Warzones against lowbies is hilarious

Gankdalf_

I had this lvl 22 guy beating on me for about 4 minutes, he hardly touched me then I casually just murdered him with one rotation. It's like twinkling in wow, wish u got no xp, I could do this all day.

Anybody who mentiones a "rotation" in PvP is a noob. Just thought you should know that.

Why is that? i have a very specific rotation of abilities i use to maximimize my dps...

The reason is because pvp is very situational and you cant fight every fight the same way. In pve there may be one rotation you use every time that works but in pvp you may need to not do your "omg dmg!!" attack in order to stop a heal or knock back enemies from your own healers. I also cant speak for all classes but being a sin the things I do depends on what procs I get. Each fight for me is different. I agree you can have a very loose rotation that is a general idea but if you approach every fight with "1 1 2 4 1 1 2 4" you will never be doing the best that you can.

The reason is because pvp is very situational and you cant fight every fight the same way. In pve there may be one rotation you use every time that works but in pvp you may need to not do your "omg dmg!!" attack in order to stop a heal or knock back enemies from your own healers. I also cant speak for all classes but being a sin the things I do depends on what procs I get. Each fight for me is different. I agree you can have a very loose rotation that is a general idea but if you approach every fight with "1 1 2 4 1 1 2 4" you will never be doing the best that you can.

ive got a very specific rotation, 1 2 1 2 2 2 3 4 5... if i encounter something thats situational i use my required abilities for that situation.. wether it be a knock back, a stun or an interupt..

Having prepared way to enter a fight does not make a person a noob...

Rotations speak not of preparation for PvP, but more of a rigidity and inability to react often encountered in PvE Heroes stepping into the PvP world.

Usually following their foray into PvP, there ensues a series of posts screaming imbalance of some kind.

An indelicate turn of phrase, that seems to nicely summarize this vexing situation is 'baddie bad.'

ive got a very specific rotation, 1 2 1 2 2 2 3 4 5... if i encounter something thats situational i use my required abilities for that situation.. wether it be a knock back, a stun or an interupt..

Having prepared way to enter a fight does not make a person a noob...

Because PvP is based on a priority system. Players aren't bosses that are being tanked where you can stick to a series of linked moves with any kid of success. You may have to pop a defensive CD, you may have to throw out a CC, switch targets, use LoS (positioning) and multitudes of other variables that will never allow a static rotation. I understand that all these things can and typically do happen in a raid encounter, but never as quickly or as often as during heated pvp.

What do you do when you are 1 2 1 2 2 into your rotation and the player CC's you and runs around the corner. Now you have a Mara up your butt and one or more of your rotation abilities is on CD? I'm sure you don't run around in circles waiting for everything to come off of CD so you can 1 2 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 in precise order.... or do you?

... and I was being a bit facetious with the OP - bragging about being OP against lowbies in the 10-49 bracket would be like me bragging about killing a fresh 50 in quest gear in the 50's bracket... both signs that the person is either new to MMO's or very young, tossed in with the way he used "rotation" = noob. imo

edit: I can't wait for macro support - and I hope they allow /castsequence type macros. It's going to be fun watching people try to use this type of setup to PvP with in a competitive venue (when rated become viable).

Edited by Rasstavad

When up against someone in a bg 20 levels below me I have a rotation, it begins with my left ear on the left side of the keyboard and ends with my right ear on the right side of the keyboard, the middle bit is a rotation of my face. Edited by Gankdalf_

Depends on the class, less of the elitism. I know for a fact sorcs have one rotation & it involves force lightning.

I wish I could like your post. I completely agree with you. Obviously, the OP engaged in a trivial conflict that did not require him to detour from the optimized button mashing order for his particular class.

Whether or not he would were a situation to call for it, that is another story.

I had this lvl 22 guy beating on me for about 4 minutes, he hardly touched me then I casually just murdered him with one rotation. It's like twinkling in wow, wish u got no xp, I could do this all day.

Yeah, it's really funny. And they always try so hard :)

Rotations speak not of preparation for PvP, but more of a rigidity and inability to react often encountered in PvE Heroes stepping into the PvP world.

Usually following their foray into PvP, there ensues a series of posts screaming imbalance of some kind.

An indelicate turn of phrase, that seems to nicely summarize this vexing situation is 'baddie bad.'

Someone discovered dictionary.com