How to do more damage [???]

Athred

Am a lvl 48 madness sorc , and all the time in the wz I see this lvl 15's dropping some 2k dmg on me and 900 on melee, the max I can pull is 2k with my death field, what am I doing wrong? Should I buy some adrenals or steems? My gear is the right lvl with good mods. Any recomendations with the rotations maybe? I take any advice.

Build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZf0MZfrbRorkrfz.1

i went with the 28 mad/13 light spec and love it and do more damage than when i was full madness.

But for the lower levels dropping the damage they are, remember they are buffed up to the max level of the WZ, therefore they will be doingthe same or more.

full madness is just fine, dont give up hope

keep trucking at madness and find your way. eventually there gonna kill off all hybrids and when they do all these people using hybrids wont have a clue how to play the class

that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If you really want to do more damage (especially in pvp), go hybrid spec

this is what I personally use:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfczzdRzZcrcRsMkR.1

First thing you need to know is Sorcerer has the lowest burst of any DPS class, its by design.

Second is Madness is a DoT based build and the DoT's hurt, really hurt if you do it right.

The class revolves control and lots of it!

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zfc0rzMrZcMcRsrzb.1

Above is a build I like but I am also sure many people will not like it. It revolves around getting all the PvP control talents I want and whats left goes to DPS.

0/19/22

Having faced many Battlemaster Marauders/Juggernauts/Assassins/Operatives I got fed up of being constantly trained and destroyed by melee as 31 Madness, so I went 31 Lightning but the burst of our 31 is CRAP and Affliction just sucks because any one wit half a brain dispels self and team.

Keep my build in mind and now think what happens if I meet you, your DoTs are useless, I dispel them, I lock you out 2sec more and mu WW+Stun is up before yours as well as my Force Speed is also up sooner.

Marauder/Juggernaut/Operative/Assassin any of those with over 17k HP I move into defensive mode and never go offensive until they have used key CD's.

Above is a build I like but I am also sure many people will not like it. It revolves around getting all the PvP control talents I want and whats left goes to DPS.

0/19/22

It's actually considered one of the standard PvP builds for Sorcs, though the build usually takes Exsanguinate and Lightning Spire (for extra range on Chain Lightnings) rather than Electric Induction, since Force is rarely an issue in PvP, particularly for a spec with both Sith Efficacy and Lightning Effusion.

could you post the build?

I will post my 0/13/28 build since he did not. It is a 'glass cannon' build because you don't have Electric Bindings or Backlash but it is the highest DPS build out there when played correctly.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZdcMMdZcMcRsrkrc.1

Over your current build you gain:

Chain Lightning (use on wrath procs, huge damage)

Lightning Barrage (more wrath procs and more FL damage)

20% better shield

6% more CL/CD damage

Sith Efficacy (this is huge, you need this with any FL build!!!!)

Chain Shock is optional if you want to keep Oppressing Force.

Also pick up Biochem if you want to do some serious damage.

For gear you should try to focus on crit/surge and avoid alacrity when possible since that really only helps FL.

It's actually considered one of the standard PvP builds for Sorcs, though the build usually takes Exsanguinate and Lightning Spire (for extra range on Chain Lightnings) rather than Electric Induction, since Force is rarely an issue in PvP, particularly for a spec with both Sith Efficacy and Lightning Effusion.

I took it for the 10sec Force Speed and the force bit is icing on the cake so I can spam my 1.5sec heal and still have enough juice to play.

Exsanguinate: I don't use Affliction, not only is it wasted on skilled players/teams as its dispelled it seems/feels like I'm better off doing other things.

Affliction is what I cast when moving or target is about to LoS while I have nothing better to cast -which includes snare and/or dispel/heal.

I took it for the 10sec Force Speed and the force bit is icing on the cake so I can spam my 1.5sec heal and still have enough juice to play.

Exsanguinate: I don't use Affliction, not only is it wasted on skilled players/teams as its dispelled it seems/feels like I'm better off doing other things.

Affliction is what I cast when moving or target is about to LoS while I have nothing better to cast -which includes snare and/or dispel/heal.

Lmao wow. well thats problem number one...

If your target doesn't have affliction on your doing it wrong.

Affliction is instant and cheap. put it on EVERYTHING.

In Voidstar i can put on 8 afflictions in like 5 seconds lmao...well more like 12-20 depending on cluster and movement but 5 sounds cooler XP

Lmao wow. well thats problem number one...

If your target doesn't have affliction on your doing it wrong.

Affliction is instant and cheap. put it on EVERYTHING.

In Voidstar i can put on 8 afflictions in like 5 seconds lmao...well more like 12-20 depending on cluster and movement but 5 sounds cooler XP

Unless its specifically to stop planting bombs I find it a waste. I rather use that global to WW, snare, dispel self and team, pull a team member, drop AE, use AE, Stun, force speed to other door...

All the while trying to bait players away from the flock and send them to grave one by one so when they rez they come back one by one!

You want to alt+affliction LMAO.