capability. I advise this for PVE/Raid tanking only.

Armor / Endurance / Shield / Defense - Prioritize in that order to be tough as nails.

Armor and Endurance dont have caps/DR as far as I know so you can never have enough. Defense and Shield Rating have soft caps. For more on these use the search function as I am too lazy to do that right now.