The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lock framerate?

deleterguy

• 6 years later...
Hey guys, anyone knows of a way to lock your framerate to a specific number?

Thanks!

In settings, go to Graphics tab (or interface, don't remember). There is a slider to adjust framerate.

In settings, go to Graphics tab (or interface, don't remember). There is a slider to adjust framerate.

It's the Graphics tab, but there is no slider. You can adjust Refresh Rate and Frame rate only in a few discrete steps to match your monitors refresh rate, (You'd probably need to set Vsync on to maintain the fixed rate, but I don't know for sure.)

You can only set the max allowable frame rate. The frame rate you actually get is limited to what your Graphics Card's GPU can do.

There is NO forced frame rate. Only Max Frame rate.

Setting VSync will lock to your Monitors Refresh Rate, usually 60 or 120Hz but it will not force your GPU to those frame rates if the GPU can not create the number of frames per scone to equal that amount.... period. Sorry

You can only set the max allowable frame rate. The frame rate you actually get is limited to what your Graphics Card's GPU can do.

There is NO forced frame rate. Only Max Frame rate.

Setting VSync will lock to your Monitors Refresh Rate, usually 60 or 120Hz but it will not force your GPU to those frame rates if the GPU can not create the number of frames per scone to equal that amount.... period. Sorry

I use nvidia profile inspector, which exposes more functionality on the card than either the card's own control panel or the game client, and I set the max frame rate at 55 frames per second, which has nothing to do with the 60 frames per second of my 60-hz monitor, and I can set it far lower than that if I wanted. nVidia inspector also can control anti-aliasing, change shadowing, disable ambient occlusion (enhanced shadows) even if it's turned on the game, all sorts of things.

Edited by xordevoreaux