Jedi Sentinel PVE Tree

Repulsionas

Focus is really for PVP.

Your only real options are

Combat - I leveled with this till about 42 then switched to Watchman. Currently slighty less dps than Watchman, unless someone has figured it out.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/sentinel/#::efe7fe3f2e5f9ef4ef17efef4

Watchman - Usually referred to as the burn tree this is currently the choice most make for PVE.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/sentinel/#::f2e2f4ef5ef6e3fe5fe4fe3f20

personally I prefer Combat, but this is because I chose it first and don't feel like changing to Watchman (I just can't give up Ataru Form...) and I know Focus is more for pvp

in the end they're all equally difficult to play, so it's mostly up to you

personally I prefer Combat, but this is because I chose it first and don't feel like changing to Watchman (I just can't give up Ataru Form...) and I know Focus is more for pvp

in the end they're all equally difficult to play, so it's mostly up to you

this for me. i love combat and i try watchmn like 3 times a a week. and i just cant get get used to it.

The Watchman spec that someone said was the correct spec, is definitely not correct.

Zen is 100% crit, and with centering, it's almost always up. You don't need to talent for crits.

Second--Rotation:

Force leap (and in mid leap or right as you leap, Overload Saber), Force Sweep, Zealous Strike, Cauterize, Merciless Slash, then anything that's up. I usuall go force stasis/Master strike, and throw in a Slash or strike for good measure depending on my level of focus in my bar.

Edited by Deelow

I'm all for watchman, or even combat I lvled it 10-50. But I've heard focus is really good and I can see why, you get the big burst for those 4 pull mobs and not bad damage on regular bosses. I would give focus a try honestly.

I used Focus at 50 for a bit and while it works solo if you enter an organised group it can ruin things, because your best dps is an aoe tanks can't always keep up with your group threat generation which is bad news in a HC 4 let alone a Hm or op

I used Focus at 50 for a bit and while it works solo if you enter an organised group it can ruin things, because your best dps is an aoe tanks can't always keep up with your group threat generation which is bad news in a HC 4 let alone a Hm or op

I never meant use it in flashpoints and ops, that's a bad idea. But for lvling I think it wouldn't be that bad can almost one shot a lot of the mobs in big pulls with that big damage on the elites that you have to fight for main quest.

Just learn to watch your AoE, and problem solved.

I regularly play as a Balance Shadow, who's AoE is *much* bigger than Force Sweep, and have no problems with CC'ed mobs around. Just have to know your limitations, and be careful.

My biggest problem with Focus spec on my Sent was the fact the spike damage would almost always bring me aggro. Which is something you don't necessarily want to do against a flashpoint or operation boss mob....

But for PvE levelling? It's perfectly fine.

Yes, Focus is known as a popular PvP spec due to the high burst damage, but for PvE it's also a completely fine spec.

Force Leap, Stasis/Exhaustion, Sweep, Zealous Strike, unleash everything else you have until Stasis/Exhaustion is back up, at which point you Zealous Leap and rinse/repeat.