Ever since the new lvl 50 bracket, 0 lvl 50 warzones on low pop server

Samuridoom

Ever since the new bracket; not enough lvl 50s on the server to have a lvl 50 warzone. no end in sight of this lack of pvp because there are barely any new lvl 50s. not enough time to lvl another char on another server. i wonder if this is a problem on any other low population servers. its getting frusterating.

its just a case of waiting, you got to endgame fast. alot are alot slower at lvling and chose to lvl slower. sooner or later the majority will be lvl 50 and thus then problem solved.

That's not at all the case.

On decently populated servers there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of 50's queuing.

On low populated servers, at times there isn't even a dozen.

As a reroller, I know this.

My old server, The Razor - "Standard" during prime time - not always even ONE warzone going on, and rarely 55+ total 50's online at once.

New server, a heavy one from like 10 am it's time until like 3 am it's time, at "Heavy" there are over 350 50's online at once.

It has nothing to do with leveling speed, and everything to do with server population.

This is one of the issues that merging servers would fix.

The problem is they turned on too many servers too late.

Another problem is that on every server (please tell me if you know differently), the Imps outnumber the Repubs on a massive scale.

I'd pay a few bucks to transfer all my toons to Empire toons just so I'd have have my characters (yes I've started some Imp toons on my server). Wish they'd do something about server populations and faction numbers.

That's not at all the case.

On decently populated servers there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of 50's queuing.

On low populated servers, at times there isn't even a dozen.

As a reroller, I know this.

My old server, The Razor - "Standard" during prime time - not always even ONE warzone going on, and rarely 55+ total 50's online at once.

New server, a heavy one from like 10 am it's time until like 3 am it's time, at "Heavy" there are over 350 50's online at once.

It has nothing to do with leveling speed, and everything to do with server population.

no what you stated has everything todo with people arnt q'ing for pvp warzones. so is that a case of pvp gear making it impossible for people to get into pvp as a fresh 50 or something else.

i suspect that its the gear issue on that case which bioware are already addressing, but the fact remains that when the majority are lvl 50 there will be a bigger pool of players who want and like pvp and have chosen a main.

Server merging WILL NOT happen. A battle cross server system is being implemented to fix the issues.

I would not be suprised if merges don't happen.

However, they really need to happen.

Playing on a low population server, quite simply, sucks.

no what you stated has everything todo with people arnt q'ing for pvp warzones. so is that a case of pvp gear making it impossible for people to get into pvp as a fresh 50 or something else.

i suspect that its the gear issue on that case which bioware are already addressing, but the fact remains that when the majority are lvl 50 there will be a bigger pool of players who want and like pvp and have chosen a main.

That's all true, as well.

But right now there are servers which never hit 50 online 50's, and other servers that have 350+ online 50's at 2pm server time on a weekday.

The playing environment on those 2 servers is dramatically different, trust me.

This is one of the issues that merging servers would fix.

The problem is they turned on too many servers too late.

Another problem is that on every server (please tell me if you know differently), the Imps outnumber the Repubs on a massive scale.

I'd pay a few bucks to transfer all my toons to Empire toons just so I'd have have my characters (yes I've started some Imp toons on my server). Wish they'd do something about server populations and faction numbers.

My realm has a very high Republic population. More Imps than Repubs, but it's like 1.5 to 1, not too bad. I play on The Swiftsure, btw.

And I don't even remotely have the problem that the OP does. Level 50 PVP queues take me about... 30 seconds tops?

That's all true, as well.

But right now there are servers which never hit 50 online 50's, and other servers that have 350+ online 50's at 2pm server time on a weekday.

The playing environment on those 2 servers is dramatically different, trust me.

This is true for every MMO. Even WoW is not immune. WoW alleviates the issue these days with cross realm LFG / LFD / battlegrounds but it's still a subpar gaming experience for normal / hard mode raiding and arena / rated battlegrounds. It used to be subpar experience for everything in vanilla / TBC / first half of WotLK. I should know, in TBC I played on an Alliance dominated low population PVE server as Horde. I knew everyone by name. Then I transferred to a high population Horde dominated PVP server and I had to install mods just to be able to read trade chat due to the amazing amounts of spam. It was night and day. I went from barely ever raiding to pugging hard mode raids in the span of a single night.

This is true for every MMO. Even WoW is not immune. WoW alleviates the issue these days with cross realm LFG / LFD / battlegrounds but it's still a subpar gaming experience for normal / hard mode raiding and arena / rated battlegrounds. It used to be subpar experience for everything in vanilla / TBC / first half of WotLK. I should know, in TBC I played on an Alliance dominated low population PVE server as Horde. I knew everyone by name. Then I transferred to a high population Horde dominated PVP server and I had to install mods just to be able to read trade chat due to the amazing amounts of spam. It was night and day. I went from barely ever raiding to pugging hard mode raids in the span of a single night.

Yup, but WoW offers transfers. Not sure when in the life of the game they started, but low pop servers is a problem in MMOs for like a decade.

I think at this point in Rift's life, they were already offering transfers, but not sure. This is about when I stopped (halfway through 1st paid month). I know they were at least talking about them, as they started making posts before I stopped.

But Bioware says...very little about anything.

I know I was at the point, with a 50 tank and 30 healer, of either unsubbing or re-rolling. I chose to re-roll for the last 3 weeks of 1st month sub. I would much rather have paid $50 and moved those 2 characters to a populated realm.

But transfers - just another thing that Bioware didn't seem ready for.

its just a case of waiting, you got to endgame fast. alot are alot slower at lvling and chose to lvl slower. sooner or later the majority will be lvl 50 and thus then problem solved.

Given all the talk of being roflstomped by geared 50's (that got that way within 2 weeks) as a fresh 50, I would rather reroll a new character for the storyline rather pvp on my 50.