Star Wars: The Clone Wars 4:17 "The Box" Discussion

Aitix

Has anyone else seen the episode?

I just watched the episode online and I was impressed, although it wasn't as good as last week's episode(though still better than "Deception"). It's definitely an unnecessary filler episode, but it's still pretty fun.

I think the pros for me are:

+The scene where Cad Bane killed the Ithorian for his hat, which was topped off with, "What are you looking at? It's a good hat."

+The Parwan was awesome. I really like it when the creators of TCW come up with new aliens. I especially like how how when Bane asked how "Rako" knew so much about the Parwans, he said, "I used to kill Parwans for a living" followed by the Parwan gulping behind him.

+The scene where Cad Bane rescued Obi-Wan. Hell, everything Cad Bane does is awesome. "You want to kill him, do it like a man."

+The fact that Obi-Wan is a BA in this arc. In past episodes, he keeps getting his butt handed to him or being rescued.

+Embo!

The cons of this episode are:

-Most of the bounty hunters were canon fodder. I only cared about the Parwan, Bane, "Rako Hardeen", the acrobat, and Embo.

-Like I said, this episode was pretty unnecessary.

-Obi-Wan saves everyone too much in this episode.

Edited by Aitix

I liked this episode, hell, the entire fourth season has been awesome.

I think the Clone Wars has gotten into a really good state of operation.

I hope they last a few more seasons and then decide to end it before season 10, that's usually when series becomes stale and uninteresting.

I once saw a scary movie like the episode. A group of teenagers are trapped in a Maze or whatever and they have to get out...

Anyway, I liked the episode. And I think Count senses Hardine(Who is actually Obi-Wan) is force sensitive.

That would be the Cube, a good thriller movie

-Obi-Wan saves everyone too much in this episode.

Something Dooku and whathisname actually have an argument about (while Dooku starts to suspect something is up).

I honestly liked it. The execution was fairly solid, overall, and I look forward to seeing the rest of this arc play out. I don't think it really did that much of a disservice to any of the characters (or at least, any of those that weren't already written off as 'fodder' out of the gate).

Plus, some more bounty hunter action. I can dig it - some new faces in the lineup is always awesome. Though I hope they do some more with Bossk and Zuckuss at some point (the last time we saw Bossk, he was pulling Boba off Hardeen in prison).

EDIT: And I agree, Cad Bane's shameless hat-related murder was great. They've done a good job keeping that aspect of him consistent so far.

Edited by Foxfirega

That would be the Cube, a good thriller movie

Cube was awesome. Classic Canadian cult sci-fi (with young Rodney McKay!)

I really liked this episode. Dooku definitely knows there's more to Hardeen.

Obi Wan is really going to give himself away if he keeps choosing the light side options

I liked this episode, hell, the entire fourth season has been awesome.

I think the Clone Wars has gotten into a really good state of operation.

I hope they last a few more seasons and then decide to end it before season 10, that's usually when series becomes stale and uninteresting.

He only did 5 seasons and thats it... so next year is the last season for The Clone Wars... To bad because it's been a really good series...

He only did 5 seasons and thats it... so next year is the last season for The Clone Wars... To bad because it's been a really good series...

Bah, the creators of the Simpsons also said they would end the series at season 20, and see where they are now

Bah, the creators of the Simpsons also said they would end the series at season 20, and see where they are now

I dunno, having a definative end-point for the series means less ball-juggling for plot (see: Avatar the Last Airbender for an example of the benefits of having a good, predefined end-point that was stuck to; Babylon 5* is a good example of what happens when you get an ending dropped on you, as are many other series) for that one particular set of stories.

I'm fine with it ending at season 5 if it does, but I hope they leave themselves some edge-room to toss another ball into the air.

(*DISCLAIMER: Babylon 5 was a great series. I don't want to suggest it wasn't. Unfortunately, they were threatened with having it cancelled on them early and rushed to tie up loose ends... and then got an extension, leaving them with nowhere to go. It was still a great series, but it was great in spite of that.)

it was a great episode but had a few flaws:

Not enough of embo

Dooku should've sensed obi wan through the force

the bounty hunters went ruthless enough

other then that it was great, when ever one climbed down into the gas, embo backflipped!

I don't think the force inside one works like a fingerprint

I think it's more likely that Dooku is sensing the force inside Obi Wan and is currently pondering on this particular information

Obi Wan could also be using Force Masking to downplay it a little. It wasn't a technique Jedi were incapable of, after all, and knowing full well he would probably be dealing with the Sith at some point sounds like a great time to start practicing.

Dooku's definately sensing something is up, though, which is implying it's not exactly a perfect mask at this point. I imagine a thorough background check of Hardeen is coming up.

That's old information. Look at this.

It will go on for six seasons.

Edited by Aitix

That's old information. Check this link:

It could go on for six seasons.

Personally I think the idea about the Clone Wars ending at season 5 came from people taking the "at least 100 episodes" comment and then using that number to guess the season amounts to make it

But now I guess they will make more for as long as the series stay popular, but I personally hope it will end before season 10, I feel shows start to decline around that number

Edited by SNCommand

Personally I think the idea about the Clone Wars ending at season 5 came from people taking the "at least 100 episodes" comment and then using that number to guess the season amounts to make it

But now I guess they will make more for as long as the series stay popular, but I personally hope it will end before season 10, I feel shows start to decline around that number

It's true that the duration of a TV series changes. When a new TV show starts, people don't know how long it's going to air, not even the creators. It could go on for over 300 episodes or it could be cancled before it even reaches it's tenth episode.

But that's off-topic. I wish bounty hunters like Twazzi and Embo could have done more. Hopefully, they will in the next episode.