The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maximising Rail Shot

Talon_Starfire

This thread has me wanting to just mess around a bit since my respec reset.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhMbdGhMM.1

Is what i'm going with.

I live off of TD Crits (4k+ at times is nothing to frown about) but man, the Aim increase alone will make it pretty funny to get high rail shot crits (With trinkets/adrenals/fuel I maxed out at 5.6k so far with stat buff from what..inqs?) -- (Using BM Weapon with 4 piece pve combat tech bonus)

Give me something to play around with before going back to my regular pyro build.

Wonder how close to 6k I can get.

It's pretty trollsy.

Yes. I definitely recommend Infrared Sensors. That talent will save your life.

Deguass saves your life more as you will most likely die if you get jumped by two enemies and have no way to break snares if your stun breaker is on CD.

Stealth Detection still falls behind the +3 stealth level that stealth classes get.

And stealth scan is still a good ability to use.

But then again if you are not that Energy rebounder, deguass doesn't benefit as much.

Deguass saves your life more as you will most likely die if you get jumped by two enemies and have no way to break snares if your stun breaker is on CD.

Stealth Detection still falls behind the +3 stealth level that stealth classes get.

And stealth scan is still a good ability to use.

But then again if you are not that Energy rebounder, deguass doesn't benefit as much.

So I take it you disagree with Taugrim when he says "Infrared Sensors (Nightvision Scope) should be skipped for PVE. For PVP, this provides not only better Stealth San capability but also increased avoidance against melee and ranged attacks (but not against Force or Tech attacks), and it is the best choice for the last 2 points to get to 15 to open up the 4th tier of the tree

Degauss should be skipped for PVE. For PVP, Degauss adds a root/snare-breaking effect to Energy Shield (Reactive Shield) which is situationally useful. That being said, my experience is that Infrared Sensors (Nightvision Scope) provides better utility in PVP, so I take that talent over Degauss to open up the 4th tier of the tree"

So I take it you disagree with Taugrim when he says "Infrared Sensors (Nightvision Scope) should be skipped for PVE. For PVP, this provides not only better Stealth San capability but also increased avoidance against melee and ranged attacks (but not against Force or Tech attacks), and it is the best choice for the last 2 points to get to 15 to open up the 4th tier of the tree

Degauss should be skipped for PVE. For PVP, Degauss adds a root/snare-breaking effect to Energy Shield (Reactive Shield) which is situationally useful. That being said, my experience is that Infrared Sensors (Nightvision Scope) provides better utility in PVP, so I take that talent over Degauss to open up the 4th tier of the tree"

The +2% is minor (not gonna help against Tech and Force which are most attacks) and the stealth detection is very situational as it only has effect on stealthers, ok fine which are common.

But Degauss is great for being able to survive getting slowed down by one guy while 2 other opponents attack you leading to your inevitable death. Breaking the slow lets you run a bit further hopefully to your teammates who can hopefully help you out. It also has synergy with Energy Rebounder.

We got not other movement breaker than Determination but that shnould be saved for a nasty stun.

For PVE I guess I'd rather take the extra endurance it doesn't really matter much at all.

Edited by The_Beastwood

The stealth detection is pretty close to mandatory now. If you doubt it, try it, you will be amazed at how often you can spot them.

Get quick with stealth scan, and you may never be jumped again. As long as you are always moving, and never sit still, you really will spot them.