Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Proof this is the BEST mmo ever

DragonAgeOrgins

according to the hate machine

LFG Hate Machine!

Good to see the game winning accolades - well done BW.

For myself, I love the game. Pre-release I had thousands of forum posts on public and beta forums. Since release I think I posted less than 10 times - too busy enjoying the game.

Speaking of which...

Ta ta!

SWTOR will continue to Win awards , it is a a good game and I hope it forces all other MMO's to start making more story driven games. I hope it changes everything for the future of MMO's.

The other MMO's are already story driven games. It's not their fault if you're not reading the dialogue.

As for the topic at hand: how does winning an award for one year prove it's the best MMO EVER?

All the reviews are good for this game because the reviewers didn't get the chance to see how craptastic end game is. Buggy bosses, broken quests that keeps breaking every day, broken skills, broken pvp, and the list goes on and on.

Casuals and bad players love this game tho. No surprise there.

ya know, the haters who get up in arms over bugs amuse me, has a MMO ever launched without bugs?

Actually it has won three GOTY so far but according to the hate machine none of them count, and every time TOR wins another one that won't count either.

So unbiased. :rolleyes:

Weren't like 2/3 GOTY awards awarded in like... 2009... you know, before the game came out?

ya know, the haters who get up in arms over bugs amuse me, has a MMO ever launched without bugs?

If the bugs weren't so game breaking, then I can forgive it. It must be so fun to win 15 WZ matches and only have 4 of them count. Or how about the last boss in KP drop nothing but a mod and a schematic in NM mode. How about the daily quests on illum that never works. Or the daily on belsavis that you can only get at night time.

Oh you're right they're working on it and it will be fix, just like the dozens of other bugs that they said they fixed in the previous 3 patches but it's still not fix. Go roll more alts please.

If the bugs weren't so game breaking, then I can forgive it. It must be so fun to win 15 WZ matches and only have 4 of them count. Or how about the last boss in KP drop nothing but a mod and a schematic in NM mode. How about the daily quests on illum that never works. Or the daily on belsavis that you can only get at night time.

Oh you're right they're working on it and it will be fix, just like the dozens of other bugs that they said they fixed in the previous 3 patches but it's still not fix. Go roll more alts please.

Define Game breaking.

To me its where you can not progress past a certain point in a game. You are stuck. You cannot do anything to further your character. You have to wait until it gets fixed.

Those ones you listed above are not any where near game breaking. IMO

Those are bugs. Bugs BioWare has been working on, have you seen the list of bugs they have already fixed in less than 2 months? Pretty good imo compared to any other newly released MMO's.

/shrug

Add in BioWare's signature dialogue trees and the element of choice, and we've become fully immersed in SWTOR unlike any MMO before it.

This reviewer lost all credability with that line, and also has obviously not played very far.

Has anyone seen these fabled dialogue trees or element of choice?

Mine are always the same no matter what I choose. I think the ONLY ones i seen with any impact are the 'Let em Live or Die" Light/Dark choices and we never see ANY of those characters again regardless. (I lie, if you let the captain of the Black Talon live he is there in the next scene, zomg!).

Choices seem to have 0 effect on how the story plays out. Anyone found different?

Define Game breaking.

To me its where you can not progress past a certain point in a game. You are stuck. You cannot do anything to further your character. You have to wait until it gets fixed.

Those ones you listed above are not any where near game breaking. IMO

Those are bugs. Bugs BioWare has been working on, have you seen the list of bugs they have already fixed in less than 2 months? Pretty good imo compared to any other newly released MMO's.

/shrug

Hmm lets see, Soa lightning balls doing over 19k dmg in NM. That's right I know how much dmg it's doing because I die with full hp and a shield when I eat a lightning ball. This always happens for us in NM and the few times we've been lucky to get past phase 2 without any bugs, we get our *** handed to us by more bugs in phase 3. Is this not game breaking enough?

How about having 12 vs 10 in a WZ? Not game breaking enough for you? Bosses spawning twice the number of adds they should be spawning. Spending countless hours in WZ only to have most of that time spent not getting credit for the win. Can't battle rez someone during a boss fight because the skill doesn't work and we wipe with the boss having 1-3% hp left. Not game breaking at all.

You obviously haven't seen the list of broken contents bioware have been making us beta test for the past month. Ya I've seen the list of bugs BW has already fix, only that most of those bugs aren't actually fixed! How blind do you have to be to not understand that. I even said it in the last post. Seriously go roll more alts.

Massively.com which is a blog dedicated to news/articles about MMOs held its on awards which were decided by their staff.

They awarded SWTOR with "Game of the Year 2011" which was a shock to me since it only had been out for 12 days and had beaten competitors like Rift who had a strong presence that year.

Now they won an award from a legit (more or less) business? Its hype has gone into obsession mode. It has not proven itself to be anything yet. In fact the only thing it has proven to this point is that it can launch...which is nothing special cause other MMOs have been launching for decades.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.