What exactly does the 15% Expertise buff do?

Kokkos

As title, what exactly does it do.

Does it increase the expertise you allready have by 15% (doubt that, since only lvl 50 have expertise).

Does it give you 15% Expertise, aka 15% dmg/dmg reduction/healing?

Also, If it increase dmg by 15% then it is a much bigger dmg increase then a Raktata adrenal isnt it? Does it increase dmg before or after the bonus dmg from a power Relic is added?

another misinformed person

you do know you can get expertise at level 46 pvp weapons right? possibly even 42 if memory serves me right.

back to the drawing board for you

ok, i just remembered about the lower lvl pvp weapons. You have anything to help my actual question tho?

another misinformed person

Misinformed? The OP is actually framing his post as a question! Of course he's misinformed, and it seems he realises it.

What an awful attitude and tone to take to a legitmate post.

To the OP - I'm not sure whether the 15% requries existing expertise or not. I never checked when I was beneath 50.

Edited by piethief

As title, what exactly does it do.

Does it increase the expertise you allready have by 15% (doubt that, since only lvl 50 have expertise).

Does it give you 15% Expertise, aka 15% dmg/dmg reduction/healing?

Also, If it increase dmg by 15% then it is a much bigger dmg increase then a Raktata adrenal isnt it? Does it increase dmg before or after the bonus dmg from a power Relic is added?

It increases your expertise by an additional 15%. Expertise is a stat for pvp and I believe it reduces damage from other players and increases the damage you do. So if you have 0 expertise and you get the pvp buff you now have 15%, if you have 5% you now have 20%...at least this is how I believe it works.

Also I do remember people with high amounts of expertise would get the pvp buff and the adrena. This would lead to them annihilating others.

i dont know.. have u tried popping one them opening up your character screen and checking on the tabs?
Yes, and thus my suspicion that the pvp buff is better then the adrenal buff. However, power might affect different attacks differently. Also, the expertise is not added to the dmg on the char-screen. Was hoping a math-master would have any insight on this.

I know expertise is added after talent increase to dmg, is the power relic affected by it, or is that added after expertise etc..

It increases your expertise by an additional 15%. Expertise is a stat for pvp and I believe it reduces damage from other players and increases the damage you do. So if you have 0 expertise and you get the pvp buff you now have 15%, if you have 5% you now have 20%...at least this is how I believe it works.

Also I do remember people with high amounts of expertise would get the pvp buff and the adrena. This would lead to them annihilating others.

Indeed, but now that that is no longer possible it would be intresting to find out what incrased dmg most, the pvp expertise buff or the adrenal (i mean the expertise adrenal). Except that the expertise adrenal last longer ofc.

Yes, and thus my suspicion that the pvp buff is better then the adrenal buff. However, power might affect different attacks differently. Also, the expertise is not added to the dmg on the char-screen. Was hoping a math-master would have any insight on this.

I know expertise is added after talent increase to dmg, is the power relic affected by it, or is that added after expertise etc..

It gives 15% Bonus Expertise. The dmg doesn't show on your character screen as "dmg x 1.15%" But under the PvP tab on your character screen. Once you pop it, you will see it go from 0% to 15% under that tab. It does work even without expertise since its a flat amount. That being said, it means that any other buff works WITH it (like the power from relics), but you cannot use another adrenal with it.

Edit : The PvP adrenal and the buff are the exact same thing. It is worth making the detour to get it, and also pop your adrenals when they are already taken or to chain them. I try to always be buffed.

Also, having the buff plus most classes defensive cooldowns can easily let you 1v3 people.

Edited by MatAuc

It gives 15% Bonus Expertise. The dmg doesn't show on your character screen as "dmg x 1.15%" But under the PvP tab on your character screen. Once you pop it, you will see it go from 0% to 15% under that tab. It does work even without expertise since its a flat amount. That being said, it means that any other buff works WITH it (like the power from relics), but you cannot use another adrenal with it.
Just realized that what is a bigger buff totally depends on the gear of the person as well. 380 power is not the same % incrase to dmg for for people on different gear lvls.

At least since the expertise adrenal adds a flat 15% and not rating then its not affected by diminishing returns.. Except that it dont actually increase dmg by 15% if you allready have expertise.

If you have 10% expertise allready, 1000dmg X 1.10 = 1100dmg... Compared to getting the buff, 1000dmg X 1.25 = 1250dmg, that is not a 15% buff anymore..