I Just Want to be a Wookiee

krimsonkrow

No, i watched every single line of dialog, 4 months ago.

You know they whole rush argument is really getting old.

Four months ago means you either completed it in December or January. So you either speed-ran through the class stories and ditched out the side quests or you spent an entire month playing nonstop.

Or you watched it all on Youtube.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four months ago means you either completed it in December or January. So you either speed-ran through the class stories and ditched out the side quests or you spent an entire month playing nonstop.

Or i just played the game at a normal pace in my holiday.

The game is not that long.....:rolleyes:

Edited by davidpop

well being realistic i think the races that will be added will only be races that mesh well with gear from the current races. so no wookiees

rodians, trandoshans, wee quey(sp?), ect. could all easily be added without much problem, well trandoshans wouldnt get boots and helmets but other than that its not a big deal.

pretty much any race that can wear player gear i can see as being playable. stuff like jawas, wookiees, ewoks, hutts. ect. wont be, they'd need customized gear models for their specific race and it'd just be too much work for very little pay off.

not to mention all these "exotic" races don't make any sense in context with any of the classes stories (a MAJOR focus of the game) a wookiee would only really work for bounty hunter and smuggler (don't link me anything about that facepalm-worthy wookiee jedi cus thats just goofy)

Some people played a lot, but I know several people that played ~8 hours a day (which isn't that much for a new MMORPG considering the hours some people put in) and were L50 in December whilst doing every single quest on the way.

The rushed argument is getting old, it really doesn't take that much /played to get a character to L50.

Or i just played the game at a normal pace in my holiday.

The game is not that long.....:rolleyes:

Dude we have a crap ton of content from 1-50. I started last month, I'm only level 20 and I JUST landed on Nar Shaddaa. Just got there and I mean I just landed on it when the server warning for the patch came on.

Honestly, what is a "normal pace" and how long was your holiday?

Dude we have a crap ton of content from 1-50. I started last month, I'm only level 20 and I JUST landed on Nar Shaddaa. Just got there and I mean I just landed on it when the server warning for the patch came on.

Honestly, what is a "normal pace" and how long was your holiday?

Well dude, then you do alot of standing around, or play 30mins aday.

I think i played a couple of hours aday, sometimes more, sometimes less, and it still didnt take that long to reach 50 and complet my class quest.

Granted i dont do every single bonus quest in the game, but they are just that, bonus quests.

Edited by davidpop

Well dude, then you do alot of standing around, or play 30mins aday.

I think i played a couple of hours aday, sometimes more, sometimes less, and it still didnt take that long to reach 50 and complet my class quest.

Granted i dont do every single bonus quest in the game, but they are just that, bonus quests.

Mmm, That's where we differed. I do the Bonus quests. I'm OCD like that. Play like three or four hours a night, depending if my laptop doesn't overheat.

i thought this thread was about playable wookiees not how much some dude played or how fast he leveled...

did i miss something?

People always play the rush card, when they dont really know how else to argue against something they for some reason dont want in the game, even if it would not affect they gaming in any form or fashion ;)

Mmm, That's where we differed. I do the Bonus quests. I'm OCD like that. Play like three or four hours a night, depending if my laptop doesn't overheat.

I know a guy like that, he also just stands around an awefull lot, and even he is 50 by now, really the game is not that long.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with taking your sweet time and turn every stone in the game, you are free to play any way you want, just dont play the rush card, it is getting annoying :)

i thought this thread was about playable wookiees not how much some dude played or how fast he leveled...

did i miss something?

Yeah, I don't know, seems convoluted.

One guy saying that he cant remember the story because he finished it 4 months ago and somehow adding wookiees will help him remember that story or the wookiee story would be more memorable to him 4 months after he finishes that one seems a leap to me as well.

Anyway, they stated several times in testing: if they were to add the more exotics/less near humans (emphasis on if), they wouldn't do it so you would just get a Wook, or a Trans BH, whatever. They would make it so that those particular species had their own story and therefore be a class unto themselves.

Which in this particular case doesn't solve the issue because the person sees their stories as too short and not memorable as it is. So why bother?

Anyway, adding a new class wont happen anytime soon. New MMOG's never do. They have their hands full with enough stuff like bugs, balance, and adding features.

Edited by Scar

I can probably get a DPS class to L20 in 2 or 3 days of your daily play time, doing every single quest, quest bonus and extra quests.

Fair enough I've been through the zones a few times so I know what efficient.

Still I'd like to do it again on a Wookie(e)!

I want to play a Jawa and a Trandoshan.Wookies are not a priority but i would like to play Wookie at some point too.

If you can play a Sith Jedi it is not so far fetched is it?

You can't play a Sith Jedi - you're either a sith or a jedi. (DS/LS have nothing to do with either). It's like saying you can play a Republic Imperial. (Hmmmm, I'm gonna run for President and tell everyone I'm a Democratic Republican....)

And BW has already stated you'll never be able to play a race that can't speak Basic. (so no Wookies, no Jawas, no Trandoshan.

I don't see why Wookies couldn't speak Basic (Or at leastspeak basic through a translator). I'd love to play as a wookie. Of course, Armor would have to be modified to fit them.

And BW has already stated you'll never be able to play a race that can't speak Basic. (so no Wookies, no Jawas, no Trandoshan.)

That's like saying Mexicans Can't learn English simply because it is not their native language.

Edited by Sporetox

I want to play a Jawa and a Trandoshan.Wookies are not a priority but i would like to play Wookie at some point too.

If you can play a Sith Jedi it is not so far fetched is it?

there are sith purebloods who are jedi in the game already, like as NPCs. sith purebloods who got redeemed or wahtever, makes perfect sense.

i REALLY hope jawas never become playable. that would just be annoying and stupid. it'd be jumping the shark just like that panda x-pack for WoW is.

it'd be immersion breaking and would ruin the game experience for me if i see a bunch of kids running about as "****** jawa jedis". the atmosphere would be ruined