Medals for Marauders/Sentinels

Deviltreh

Marauders (together with Snipers, but I'll talk about Marauders) are the only DPS class that's locked out of 2,5k; 5k healing medals OR 1k, 3k Defender and 2k single life Defender.

These medals are piss easy to get either by standing in acid and using one skill or spamming taunt + aoe taunt for one fight.

That means other DPS classes get extra 150 or so valor just for one or three key presses every single match.

To balance, I suggest adding Medals for pure DPS classes - classes with tanking or healing abilities won't get them (we don't get their medals now either) - like X Healing Prevented (using Deadly Saber's healing debuff) and X Extra Damage/Healing Given (using Bloodthirt's +15% damage/healing).

So classes with healing spells will get 2,5k and 5k (maybe 75k total) Medals while being DPS

Classes with tanking spells will get 1k, 3k and 2k single life Medals while being DPS

And Marauders will get X Healing Prevented and X Extra Damage/Healing Medals.

Seems fair (not for Snipers, but someone who plays Sniper can come up with something) to me.

SEEMS FAIR TO YOU?

Update: Or just make it so that using Obsfucate (-90% accuracy reduction) counts towards damage prevention.

Edited by Deviltreh

Marauders (together with Snipers, but I'll talk about Marauders) are the only DPS class that's locked out of 2,5k; 5k healing medals OR 1k, 3k Defender and 2k single life Defender.

These medals are piss easy to get either by standing in acid and using one skill or spamming taunt + aoe taunt for one fight.

That means other DPS classes get extra 150 or so valor just for one or three key presses every single match.

To balance, I suggest adding Medals for pure DPS classes - classes with tanking or healing abilities won't get them (we don't get their medals now either) - like X Healing Prevented (using Deadly Saber's healing debuff) and X Extra Damage/Healing Given (using Bloodthirt's +15% damage/healing).

So classes with healing spells will get 2,5k and 5k (maybe 75k total) Medals while being DPS

Classes with tanking spells will get 1k, 3k and 2k single life Medals while being DPS

And Marauders will get X Healing Prevented and X Extra Damage/Healing Medals.

Seems fair (not for Snipers, but someone who plays Sniper can come up with something) to me.

SEEMS FAIR TO YOU?

I wouldnt say no to more medals, but marauders can actually get both 75k heal and 2.5k heal if they spec for it. I usually get 8 to 9 medals depending on the map.

I wouldnt say no to more medals, but marauders can actually get both 75k heal and 2.5k heal if they spec for it. I usually get 8 to 9 medals depending on the map.

2,5k Medal requires wasting 7 talents (you said you got 75k healing done, so you must be Annihilation and everything in Rage is a waste for Annihilation). Other healing classes can just press a button.

I can get the 2.5k with the popular annihilation pvp/pve spec on an unshielded light armor user. Might need to use relic and expertise boost, but it's possible with a high-end Annihilate crit.

Absolutely need the gear for it though.

Dude I was talking about 2,5k healing medal.

I can get the 2.5k with the popular annihilation pvp/pve spec on an unshielded light armor user. Might need to use relic and expertise boost, but it's possible with a high-end Annihilate crit.

Absolutely need the gear for it though.

That should be pushing a 5k hit, not a 2.5k hit...

Just add a medal for when you score the ball in huttball, when you cap a point in civil war, or when you set / difuse a bomb in voidstar.

Problem solved. Now every class / spec has a way to get more medals.

PLUS, now you get REWARDED for HELPING YOUR TEAM WIN.

WHAT A CONCEPT :o

Yep, it's unfair. As a Sentinel, I have to struggle to get 5 medals and I see healing classes getting 9 medals all the time. This also takes away from our MVP status since most people vote for the people with most medals. Very unfair indeed yet nothing is done about it.

I totally agree! its a great idea to have a Objective for PVP, But they have medals that COMPLETELY take people away from the objective like the assasin medal in a 8vs8 Its a stupid medal... Get rid of medals or make medals for the objective and UNIVERSAL for all classes...

Thats a good idea in some ways.. bottom line Healers have there medals Tanks have theres and we have ours but where to week to get them! 2.5 is hard for alot of mauraders tanks have 3 medals for 1 skill Its unbalanced...

If anything they need to come out with medals MADE for eatch class and related to the objective

The 2.5k and 5k healing medals are very easy to get on a Marauder (and any class). PST me for detail...

MVP doesn't award that many more commendations, and medals become markedly less valuable the further you progress with gear. That being said, I have no issue achieving 5-9 medals a match as a marauder.

1v1

Killing Blow

2.5k hit

75k dmg done

300k dmg done

These should be achievable in any WZ, for most people. 1k and 3k defender medals should easily be achievable in Voidstar and Civil war. 2.5k healing done is achievable with the right spec, 75k healing done is achievable with the right spec. 5k hit will be harder for the undergeared, but it's not impossible.

People should be more concerned about maximizing their valor gains to speed up the BM grind. Honestly I have more issues with the ilum buff not applying correctly to increase my valor gain in WZ than I do with gaining medals.

LOL the assasin one is NOT easy to get in a 8v8 sometimes a 8v11 its many times very hard.

300k DMG medal? EASY? sure if i was in the normal bracket i could do that but at level 50 in the 50 bracket unless i have full champion (Maybe just centurion) I doubt i could do that and that takes time...

Granted the new update to the bags would permit someone to be able to get enough gear in a reasonable amount of time and should be able to get the medal fairly soon after opening 10-20 bags

Just add a medal for when you score the ball in huttball, when you cap a point in civil war, or when you set / difuse a bomb in voidstar.

Problem solved. Now every class / spec has a way to get more medals.

PLUS, now you get REWARDED for HELPING YOUR TEAM WIN.

WHAT A CONCEPT :o

You miss the point. It's not about extra medals, it's about getting an equal ammount of medals as a PURE DPS class...

Here are the medals my Sentinel friend gets consistently:

-Solo kill

-Killing blow

-2.5k damage single hit

-75k damage

-10 kills

-25 kills

-300k damage

-75k healing

He does pretty well and often tops medals.

Edited by Grubfist

Did you know you get defender points for killing the ball carrier in huttball?

Or for defending a capture point in Alderaan?

Maybe you should... ya know... do objectives.

Maybe you should... ya know... l2p. I was quite clearly talking about Guardian, Shield, etc medals which you get by taunting other players, moron.

You realise that a Heal Specced sorc will normally get around 3/5 medals in the average warzone? Their DPS isn't enough to drop anything. Whilst they can get more if well played (focus on damaging etc) just insta'ing every target they see and aoe'ing clumps for 300 damage just to get dps on them for the kill count etc.

If you did some research, you would also find out that you can get 2.5k and 5k heal medals on a Marauder or on any class......