Which classes give you a hard time 1v1?

dreadkhan

As a pyrotech, the only trouble I have in 1v1's are smart healers (primarily merc healers). Because I revolve around the use of dots to whittle them down, one cure sets me back a full rotation. I have to either get them by surprise, or hope that my electro dart is up to interrupt. But seriously, if we had a legit interrupt, it would be a glorious day.

Edit:

My build

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZcGrbzGGMs.1

Edited by Cheenis

I find a good Mara / Jedi equivalent, give me almost the most trouble, assassin / shadow are next since the inturrupts can be a pain but with good movement you should be fine.

Juggs / guardians can burst me well, sorcs and snipers are ez for me, ops can be a pain but they're not as much anymore.

As a pyro, Heal specced anything can be tough, other than that, prolly operatives and marauders/sentinals, the former stun lock me and i can barely get a hit on them, the latter just win the dps race on me.

Classes don't give me trouble; good players do.

Then perhaps i should rephrase,

As a merc i seem to do very, very well in group pvp, but i notice i lose alot of isolated 1v1 fights. is this a L2P or is merc weak in 1v1 and strong in group?

As an arsenal merc I never have any difficulty with sorcs or ops 1v1.

Sorcs are squishy enough so that once you get past their shields tracer missiles will have them running away in a few seconds.

For ops just remember that jet boost takes them out of stealth. If you think one is nearby, jet boost/dfa/scan. If you get them out of stealth they have no chance. If they stab you in the back while at full health use determination followed by jet boost and then just burn them down.

To go up against melee dps just use you're knockbacks and you're usual rotation and you will outdps them (jumping backwards while firing heatseaker and rail shot helps*

Against healers just use you're normal pve rotation and you will see their health slowly go down and they will eventually run away.

Assassins give me the most problems. Save you're cooldowns for them. Hit them away with knockbacks and it should be a close fight.

Hope this helps.

Sorcs are squishy enough so that once you get past their shields tracer missiles will have them running away in a few seconds.

For ops just remember that jet boost takes them out of stealth. If you think one is nearby, jet boost/dfa/scan. If you get them out of stealth they have no chance. If they stab you in the back while at full health use determination followed by jet boost and then just burn them down.

To go up against melee dps just use you're knockbacks and you're usual rotation and you will outdps them (jumping backwards while firing heatseaker and rail shot helps*

Against healers just use you're normal pve rotation and you will see their health slowly go down and they will eventually run away.

Assassins give me the most problems. Save you're cooldowns for them. Hit them away with knockbacks and it should be a close fight.

Hope this helps.

This is very helpful,

I would appreciate the same insight from pyro if anyone would care to share

Classes don't give me trouble; good players do.

This^^^^^^^ If you they know their class and the strengths and weaknesses and how to play it then they are a huge pain. Mercs can survive against any class as long as you know how to play your class.

Hope this helps.

There is no point to getting out of the hidden strike stun anymore, it's only 1.5s and doesn't fill the resolve bar to full like it used to. Wait for the 4s stun or their flash bang to fill your resolve first.

This is very helpful,

I tried pyro, though it has its dps benefits in 1v1 its a hard tree for a drawn out fight and very little in the skill tree to help manage heat. Arsenal gives you areas to put points in to help manage heat like fluting etc.

Stack 5 tracer missles and hit them with a rail shot and depending on how they are geared you will take 55-70% of their health and not have sent your heat bar to more then half. Squishies don't survive this barrage at all. Most you have enough heat to finish them off with unload or missles which ever you prefer. Works great for me, my BH is at the top of the list in warzones for damage and I win 75% of my 1v1 fights.

I am a pyro... the only class that gives me trouble is the arsenal merc because they just out dps me and I don't have interrupts. I think Pyro is the best PvP for a few reasons. First all your stuff is instant so you never need to stop moving and when you do you just unload. Second, people tend to not focus on you as much because you look like you throwing pebbles at them. When arsenal merc attacks people tend to answer because a small detonator is a lot less noticable than say 4-6 missiles with fancy smoke effects :) Same goes for tracer missiles. Also your blasters do a hell of a lot of damage and if you die you still usually take out the other person because your dots do lots of damage. All in all I think pyro merc is pretty awesome.

This is very helpful,

In a 1v1 as a pyro you not only have an unexpected burst dmg potential, you also have a pretty good snare for kiting. I cant tell you how many players died chasing me when i ran away after my initial burst and just spammed rapid shots to keep the dot and snare rolling.

^^ What he said.

Sure, w/ pyro the initial burst isnt anywhere near as potent as an arsenal merc, but that's not the point of pyro.

Starting with rapid fire, TD, incendiary missile, railshot, missile blast, rapid fire, unload (hope for proc on railshot), railshot, rapid fire, powershot (hope for proc) and so on. I like to hit TSO and power surge to fire a fusion missile for additional dps. While using this rotation, I'm jumping around, strafing, basically kiting my opponent (thanks to sweltering heat, like others have mentioned above); essentially, you want to stay out of melee range, while still provoking them and applying your dots / TD.

When they do realize they're fighting a losing battle and decide to flee, you're good friend (TD along w/ all your other dots) will wish them a pleasant goodbye as they turn a corner and blow up.

The beauty of playing pyro lies in the remaining 30% of your opponents life (thats when your dots really shine and do 30% more dmg).

As stated earlier, healers (primarily merc healers) give me the most trouble. Applying my rotation can usually bring them down to 1/2 if not 3/4 down their hp, but if they cure / stun me / heal while doing so, that's about it. He's racking up the healing points, while I'm racking up damage, but there's no net gain. W/ a properly timed electro dart, the odds of winning the fight are improved significantly, but if they trinket out, no dice.

I love going up against arsenal mercs. If LOS is in you're favor, there is no reason why you should lose. Simply apply all of your instant skills while strafing between cover and his los. If you dont have cover, then you still apply the same rotation, but try to stun him / knock him back to interrupt. You win some you lose some.

After discoverying pyro, i can't go back to arsenal. I can respect it for what it is, I love the debuff when applied to raid mobs, but I don't like being glued to one spot.

Edited by Cheenis