Not all codex are equal

Sanduval

So now that I am 50, i thought, wouldn't it be fun to go fill out my codex. However, I am finding there are codex entries you can't get? For example.

According to my codex there are 6 lore entries for Korriban.

One of them is called "Sith Weapons"

I'm not going to be getting a lightsaber any time soon as an Agent, so how am i supposed to get this entry? Is this working as intended? Will i never fill the codex?

If this is the case, then chalk this up to another screw up.

to be honest I would love to have a shared codex through the legacy system... would save a lot of trouble and it would make filling codex easier

this is a cool idea. Consider that Legacy share exp (well all your characters contribute to the legacy exp) I am sure BioWare can make the system contribute to a "universal" codex :)

this is a cool idea. Consider that Legacy share exp (well all your characters contribute to the legacy exp) I am sure BioWare can make the system contribute to a "universal" codex :)

That would be a nice feature. I was trying to fill out my codex with my bounty hunter and realized the same thing as the OP when I hit up Korriban. Legacy codex sounds good to me!

• 2 weeks later...
So now that I am 50, i thought, wouldn't it be fun to go fill out my codex. However, I am finding there are codex entries you can't get? For example.

According to my codex there are 6 lore entries for Korriban.

One of them is called "Sith Weapons"

I'm not going to be getting a lightsaber any time soon as an Agent, so how am i supposed to get this entry? Is this working as intended? Will i never fill the codex?

If this is the case, then chalk this up to another screw up.

Even worse, the datacron codex entries are numbered, so you end up with gaps in the numbers. It's suppose to read as a chronicle, but there are missing entries. :(

Edited by Owsley

Even worse, the datacron codex entries are numbered, so you end up with gaps in the numbers. It's suppose to read as a chronicle, but there are missing entries. :(

I think the gaps in numbers are for the different factions. I know on my republic toons, the numbers aren't chronological. And on empire alts, they're different numbers for the starter planets and such. Of course, I would assume that ones that republic and empire can both get would be the same number/codex entry.

I think the gaps in numbers are for the different factions. I know on my republic toons, the numbers aren't chronological. And on empire alts, they're different numbers for the starter planets and such. Of course, I would assume that ones that republic and empire can both get would be the same number/codex entry.

Yeah, there are just quite a few datacrons one faction can't get as they are exclusive to the other one... at least the codex entry/missing pages, otherwise theyy are perfectly mirrored.

to be honest I would love to have a shared codex through the legacy system... would save a lot of trouble and it would make filling codex easier

This gets my vote too.

And talking about legacy, it would be nice if at least the legacy name would also be carried over to other servers you may have alts on (unless you regret the name you chose o.c. :p). I'm still the same player, with the same legacy, just on another server...