Cancelled my sub but I did have fun.....

Criosdh

Well I cancelled my subscription today. I've had quite abit of fun with the game but the PvsP isn't one of those fun experiences unfortunately. I'll play until my time is up but until there are a few changes to the game it won't be able to keep my attention to become a "main" MMORPG.

I've pretty much stated my complains about PvsP in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=264385

Warzones are just a barrage of punting and CC'ing which has a zero fun factor. To make it worse many classes have mutliple forms of not only CC but CC nuetralizers which means something severly limited in everything like a sentinel just doesn't cut it in PvsP and becomes a contest of frustration. Many classes have skills that don't function in PvsP or have a similiar effect in PvsP which leaves the class pretty much under equipped for taking on the barrage of CC/CC counters that are the other classes.

On the PvsE side the leveling process is way too fast. With warzones starting at lvl 10 I have no idea why it's necessary to see that people playing as casually as me will be level 50 in the first few weeks. If we couldn't do any PvsP until lvl 50 and this was a PvsP game then yeah I could see why the leveling process would be fast and easy. However I've been 3-4 levels above each planets range since Corruscant and I've skipped the bonus series on everything but Taris. I don't even care if I die because I'll be back up and running at full strength in the exact same spot in like 20 seconds if I do. I'm yet to skip a single cutscene on like 5 of my toons and I'm already finishing out the game in the first 5 weeks. There is absolutely nothing awaiting the player in ANY mmorpg at max level except yet another treadmill that is either gear, master level, realm rank, whatever anyway. So why not have a leveling process that allows us to enjoy the journey a little longer and a little more indepth considering that there's only a longer and slower treadmill awaiting us at the end of this one anyway.

The game could also use a little more attention to detail for immersion/depth sake. Like seeing my breath on planet Hoth. Or the people on Hoth actually wearing something warmer than what they were wearing on Tattooine. It would have also been amazing to get mounts that are a little more relative to the location you're at, like riding some kind of lizard on Quesh or a Tauntaun on Hoth. I feel like alot of immersion and detail was skipped over and honestly why not because you'll barely spend 1 evening, maybe 2 sit downs on each planet anyway. If I were actually going to spend more than a few hours on each planet it'd be nice to have some cosmetic clothing just to set the mood a little. Like having to wear an actual gas mask on Quesh or warm clothes on Hoth. Let's not forget the original concept of the MMO was immersion and depth of the world. Not cramming a bunch of people into as large of a chat room as possible.

Crafting is fun on one hand, I really like the reverse engineering thing. I also think I like the spread out variety of each crew skill. However doing 10 or more 15-20min+ missions at treasure hunting lvl 350 just trying to get the necessary gemstones to make some lvl 20 item mods really really stinks and leads to absolute utter annoyance. I don't even care about the money/resources aspect of it. Just give me the option to spend whatever you think it's worth financially and get the stuff I need after a 30 minute mission or something. Getting the necessary materials should not be such a mind blowingly irregular lotto.

The game could use some extras like some kind of player housing/ship customization, etc. Those things go along way in giving people something to do when they aren't in the mood for leveling/PvsP. Spacecombat is pretty cool I wouldn't mind seeing that elaborated on. But more "distractions" are necessary for people to want to log on at all times. (which is what DAoC made me want to do.) These are the people that keep subscriptions consistently and loyaly.

That being said some of the class design is fun. The combat animations are superb. I really like the class names/descriptions and playstyles they came up with. Star Wars isn't as easy as throwing out a cleric, paladin and/or wizard like you can in any generic fantasy MMO. So I think their creativity really showed in the route they took with the classes. The voice overs weren't all that big of deal in THEORY to me but once I got into game and experienced them I don't know what I'll do in other MMOs without them. It was a nice new feature that took me by surprise and by storm. :) Space combat has been a pleasant distraction at least a few times. The companion system I absolutely love. I had my reservations before trying it but in the end this is one of my favorite characteristics about the game.

So yeah my evalutation at this point:

High Points: The game has some really high points like class design/creativity, animations, storyline, companion system, certain crafting features, etc. Voice overs have changed me forever :cool:, I've played 1 main and 4 alts and didn't skip a single cutscene on any of them.

Low Points: PvsP needs a serious make over, and most importantly by someone who isn't in denial about how bad Warhammer sucked.

The game could stand to be a little more "MMO-ish". For example mount variety based on planet, a less carebear leveling process, more immersion or atmosphere setting features like weather appropriate clothing (even on NPCs or dare I say especially on NPCs) and maybe some details like seeing your breath in cold climates. Honestly as far as the leveling process goes I'd be perfectly fine with it taking 2 or 3 times as long to get to 50. Personally I don't see what the big gripe about getting more than 4 or 5 weeks out of an MMOs content is. Crafting should be a little more goal oriented if that's the way to describe it. Getting the necessary materials to make use of your hard earned craft should not be primarily based on mission lotto.

In all it sums up to be an ok game, a game that had enough high points that I will definitely keep up with it's progress and direction but at this point I don't see myself subscribing to on any kind of regular or consistent basis without some pretty significant changes, especially to PvsP.

In no way do I regret the intial purchase price or my first months subscription. I have had fun for the most part and I'd like to think I have high hopes for the future of the game. With the right tweaking and some changes here and there it COULD be that next game I spend 100s of bucks on over time.

Edited by Criosdh

Why does everyone feel they need to post their own thread about the same stuff the last quitting thread said?

I always figured it was a culture difference. In some countries people want to be heard badly and have a tendency to draw the attention towards themselves. This also explains the troll/rage threads since if there is one thing they get...it would be attention.

But youre right quitting threads are completely redundant.

Why does everyone feel they need to post their own thread about the same stuff the last quitting thread said?

Because if they didn't you wouldn't know it was:

the same stuff the last quitting thread said

because there wouldn't be more than one thread about it.

It's referred too in general as feedback:

evaluative information derived from such a reaction or response: to study the feedback from an audience survey.

I'm sure my and others motivation for stating their feelings are probably very similiar to the compulsion you experienced in deciding to let us know how you feel about us stating our feelings. ;)

Because you know, your criticisms about my feelings are a far more important resource to BioWare than feedback on why I may not continue to purchase their product lol. :rolleyes:

Edited by Criosdh

evaluative information derived from such a reaction or response: to study the feedback from an audience survey.

I'm sure my and others motivation for stating their feelings are probably very similiar to the compulsion you experienced in deciding to let us know how you feel about us stating our feelings. ;)

You tell those fanboys.

Too many are quitting and thats bad news.

Thousands are "on the fence" in the next two months (myself included, if major issues and better textures arent available in the next two months) if they stay or not.

Edited by Urko

Because you know, your criticisms about my feelings are a far more important resource to BioWare than feedback on why I may not continue to purchase their product lol. :rolleyes:

When you quit didn't Bioware ask you why as part of the canceling process?

I am sure they are not coming here tabulating the "this is why I quit threads".

Edited by Drewser

It's more of all these feedback posts belong in suggestion rather then Gen chat....

I disagree , its showing more and more generally are finding the game isnt delivering for the good money thats been shelled out.

They have every right to be in the general section.

The next two months are a milestone whether big numbers stay or go imo.

Edited by Urko

Well I cancelled my subscription today. I've had quite abit of fun with the game but the PvsP isn't one of those fun experiences unfortunately. I'll play until my time is up but until there are a few changes to the game it won't be able to keep my attention to become a "main" MMORPG.

I've pretty much stated my complains about PvsP in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=264385

Warzones are just a barrage of punting and CC'ing which has a zero fun factor. To make it worse many classes have mutliple forms of not only CC but CC nuetralizers which means something severly limited in everything like a sentinel just doesn't cut it in PvsP and becomes a contest of frustration. Many classes have skills that don't function in PvsP or have a similiar effect in PvsP which leaves the class pretty much under equipped for taking on the barrage of CC/CC counters that are the other classes.

On the PvsE side the leveling process is way too fast. With warzones starting at lvl 10 I have no idea why it's necessary to see that people playing as casually as me will be level 50 in the first few weeks. If we couldn't do any PvsP until lvl 50 and this was a PvsP game then yeah I could see why the leveling process would be fast and easy. However I've been 3-4 levels above each planets range since Corruscant and I've skipped the bonus series on everything but Taris. I don't even care if I die because I'll be back up and running at full strength in the exact same spot in like 20 seconds if I do. I'm yet to skip a single cutscene on like 5 of my toons and I'm already finishing out the game in the first 5 weeks. There is absolutely nothing awaiting the player in ANY mmorpg at max level except yet another treadmill that is either gear, master level, realm rank, whatever anyway. So why not have a leveling process that allows us to enjoy the journey a little longer and a little more indepth considering that there's only a longer and slower treadmill awaiting us at the end of this one anyway.

The game could also use a little more attention to detail for immersion/depth sake. Like seeing my breath on planet Hoth. Or the people on Hoth actually wearing something warmer than what they were wearing on Tattooine. It would have also been amazing to get mounts that are a little more relative to the location you're at, like riding some kind of lizard on Quesh or a Tauntaun on Hoth. I feel like alot of immersion and detail was skipped over and honestly why not because you'll barely spend 1 evening, maybe 2 sit downs on each planet anyway. If I were actually going to spend more than a few hours on each planet it'd be nice to have some cosmetic clothing just to set the mood a little. Like having to wear an actual gas mask on Quesh or warm clothes on Hoth. Let's not forget the original concept of the MMO was immersion and depth of the world. Not cramming a bunch of people into as large of a chat room as possible.

Crafting is fun on one hand, I really like the reverse engineering thing. I also think I like the spread out variety of each crew skill. However doing 10 or more 15-20min+ missions at treasure hunting lvl 350 just trying to get the necessary gemstones to make some lvl 20 item mods really really stinks and leads to absolute utter annoyance. I don't even care about the money/resources aspect of it. Just give me the option to spend whatever you think it's worth financially and get the stuff I need after a 30 minute mission or something. Getting the necessary materials should not be such a mind blowingly irregular lotto.

The game could use some extras like some kind of player housing/ship customization, etc. Those things go along way in giving people something to do when they aren't in the mood for leveling/PvsP. Spacecombat is pretty cool I wouldn't mind seeing that elaborated on. But more "distractions" are necessary for people to want to log on at all times. (which is what DAoC made me want to do.) These are the people that keep subscriptions consistently and loyaly.

That being said some of the class design is fun. The combat animations are superb. I really like the class names/descriptions and playstyles they came up with. Star Wars isn't as easy as throwing out a cleric, paladin and/or wizard like you can in any generic fantasy MMO. So I think their creativity really showed in the route they took with the classes. The voice overs weren't all that big of deal in THEORY to me but once I got into game and experienced them I don't know what I'll do in other MMOs without them. It was a nice new feature that took me by surprise and by storm. :) Space combat has been a pleasant distraction at least a few times. The companion system I absolutely love. I had my reservations before trying it but in the end this is one of my favorite characteristics about the game.

So yeah my evalutation at this point:

High Points: The game has some really high points like class design/creativity, animations, storyline, companion system, certain crafting features, etc. Voice overs have changed me forever :cool:, I've played 1 main and 4 alts and didn't skip a single cutscene on any of them.

Low Points: PvsP needs a serious make over, and most importantly by someone who isn't in denial about how bad Warhammer sucked.

The game could stand to be a little more "MMO-ish". For example mount variety based on planet, a less carebear leveling process, more immersion or atmosphere setting features like weather appropriate clothing (even on NPCs or dare I say especially on NPCs) and maybe some details like seeing your breath in cold climates. Honestly as far as the leveling process goes I'd be perfectly fine with it taking 2 or 3 times as long to get to 50. Personally I don't see what the big gripe about getting more than 4 or 5 weeks out of an MMOs content is. Crafting should be a little more goal oriented if that's the way to describe it. Getting the necessary materials to make use of your hard earned craft should not be primarily based on mission lotto.

In all it sums up to be an ok game, a game that had enough high points that I will definitely keep up with it's progress and direction but at this point I don't see myself subscribing to on any kind of regular or consistent basis without some pretty significant changes, especially to PvsP.

In no way do I regret the intial purchase price or my first months subscription. I have had fun for the most part and I'd like to think I have high hopes for the future of the game. With the right tweaking and some changes here and there it COULD be that next game I spend 100s of bucks on over time.

The phrase, "cool story, bro", gets tossed around quite a bit now and days. I feel it's necessary to toss it onto your post because it's invariably ridiculous.

Edited by Seeiphiel

I disagree , its showing more and more generally are finding the game isnt delivering for the good money thats been shelled out.

They have every right to be in the general section.

The next two months are a milestone whether big numbers stay or go imo.

I disagree. There is a feedback/suggestion section for a reason.

We are not BW and our notice of anything a player claims they are leaving for in a "gimmie attention" thread is useless to any of us (unless you can't think for yourself) and "we" can do nothing about said players concerns.

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. We already have a Suggestion Compilation thread, so we are asking everyone with a list of suggested changes to carry on that discussion in one thread.

If you have have a more focused topic, rather than a list of suggestions, we encourage you to post your topic in our new Suggestion Box forum.

We will be closing this thread now. Thank you for your cooperation and we wish you the best of luck in all your future gaming adventures!