What do you do in Real Life SWTOR player? And what class did you pick?

JohnExponent

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who am I?

I am about to take an informant course, which will hopefully enable me to travel around and talk about a subject close to my heart, in front of other people and such. With presentations!

Otherwise I am jobless.. Can being a guild-leader be a real life profession someday please? :3

What class did I pick?

- Human smuggler

Why?

- Rolling over the floor, shooting things in the face and doing it with a smirk?

Seems like my kind of thing, for a game at least ;)

I fix computers (and do a variety of other things) at a community center that helps immigrants, poor people, the elderly, and kids.

As for class, I chose to start with a Jedi Knight/Sentinel, but I don't think of this character as my main. Rather, I think of it as a starting off point. I plan on experiencing all four class stories on the Republic side. After I do that, I'll either experience all four stories on the Empire side, or if Bioware has added enough endgame content by then, I may go about selecting one of my characters as my main and go looking for a guild to join.

Who am I?

- I've been a stay at home mom since 1992 and a homeschooling mom since 2000. (This answer usually elicits yawns or dismissal in a gaming community, but it is what it is :) )

What class did I pick?

- I have a Sith Assassin and an Imperial Operative

Why?

- The Assassin: friends were making Sith and I decided to join them.

The Operative: being married to a guy in Intel for 21 years and having once been briefly Intel myself, I thought it would be interesting. I've stuck with her because I love the story and the class is a blast.

Edited by Lunazen

Firefighter/Paramedic

Spent several years in the US army 1/75th Ranger Regiment and the 101st air assault.

In Game Character is a Sith Assassian.

I liked the slave to imp hero storyline, the fact that he is an intelligent soldier and not just a killing machine. Stealth, doublebladed saber and force lightning for the win really.

• 2 weeks later...
Who am I?

- I've been a stay at home mom since 1992 and a homeschooling mom since 2000. (This answer usually elicits yawns or dismissal in a gaming community, but it is what it is :) )

What class did I pick?

- I have a Sith Assassin and an Imperial Operative

Why?

- The Assassin: friends were making Sith and I decided to join them.

The Operative: being married to a guy in Intel for 21 years and having once been briefly Intel myself, I thought it would be interesting. I've stuck with her because I love the story and the class is a blast.

Nice:)

Since we are random internet folks, I'm wondering what do others do in Real Life and why did you pick your specific class.

I work Asset Protection for Wal-Mart (I stop the shoplifters from leaving with our merchandise)

I chose the Bounty Hunter because I am a good wife. :p In the Beta Weekends, I fell in love with the IA storyline but the BH prologue was kinda meh to me. My husband also loved the IA storyline and since we were going to play our mains exclusively together, we decided it would be a pain in the arse if we did the same story at the same time. So I let him play the IA and I played a BH. Fortunately, I came to love the BH story as it went on. :p

Who am I?

21 year old unarmed Security Guard still tryin to figure out a way to get back in college.

What class did I pick?

Mercenary.

Assassin-alt

Why?

Healing. I played a Resto Shaman for 7 years, and Merc is the closest thing to that so I figured I would start with something familiar.

Assassin, I like Sith a lot (Darth Bane/Zannah fan, and now a proud owner of the Book of Sith :D) and the assassin playstyle looked like a lot of fun.

I work fulltime in IT as a Desktop Support Analyst which is just a fancy way of saying I get paid pretty well for taking other peoples cr@p all day... lol

My Characters:

Imperial Sith Inquisitor

Imperial Bounty Hunter

I love the versatility that the SI offers (altho BW needs to offer a dual wield saber option IMHO) and the Bounty Hunter in Marauder spec is just plain cool....

Edited by Niccali

What I do: I am a government lackey/minion. A small cog in the machine, if you will.

What class I play: My main character is a Jedi Knight. Sure I may be underpowered in this game, but I always liked the idea of being a hero; a defender of that which is good.

My primary alt is an Agent. Only because I want to see the Empire from a common human point of view, not a super powered villain.

Real World:

I make films and act.

TOR Class:

I've created a character in just about every class, primarily Jedi Sentinel though.

Why?:

Curiosity. I'm fascinated by all the different story lines. And Sentinel, cause it's star wars and you get to have a lightsaber...why not have two! :) I always play light side first in the old republic games cause I like getting that classic jedi hero feeling first.