Curious about PVP bodyguard opinion...

fluid

Do you guys feel that the LOUD and BRIGHT GREEN stream coming out of you constantly makes you a focus target in pvp? Especially in comparison to a healing inquisitor, or operative?

I find myself being targeted over most other heals I run with. Curious as to whether or not you feel the same way.

I watched a republic commando today, they do a green stream as well without the UBERLOUD sound... he went untargeted by us for a lot longer than our BH heals were.

as a healer your always going to be a priority target no matter what. if someone sees a healer in a crowd they will literally stop what they are doing to try and target you, atleast if they are any good they will.

i tend to get focused a lot but merely because the opposing teams players have played against me and know that if i am left unchecked they can find themselves in a rough spot.

i don't think our kolto missle is as noticable as the troopers green beam do to the fact that the beam is much easier to see where it's comming from which leads to locating the republic healer much easier.

you also shouldn't just be sitting there healing all day, granted healing is our job but our dps is pretty good considering. Generally my idea is to keep my team alive, not necessarily topped off, if i can keep them up long enough to get through the fight while i assist in burning down opponents that is the best method.

It doesn't take long for others to arrive so the quicker you can get through someone the better, which means the more dps burn on someone the better.

Help out your buddy with some heals, cc and dps and you'll be looking ok. Nothing people appreciate more than a healer who is worth their salt offensively as well as defensively.

he's not talking about KM but rapid shots... and yes, it puts a big target over your head. The other healing specs are much harder to pick out quickly... but honestly, once things get rolling you shouldn't have time during a heated battle to be using rapid shots too much.